wc qualifiers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: wc qualifiers

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 am

Wonderwall wrote:Has Aguero upset the Argentinian coach? They seriously need wins and are n danger of not qualifying for the WC, yet he calls up Aguero for the 2 games and gives him Zero minutes.

It's because he dumped Maradona's daughter.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CrownPointBlue » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:International football is such a bad substitute.

Can't imagine how bad it will be in ten years

You couldn't have said anything more true OD.

It's a depressing thought altogether.

Working away and had to sit in a hotel room watching the Ireland and then Brazil game.

Wanting Ireland to win for my bet felt like watching City when we were shit. The football will be mediocre, we're second favourites but if we turn up we might win. Depressing!

We're spoilt getting to watch Silva, KDB, Aguero etc week in week out. Don't know how lucky we are

Ne'er a truer word spoken.

True......so why the hell do we get so many dissatisfied moaners & groaners on here whinging about something & nothing.

This is one of the very best times to be a City fan.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:54 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:International football is such a bad substitute.

Can't imagine how bad it will be in ten years

You couldn't have said anything more true OD.

Working away and had to sit in a hotel room watching the Ireland and then Brazil game.

Wanting Ireland to win for my bet felt like watching City when we were shit. The football will be mediocre, we're second favourites but if we turn up we might win. Depressing!

We're spoilt getting to watch Silva, KDB, Aguero etc week in week out. Don't know how lucky we are

True......so why the hell do we get so many dissatisfied moaners & groaners on here whinging about something & nothing.

Good question.

I think it's just the nature of football forums. I think some people tend to come across more negative than they actually are.

I'd wager that most arguments you see on football forums wouldn't happen if it was actually a proper conversation face to face, where you can hear tone, read body language etc. A middle ground can usually be found, especially when humour is brought into it - that for me is something that's often misinterpreted online.

Maybe I'm talking shit but from my experience of going to games I hear the same gripes and moans I hear on here but they're less vociferous in person.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:You couldn't have said anything more true OD.

Good question.

I think it's just the nature of football forums. I think some people tend to come across more negative than they actually are.

I'd wager that most arguments you see on football forums wouldn't happen if it was actually a proper conversation face to face, where you can hear tone, read body language etc. A middle ground can usually be found, especially when humour is brought into it - that for me is something that's often misinterpreted online.

Maybe I'm talking shit but from my experience of going to games I hear the same gripes and moans I hear on here but they're less vociferous in person.

Our forum clearly has a lot of very talented footballers and managers-in-the-making who get extremely frustrated with the poor touches, decisions and lack of stamina of our players on match day and that permeates on throughout the week. It's just a pity we haven't been able to sign a few of them up for us. You know who you are! ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:23 am

^^^^^^^^^

I think I could do a cracking job for City JL. :D

I could easily replace Vinny at the back and I wouldn't be as injury prone as our skipper and Pep would love my passing ability out of defence. :D

Just need to sort out one or two problems first i.e. I would need to learn a few more languages to be able to easily converse with all our players, I'd need to have laser-eye treatment to do something about my short sightedness, I'd need to lose a few decades or so and I'd also need to get a new left leg. :? :? :?

When I sort all those out JL, I could be brilliant for City :( :( :( :(
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 am

We all love to whinge....Im whinging now as Hurricane Irma is fuckign up my day...but Im a happy whinger...if that makes sense.

I think forums spill into real life , ie pubs and the like and its exactly the same imo..Ill call a rag a cunt , a mate a cunt ,PeP a bald cunt....its all part and parcel of our love for the game.

Look at Mase ..that cunts threatened to stop following football all the fuckign time due to the bent bastards that try to ruin it for us.....we all know he wont of course..and so does he.

Its great init !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We all love to whinge....Im whinging now as Hurricane Irma is fuckign up my day...but Im a happy whinger...if that makes sense.

I think forums spill into real life , ie pubs and the like and its exactly the same imo..Ill call a rag a cunt , a mate a cunt ,PeP a bald cunt....its all part and parcel of our love for the game.

Look at Mase ..that cunts threatened to stop following football all the fuckign time due to the bent bastards that try to ruin it for us.....we all know he wont of course..and so does he.

Its great init !!

Good call Carl.

Hope you're OK in all the stormy turmoil you're having to endure at the moment.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We all love to whinge....Im whinging now as Hurricane Irma is fuckign up my day...but Im a happy whinger...if that makes sense.

Its great init !!

Exactly. Everyone's a turd to me.

But to be fair on the bit about me, the is the first season in twenty years that I haven't renewed my season ticket. My dad offered me a ticket for when we play Liverpool which I turned down. Do I still love City? Absolutely! Are there times when I think I'm done and then the next minute I'm screaming "Dean you fuckin prick!" And offering out munichs on Facebook? Yes all the time!!

I'll never be done with City. But football, I may well be done with already.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum