New transfer window period for the PL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New transfer window period for the PL

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Shit idea. Unless the rest of Europe follows suit. Then fair enough.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

bad decision if the rest of Europe is not on board. This will jack up all prices for EPL clubs shopping in Europe as they know EPL clubs will be even more desperate closer to the deadline. Same as that stupid homegrown rule that now has average players swapping EPL clubs for 30m+. EPL trying to ruin football I tell you.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Never liked the idea of an active transfer window once the season had started - I just hope the rest of Europe catches up with us.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 am

Seemed a great idea until I realized what you've all just written. I'm sure it will see us bent over on yet another 40m cb at some stage. And I'll hear about it until the end of time. Fuck international breaks make me miserable haha
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 pm

One thing I think it might mean will be if we are in competition with, say PSG, for a player from, say Sevilla, PSG can be in the bidding war with us right up until our deadline day, suggesting that they will outbid us ("So don't, Sevilla, accept City's final offer before coming back to us because we'll top it.") and then pull out and make a lower offer when our window has closed.

As others have said, the new deadline day will only work for us if the other countries follow suit and that will only happen if the PL's influence on the market is strong enough. I've no idea how this will turn out: we could get screwed; we could force the other countries to follow. The Law of Unexpected Consequences works in a strange way.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:26 pm

There are some thick cunts that are in charge of decisions like this in our league.....really.

How can they make this call when the rest of europe dont follow suit ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm

It will change nothing; the scramble will move forward two weeks; if a deal falls through on the deadline day like Sanchez, there will be a small window to transfer the player abroad, but if no takers you will still be stuck with a fed up player. Other than handing an advantage to non PL teams I'm not sure what it is supposed to achieve.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:There are some thick cunts that are in charge of decisions like this in our league.....really.

How can they make this call when the rest of europe dont follow suit ?

In the good old/bad old days when there was no window, transfers just went on all year round and the game didn't seem to fall to pieces because of it. At least I don't think it did ??

Perhaps some forward thinking soul, somewhere over the rainbow, ought to suggest this as a revolutionary development worth considering ??

It couldn't be any worse than this crackpot idea.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum