Lawro & DC predictions v Liverpool (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Liverpool (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Lawro geting splinters this week, and DC shocked me with his prediction.
Lawro's opponents for this weekend's fixtures are BBC NFL Show analysts Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell.

Lawro Says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41178155

The question for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is what he does with Philippe Coutinho after the summer transfer saga that saw the forward ask to leave amid a series of bids from Barcelona, all of which were turned down.

Coutinho has not played for Liverpool so far this season because of a back injury but he has been in action twice for Brazil over the international break.

I am sure Coutinho will be in the Reds' squad for Saturday, but Klopp must decide whether he starts or is on the bench.

What helps Klopp is that Liverpool have not exactly struggled in attack without Coutinho - they have been fantastic going forward.

Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino can both play in that number 10 role too, so they have three players who can do that job - Coutinho just happens to be the best one.

It seems as though Manchester City are still settling down as a team after their summer signings, but that will happen quicker if Pep Guardiola does not chop and change his side.

I just get the feeling he is still trying to be a bit too clever with his formations and team selections, despite the fact the Premier League is so unforgiving, whoever you play.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
Osi and Jason's prediction: 2-3

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... redictions

What a game to start with! Sometimes with a big game the anticipation is there but it can fizzle out. However, I can't see that happening with this game. These two teams play one way and one way only - attack, attack, attack!

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be hoping to make his Liverpool debut but with England captain Jordan Henderson and Emre Can, who I'm a big fan off, set to play I don't see him getting a game. That's unless he plays out of position but I thought he went to Liverpool to play in central midfield, no?

I can't see anything but goals in this game. Both are brilliant going forward and not great at the back. However, I'm just going to side with City because I believe they are slightly better at the back.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-2 (18/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Liverpool (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Lawro never predicts a Liverpool defeat, a draw is his worst for them. I think DC could be right.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum