Transfer Deadline Day Events

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Events

Postby phips » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:
Chinners wrote:I'm happy Mangala is staying, he's not looked too bad in pre-season ... we'll see

disagree. along with dumping Bony i really wanted Mangala gone. he's just not good imo.

And Stones/Otamendi are?
Mangala has had some excellent games for us. He clearly has his faults but he has put in some great performances against strong centre forwards such as Costa.

I think it's almost universally accepted that Otamendi is useless and more people are finally recognising that Stones is not good enough.

Mangala might not be a top class defender but he probably has had more good games for us than the other two.

everyone always seems mention his debut vs Costa (and i think there was a 2nd vs. Costa and 1 vs Zlatan...maybe not) where he was good.

however, he is far too physical, cannot pass to save his life, has poor positional play, and doesnt appear to have a football brain.

Otamendi is far better. yes, he has his shameful diving and his ludicrous lunges (or whatever you wanna call them), but he can actually defend and he's been much better alongside Kompany this year and last year.

Damn right Phips, but the argument is that having said all that, most would still prefer him to JFE.

my desire to see Mangala leave was independent of Evans, even if the actual transfers were linked.
(i gotta wonder why Mangala turned down Palace for a spot as our 4th CB who will hardly play barring injury)

but since you brought up the link between Mangala and Evans, id rather have the latter. sure, he's an ex-rag but my complete and utter disdain for Mangala means that id rather have basically any other CB than him. id rather have Kolarov at CB, Tosin, Evans, anyone.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:49 pm

phips wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:disagree. along with dumping Bony i really wanted Mangala gone. he's just not good imo.

And Stones/Otamendi are?
Mangala has had some excellent games for us. He clearly has his faults but he has put in some great performances against strong centre forwards such as Costa.

I think it's almost universally accepted that Otamendi is useless and more people are finally recognising that Stones is not good enough.

Mangala might not be a top class defender but he probably has had more good games for us than the other two.

everyone always seems mention his debut vs Costa (and i think there was a 2nd vs. Costa and 1 vs Zlatan...maybe not) where he was good.

however, he is far too physical, cannot pass to save his life, has poor positional play, and doesnt appear to have a football brain.

Otamendi is far better. yes, he has his shameful diving and his ludicrous lunges (or whatever you wanna call them), but he can actually defend and he's been much better alongside Kompany this year and last year.

Damn right Phips, but the argument is that having said all that, most would still prefer him to JFE.

my desire to see Mangala leave was independent of Evans, even if the actual transfers were linked.
(i gotta wonder why Mangala turned down Palace for a spot as our 4th CB who will hardly play barring injury)

but since you brought up the link between Mangala and Evans, id rather have the latter. sure, he's an ex-rag but my complete and utter disdain for Mangala means that id rather have basically any other CB than him. id rather have Kolarov at CB, Tosin, Evans, anyone.

I feel The Mangler's hurt.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:15 pm

and he's right footed, so we're not that picky
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal