next : liverpool (h)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next : liverpool (h)

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:We need to start fast,play with pace & intensity,and press them when they have the ball.

Their defence is weaker than ours & their midfield can't hold a candle to ours.

We will make chances.......we simply have to take them.

I think they will be pretty good at holding candles, tbh

BOOM........see what I did there.

Slip some bait in,stand back and see who bites.

That's not bait! That, sir, was a pinpoint cross
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:20 am

It's quite sad pointing out your own achievements though...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 am

Back 3 will be very hard if Kompany is out. Cant imagine Pep wants Mangala out there
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:55 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Back 3 will be very hard if Kompany is out. Cant imagine Pep wants Mangala out there

No way. If Vinny is out there will not be a back 3, the manager has no faith in Mangala and it will be Stones and Otamendi.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:00 am

sheblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Back 3 will be very hard if Kompany is out. Cant imagine Pep wants Mangala out there

No way. If Vinny is out there will not be a back 3, the manager has no faith in Mangala and it will be Stones and Otamendi.

Or it could be Walker, Stones, Otter. It is Pep after all.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:06 am

Will be in the pub by half ten. It's the only way.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 am

Bin dippin candle lighters have a shocking defence themselves we just score more than they do don't we ! It will be that sort of game so strap yourselves in soft cunts ! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 am

I hate playing Liverpool. Game raising fuckers.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:14 am

mr_nool wrote:It's quite sad pointing out your own achievements though...

So is pointing out other peeps pointing out their own achievements. That's very sad.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:19 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:

So is pointing out other peeps pointing out their own achievements. That's very sad.

So is pointing out pointing out other people's pointing out their own achievements.
It achieves nothing.
What's the point?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:

So is pointing out pointing out other people's pointing out their own achievements.
It achieves nothing.
What's the point?

Pointless to be fair .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:43 am

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:

It achieves nothing.
What's the point?

Pointless to be fair .

This is so pointillistic; you guys are pure artists. :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 am

Is Walkers suspension finished now?
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am

I am not very confident about this game. :(

If Kompany really is out injured, we will struggle defensively. Our first 3 games we have not performed particularly well despite results suggesting otherwise.

We need far too many chances to convert in to goals. Will be our undoing again this season, as it was last season.

We will probably dominate possession, Candle Waivers quick counters will cause us problems. If we are not careful we could be 2-0 down within the first 15 minutes. Hopefully (for once) we will be ready for their Charge of the Light brigade Football.

My Heart prays for a City win tomorrow. I really do despise the Candle waivers,

My Head says Candle Waivers are going to win this one, maybe 3-1 4-1.I think their quick front 3 are going to cause our defence lots of problems.

The good news is my predictions are usually Dog shit. When ever I think were going to get done, we usually put in a stormer.(crosses fingers).
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am

gmercer1 wrote:Is Walkers suspension finished now?

Yes.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 am

zabbadabbado wrote:I am not very confident about this game. :(

If Kompany really is out injured, we will struggle defensively. Our first 3 games we have not performed particularly well despite results suggesting otherwise.

We need far too many chances to convert in to goals. Will be our undoing again this season, as it was last season.

We will probably dominate possession, Candle Waivers quick counters will cause us problems. If we are not careful we could be 2-0 down within the first 15 minutes. Hopefully (for once) we will be ready for their Charge of the Light brigade Football.

My Head says Candle Waivers are going to win this one, maybe 3-1 4-1.I think their quick front 3 are going to cause our defence lots of problems.

The good news is my predictions are usually Dog shit. When ever I think were going to get done, we usually put in a stormer.(crosses fingers).

I'm hoping for something less naive from us than to go out and do what we normally do against them, but very much fear the scenario you paint above.
We've started slow so far this season. They come out of the blocks trying to win a game in the first 20 minutes.
In comparison to us they've been fairly clinical with their chances.
We create chances for fun but our conversion rate is quite poor in comparison to our dominance.

I very much feel that we need to be more cynical in our approach in this game which is after all against a direct rival for position in the table.
First goal is crucial. We cannot let them score early.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:09 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'm hoping for something less naive from us than to go out and do what we normally do against them, but very much fear the scenario you paint above.
We've started slow so far this season. They come out of the blocks trying to win a game in the first 20 minutes.
We create chances for fun but our conversion rate is quite poor in comparison to our dominance.

I very much feel that we need to be more cynical in our approach in this game which is after all against a direct rival for position in the table.

this is how i feel as well
quite incredible when you consider that we, supposedly, have the best manager in world football
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

quite incredible when you consider that we, supposedly, have the best manager in world football

You love having that stick to beat him with.

You'd swear Liverpool destroyed us last season the way some are talking.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'm not sure we'll even score even though their defence is supposedly suspect and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

The pessimist in me fears and dreads that we're going to get beaten 0-3 or even 0-4.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

You love having that stick to beat him with.

You'd swear Liverpool destroyed us last season the way some are talking.

He's hated him since last pre season mate.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum