Pep's Obsession...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep's Obsession...

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Spurge wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:He is one of the most inflexible managers i have ever come across.

I was a huge fan abd all last season gave him benefit of any doubt but this year im turning by the day.

Blimey you're gonna despise the man in may at this rate.

Not confident of him turning it round? Think we are in for a long season?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:31 pm

If he's not won the league by New Year I'm off to find the Pep Out! thread.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby linwood » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:46 pm

It will be the media's greatest triumph if they manage to turn our own fans against the manager.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 pm

linwood wrote:It will be the media's greatest triumph if they manage to turn our own fans against the manager.

Er , i don't think so. The club has done everything it can to give Pep the resources he needs to win titles. If he can't do it now , that's sweet FA to do with the media.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
linwood wrote:It will be the media's greatest triumph if they manage to turn our own fans against the manager.

Er , i don't think so. The club has done everything it can to give Pep the resources he needs to win titles. If he can't do it now , that's sweet FA to do with the media.

The media has nothing to do with my dislike for Pep. He does a brilliant job of being a bellend for me to use my own eyes to see that!

I still defend him to any other supporters, which I hate doing but anyone City I'll defend.

I just don't like the man.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The media has nothing to do with my dislike for Pep. He does a brilliant job of being a bellend for me to use my own eyes to see that!

I still defend him to any other supporters, which I hate doing but anyone City I'll defend.

Exactly the same mate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:02 pm

He's not your brother, father, boyfriend or lover. Newsflash you don't HAVE to like him. It's totally immaterial.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Exactly the same mate.

I'm confident we'll all find some likeable characteristics eventually ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Exactly the same mate.

I'm confident we'll all find some likeable characteristics eventually ;)

Yeah, same here JC.
I get where Mase and Carl are coming from, but I just think a lot of the negativity I'm reading about him on the forum is all 'IF'.
If he does this and if he doesn't do that and if we don't learn how to do this that and the other. If we get injuries, we're fucked.

I get that, but it's just as easy to look at the qualities of the squad as a whole and say if we get this right, this could be great.

That's the only point I'm making.
Only time will tell and he only has this season to prove himself. This is his team this season, let him at it and support the team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby linwood » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

You don't like him because of how he is portrayed in the media or for some other reason?
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:25 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:The constant negativity from our own fans is what's driving me mad.

Imagine the meltdown if we lose to the Dippers.
We're 3 games into the season FFS.
Wait until Christmas before attempting to judge.

Er... it is his second season , xmas doesn't exist. The cork is squeaking already in the constipated Monkeys bum.

It is his 2nd season and this is definitely now his team. No excuses.
3 games in and the transfer window circus had ended. We know who we're left with. Let him get on with it.
Don't understand the rest but it sounded good.

Second season...yet...

Huge turnover of players. Implementing a new tactical system.

Seems these variables are with taking into consideration, no?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Good to see the usual suspects coming with "media" this and "pep out" that nonsense. This topic isn't fucking Pep out thread. It's about my frustration of him being inflexible and forcing the issue when we have, in my opinnion, much more pressing issues. Did none of you get to part where I told you I respect him and his resume. Hell I WANTED him in charge. What is he like some fucking Pol Pot or Kim Jong Il? We can't question anything he does?

For fucks sake this has been going on since fucking M*rk H***es era. And it's the same fools as well. Grow a set.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Good to see the usual suspects coming with "media" this and "pep out" that nonsense. This topic isn't fucking Pep out thread. It's about my frustration of him being inflexible and forcing the issue when we have, in my opinnion, much more pressing issues. Did none of you get to part where I told you I respect him and his resume. Hell I WANTED him in charge. What is he like some fucking Pol Pot or Kim Jong Il? We can't question anything he does?

For fucks sake this has been going on since fucking M*rk H***es era. And it's the same fools as well. Grow a set.

I just want to know who's idea it was to put a cork up a monkey's arse.
Was it Pep?
If it was I totally disagree with this, but if we win the PL at the end of it all, I won't complain about his methods.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum