UEFA v PSG & La Liga v CITY

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA v PSG

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41146009

The Spanish football league wants Uefa to investigate whether Manchester City have broken financial fair play rules.

European football's governing body is already investigating if Paris St-Germain have broken the rules, designed to stop clubs from 'financial doping'.

La Liga president Javier Tebas said City and PSG's "funding by state-aid distorts European competitions".

However, BBC Sport understands Uefa has no intention of opening an investigation into City at this stage.

City and PSG spent hundreds of millions of pounds on new players this summer. Tebas said their spending "creates an inflationary spiral that is irreparably harming the football industry".

PSG have been owned by the Gulf state of Qatar, via its Qatar Sports Investments fund, since 2011.

They more than doubled the world record transfer fee when they spent 222m euros (£200m) to sign Neymar last month, before adding Kylian Mbappe on loan from Monaco, a deal that is expected to be made permanent for £165.7m in 2018.

Manchester City's summer spend of £215m was the biggest by any club in any transfer window.

The Premier League club was bought by The Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008.

A La Liga statement released on Monday confirms it wrote two letters to Uefa on 22 August - one to express concerns over the French club, and another relating to City.

The body claimed that "both PSG and Man City benefit from sponsorships that make no economic sense and lack any fair value".

The statement continued: "La Liga calls on Uefa to proceed with its investigation, taking into account the full history of PSG's actions. Additionally, La Liga calls on Uefa to open a similar investigation into Man City."
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Isn't RM state sponsored - wankers.

Id put a bid in for Messi right now , tell the world we want him next year...even if we dont.

On a side note , PeP should be advised not to mention Barca again, who usually receive their monthly accolades from him.That has to end ..starting now.

This. He is paid to work for City.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:11 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41146009

The Spanish football league wants Uefa to investigate whether Manchester City have broken financial fair play rules.

European football's governing body is already investigating if Paris St-Germain have broken the rules, designed to stop clubs from 'financial doping'.

La Liga president Javier Tebas said City and PSG's "funding by state-aid distorts European competitions".

However, BBC Sport understands Uefa has no intention of opening an investigation into City at this stage.

City and PSG spent hundreds of millions of pounds on new players this summer. Tebas said their spending "creates an inflationary spiral that is irreparably harming the football industry".

PSG have been owned by the Gulf state of Qatar, via its Qatar Sports Investments fund, since 2011.

They more than doubled the world record transfer fee when they spent 222m euros (£200m) to sign Neymar last month, before adding Kylian Mbappe on loan from Monaco, a deal that is expected to be made permanent for £165.7m in 2018.

Manchester City's summer spend of £215m was the biggest by any club in any transfer window.

The Premier League club was bought by The Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008.

A La Liga statement released on Monday confirms it wrote two letters to Uefa on 22 August - one to express concerns over the French club, and another relating to City.

The body claimed that "both PSG and Man City benefit from sponsorships that make no economic sense and lack any fair value".

The statement continued: "La Liga calls on Uefa to proceed with its investigation, taking into account the full history of PSG's actions. Additionally, La Liga calls on Uefa to open a similar investigation into Man City."

We've just come out of a monitoring period in which UEFA were watching us like a hawk. Our sponsorship deals have been assessed by UEFA and have been determined to be fair market value. So this claim is complete and utter bullshit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Some shitty little pissant with half a brain and no clue - doing Barca's bidding like a lapdog. Maybe we should ask UEFA to investigate La Liga for money laundering, bribery and general corruption.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm

I notice the BBC posted the gross spend, not the net spend. Typical anti City bias.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 pm

We should sue for defamation. Questioning our sponsorship is one thing, saying openly we are irreparably ruining football is a whole new ball game.

Especially when image is so important to this whole takeover.
Original Dub

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:We should sue for defamation. Questioning our sponsorship is one thing, saying openly we are irreparably ruining football is a whole new ball game.

Given the La Liga guy is quite obviously a mouth piece for Barca and RM, it would also be quite nice if our FA and our press stood up for us with some real facts.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Rumours are that they're singling us out specifically as they're terrified that Messi isn't going to sign and they know we're talking with him.

So they're doing this to get back at us, and/or in the hope Uefa find something and put the stoppers on us making a big name signing.

Soft bastards.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:27 pm

UEFA have now confirmed we are not under investigation, and any reports that say we are are incorrect. Hopefully the club have forced them to issue this statement.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Original Dub wrote:We should sue for defamation. Questioning our sponsorship is one thing, saying openly we are irreparably ruining football is a whole new ball game.

Given the La Liga guy is quite obviously a mouth piece for Barca and RM, it would also be quite nice if our FA and our press stood up for us with some real facts.

Phew, steady on EN.

For this to happen, the FA would have to grow a backbone and go against all the orders of their paymasters at Sky.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:56 pm

I am sure I have said this before or maybe just thought it. (I'm old ) . Anyhow I would like to think that as powerful and as smart as our owners are
And with all the investment they have made, not just in us and the City Group but inFootball as a whole . That someone is taking note of all this shit being thrown at us By Spanish Wankers , F A , Media etc and there is gonna be one hell of a Judgement Day coming .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:04 pm

City must have Messi and his father's attention. Barca facing a pay up or else he leaves threat from the star man.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:City must have Messi and his father's attention. Barca facing a pay up or else he leaves threat from the star man.

Honest questions.
Firstly, does anyone on here actually believe Messi would/will come to City.
Secondly, if that is what he has in mind, who on here would be in favour of having him next year.

I'm torn. A bit like Sanchez. If we got either for nothing next year you would have to consider it, but I really think that ship has sailed, in both cases.
In Sanchez's case I don't see why Arsenal would sell to us in January and look even more stupid than they already do and I see no reason to give them even half of what we offered this summer. If it gets to summer, We'll be vying with a number of clubs again for whatever deal would tempt him and I would be more in favour of sticking with our buying younger players policy.
Next summer there will be new younger stars in the making to go for and I would rather we went for them than buy 30+ year olds like Messi, no matter what kind of a statement it makes.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:City must have Messi and his father's attention. Barca facing a pay up or else he leaves threat from the star man.

Honest questions.
Firstly, does anyone on here actually believe Messi would/will come to City.
Secondly, if that is what he has in mind, who on here would be in favour of having him next year.

I'm torn. A bit like Sanchez. If we got either for nothing next year you would have to consider it, but I really think that ship has sailed, in both cases.
In Sanchez's case I don't see why Arsenal would sell to us in January and look even more stupid than they already do and I see no reason to give them even half of what we offered this summer. If it gets to summer, We'll be vying with a number of clubs again for whatever deal would tempt him and I would be more in favour of sticking with our buying younger players policy.
Next summer there will be new younger stars in the making to go for and I would rather we went for them than buy 30+ year olds like Messi, no matter what kind of a statement it makes.

I would like Messi, every kid would like it, the thought we could be hated more by the mediocre, and the f.....g agenda merchants would be worth it. Sign him I say if it is possible.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:56 pm

I don't think we're in for Messi - I believe his camp is using the 'ties' and threat to leave to get him a better contract offer. IF he happened to leave in the summer Pep would probably want him though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Bit rich for the Spanish league to complain about inappropriate sponsors when Real have been getting handouts from the spanish government for decades. Shows that they are worried.

So if we have the chance to sign Messi, we go for it and pull no punches. Doesn't matter one bit that his best days may be behind him. Signing Messi (one of the best players of all time), would instantly catapult City to the top tier of clubs in terms of global support, revenue, and prestige. Plus, it would be fascinating/incredible to see Messi wearing sky blue battling it out in the PL.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Excerpts taken from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-kit.html Nov 2016

I wonder if La Liga are going to be calling for Barca to be investigated too, or do they not fit the profile of PSG and Man City for 'some reason or other'?

"Barcelona unveil new sponsor Rakuten in £200m, four-year mega-deal"

Barcelona have signed a huge new sponsorship deal with Japanese firm Rakuten worth £200million in a significant show of commercial strength from the Spanish champions.

The four-year agreement, with an option of a one-year extension, which will see the Rakuten logo feature on Barcelona's shirts from next season, enters the Catalan club into a tier of shirt-sponsor revenue matched only by [the swamp dwellers].

The partnership is understood to be worth up to £53m per season, with £5m of that figure dependent on bonuses linked to success on the pitch.

The new figures represent almost double what Barca are earning on their current £29m-per-year Qatar Airways sponsorship.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:16 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Barcelona have held a press conference where they welcomed Uefas investigation and then said, one club has even paid £50m for a goalkeeper.

The former untouchable elite are panicking and trying anything to cling to the top.

It can't help that Franco's Fascists are ripping up trees at the moment.

Indeed - when everything is going wrong start a row abroad.

Bismarck's modus operandi.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:22 pm

bigblue wrote:Bit rich for the Spanish league to complain about inappropriate sponsors when Real have been getting handouts from the spanish government for decades. Shows that they are worried.

So if we have the chance to sign Messi, we go for it and pull no punches. Doesn't matter one bit that his best days may be behind him. Signing Messi (one of the best players of all time), would instantly catapult City to the top tier of clubs in terms of global support, revenue, and prestige. Plus, it would be fascinating/incredible to see Messi wearing sky blue battling it out in the PL.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think we would pass up the opportunity should it arise. You'd wonder where Guardiola's loyalties lie if this was a possiblity?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
bigblue wrote:Bit rich for the Spanish league to complain about inappropriate sponsors when Real have been getting handouts from the spanish government for decades. Shows that they are worried.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think we would pass up the opportunity should it arise. You'd wonder where Guardiola's loyalties lie if this was a possiblity?

With himself I'd imagine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum