UEFA v PSG & La Liga v CITY

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA v PSG

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 pm

johnny crossan wrote:We are also a target of course

What's Spanish for irony? Corruption is the way of life for La Liga, they are the consummate experts in all forms - from match fixing and government funding of clubs to illegal payments and tax fraud.

'la ironía'.......not much different from the English version.

Also usable might be 'el sarcasmo'
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:We are also a target of course

What's Spanish for irony? Corruption is the way of life for La Liga, they are the consummate experts in all forms - from match fixing and government funding of clubs to illegal payments and tax fraud.

'la ironía'.......not much different from the English version.

Also usable might be 'el sarcasmo'

I'm having my first twitter spat :D

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 am

Justified logic wrote:According to the DT this is true (although the story was of course that City were the biggest spenders), but the data had to be gathered from three separate pieces, all on different pages.
United spent £150m on 3 players and only recouped £7.32m on one player, Janujizz.
City spent £220.9m (or "around £220m") but recouped "around £92m" on many players (couldn't be bothered to add the sales up myself to check the accuracy of that.)
Anyway, bottom line is United net spend was around £143m, City around £129m. But we know some £78m of that was in the last FY.
The other big spenders, Chelsea and Everton, recouped a lot in sales.

I always like a picture
if only we'd landed Sanchez & JFE we'd be tops of charts by miles!! :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:According to the DT this is true (although the story was of course that City were the biggest spenders), but the data had to be gathered from three separate pieces, all on different pages.
United spent £150m on 3 players and only recouped £7.32m on one player, Janujizz.
City spent £220.9m (or "around £220m") but recouped "around £92m" on many players (couldn't be bothered to add the sales up myself to check the accuracy of that.)
Anyway, bottom line is United net spend was around £143m, City around £129m. But we know some £78m of that was in the last FY.

I always like a picture

The difference between what I wrote and that graphic is almost certainly add-ons.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:14 am

johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

And the big thing there is the wages we no longer have to pay. Nasri etc al were all on good money, releasing and selling a lot of players has given us scope to bring in a big name. Pity we couldn't secure it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:15 am

johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

I assume all our add ons have been included whereas the rags haven't. In that though, where the add-ons are actually met I wonder why the media don't include them in the spending figures in later windows
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

I assume all our add ons have been included whereas the rags haven't. In that though, where the add-ons are actually met I wonder why the media don't include them in the spending figures in later windows

That would require some effort NB, can't be having that, football journalists actually earning their corn, outrageous!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

The Rag figure includes 75 million for Lukaku but Sky are billing him at 90, so a little discrepancy factored in.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:23 am

Data from Transfermarkt (summer transfer window only):

City spent £219.87m, recouped £86.72m, net: £133.15m
United spent £147.96m, recouped £7.65m, net: £140.31m
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

That would require some effort NB, can't be having that, football journalists actually earning their corn, outrageous!

Also, why aren't these add ons explained? The £15m for Lukaku for example. That is some serious wedge, more than a lot of players cost. Is it on goals scored, games played, titles won? It would make the transfers more transparent and with FFP regulations seemingly back in vogue it would help with that.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 am

johnny crossan wrote:

I always like a picture

Arsenal amongst the selling clubs!

A couple of years ago the Watford figure would have been sensational.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Barcelona have held a press conference where they welcomed Uefas investigation and then said, one club has even paid £50m for a goalkeeper.

The former untouchable elite are panicking and trying anything to cling to the top.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:30 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Barcelona have held a press conference where they welcomed Uefas investigation and then said, one club has even paid £50m for a goalkeeper.

The former untouchable elite are panicking and trying anything to cling to the top.

It can't help that Franco's Fascists are ripping up trees at the moment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:37 pm

I wonder which Club paid 50 million pounds for a goalkeeper? It wasn't City.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:38 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Barcelona have held a press conference where they welcomed Uefas investigation and then said, one club has even paid £50m for a goalkeeper.

What, we paid an extra 15 mil without even knowing?

Seems the G14 are still running strong, doing each others dirty work.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 am

All over the news feed at the min.

Confirmation that there has been a complaint and request of investigation into our spending.

This shit has gone on from the instant we were taken over. It's getting worse and worse.

I honestly hope at this stage our owners just go to war over it all. Nothing else works.

Get this FFP fucked out in a court of law.
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:03 am

This head of La Liga seems a bit of an ignorant buffoon to be honest. He was 'not going to allow' the Neymar transfer. Silly twat.

Probably end up arrested like the last one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:04 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

It can't help that Franco's Fascists are ripping up trees at the moment.

Indeed - when everything is going wrong start a row abroad.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:44 am

Isn't RM state sponsored - wankers.

Id put a bid in for Messi right now , tell the world we want him next year...even if we dont.

On a side note , PeP should be advised not to mention Barca again, who usually receive their monthly accolades from him.That has to end ..starting now.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am

There's rumours that Messi has had it with them - so Barca are obviously trying to head us off at the pass!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum