***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Dimples wrote:I am worried.

Scouse2 targeted the left side and it worked.
Scouse1 did the same today and it was only a matter of time until that worked.
Otter (even with Vinny) is the soft center and the better teams will have the skill to exploit the weakness.

What is worrying is that we did not adapt to eliminate the risk after the scouse2 game.
A lesson not learned.

If this is not sorted it will cost us in the PL and CL.

Would like to see mangala on the left side of a back 3. Ok he might not be a passing centre back that pep desires but he is miles faster than otamendi.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Otamendi was hopeless. He's on a yellow, Salah is running at him 1on1 in open space and he still dives in, the braindead turd.

What's the point of a back three if the left wing back has to babysit him on top of Stones' cover from the central position.

We were lucky that Salah was equally braindead with his final ball.

Great performance otherwise. Glad we fucked these cunts up properly.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Could not get to the game today , in the air flying back from Majorca and sat next to a Liverpool fan.
It was a happy moment when we landed in more ways than one :D :D :D
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dimples » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 pm

sheblue wrote:

Otter (even with Vinny) is the soft center and the better teams will have the skill to exploit the weakness.

What is worrying is that we did not adapt to eliminate the risk after the scouse2 game.
A lesson not learned.

Would like to see mangala on the left side of a back 3. Ok he might not be a passing centre back that pep desires but he is miles faster than otamendi.

I do not know what the solution is.
Finding a formation to cover for Otter's lack of pace sounds self defeating.
Replacing Otter seems like a better option.
So maybe Stones as FIBD suggets or Mangala who has pace and power?

I know for certain that if Otter plays against the top 7 teams I will be watching with a feeling of impending doom.
And when they exploit the weakness and score I will be angry.
When the Rags do it, Mo will ruthlessly target that flaw, I will be very very upset.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 pm

sheblue wrote:

A lesson not learned.

It a Chiellini in his prime solution - for me I'd swallow my pride and go back for Laporte but that's never going to happen - not sure what the answer is but cannot see it within the club
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:49 pm

sheblue wrote:

A lesson not learned.

This.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 pm

I went on RAWK a little earlier and there's a strange atmosphere afoot over there.

There was some degree of vitriol being disseminated, especially on a thread about the Dippers defence not having been strengthened but, all in all, it was relatively muted and the main impression was that they were shell shocked by today's happenings. Normally, they always seem to be full of themselves, so this is quite nicely strange.

Psychologically, this might just have an effect upon Klipperty and his cohorts and inhibit them in our away fixture in Scouseland. If that were to be the case, we might just have achieved something more than simply garnering three valuable points today.

Who knows ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby freshie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

A lesson not learned.

Would Stones be a better bet there? Otter gets exposed for pace in this role, swap the pair of them maybe? I dunno but I share your concern.

As bad as Slothamendi was today he was not helped at all by Mendy, who should have been tracking back to offer support to the slow as fuck centre back. Whether he didn't track back cos he couldn't be arsed or cos Pep had told him to keep an advanced position is debatable (not once did I see Pep berate him for not getting back quickly enough) but is a problem that needs sorting out urgently
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Justified logic wrote:One thing I noticed, twice. The TV coverge was so busy showing the replay of a Liverpool attack that they missed Ederson's long kick out and our attempt on goal. I'll laugh when they miss it and we score!

Not sure if the same but what really pissed me off was when the game was underway after the ball going out and all of a sudden Henry is called up to explain our defensive frailties, with full graphics, circles and all, whilst the game was in full swing.

It was fucking chippy as fuck and not what I'd expect of Sky. I said to my son, are they trying to get a message to Klopp or his team, it was that bad.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Just got home don't know how ? What day is it ?

Hic !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Will anyone be watching MOTD tonight ??

Normally, I can't be fussed about it because of all the meaningless drivel that Messrs. Shearer and chums spout both effusively and effortlessly.

However, tonight might be quite worthwhile, if only to see what jaundiced slant the gathered 'experts' place upon our performance.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Will anyone be watching MOTD tonight ??

Normally, I can't be fussed about it because of all the meaningless drivel that Messrs. Shearer and chums spout both effusively and effortlessly.

However, tonight might be quite worthwhile, if only to see what jaundiced slant the gathered 'experts' place upon our performance.

Lineker took to Twitter earlier to claim that Moss' decision to send Mane off was terrible, interested to hear what he has to say tonight and if he's challenged on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:One thing I noticed, twice. The TV coverge was so busy showing the replay of a Liverpool attack that they missed Ederson's long kick out and our attempt on goal. I'll laugh when they miss it and we score!

Not sure if the same but what really pissed me off was when the game was underway after the ball going out and all of a sudden Henry is called up to explain our defensive frailties, with full graphics, circles and all, whilst the game was in full swing.

It was fucking chippy as fuck and not what I'd expect of Sky. I said to my son, are they trying to get a message to Klopp or his team, it was that bad.

You're not alone Beefy, fucking ridiculous, you're meant to show the game you knobheads.

I noticed too that we had 2 or 3 tight offside calls that we saw no replay of despite there being time. I've noticed this before too whilst it seems at the other end they're shown, perhaps this is one for the paranoid thread.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 pm

If I can stay awake I will, but I'm really struggling at the moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

You're not alone Beefy, fucking ridiculous, you're meant to show the game you knobheads.

I noticed too that we had 2 or 3 tight offside calls that we saw no replay of despite there being time. I've noticed this before too whilst it seems at the other end they're shown, perhaps this is one for the paranoid thread.

That last paragraph started a couple of seasons back and a mate of mine, who I trust impeccably, said there was no way a couple of them were offside.

Very much for the Paranoia thread but very strange that they don't seem to show them anymore. It's as if they are protecting the ref, who is obviously an impartial officiate, even though they are paid by the PL (not the FA) and therefore, Sky!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Definitely watching it to see Lineker struggle. I cannot believe the other pundits will agree with his imiyial belief that it was not a red or even that he will not rethink his initial reaction.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I normally watch it in the morning on the BBC website as I can watch it on delay and skip the crap but I think I'll watch the original this evening. :D
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Justified logic wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I normally watch it in the morning on the BBC website as I can watch it on delay and skip the crap but I think I'll watch the original this evening. :D

Almost there! Football on Five is keeping me awake for now!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Brace yourselves chaps here comes the beeb to tell us not to get carried away with a lucky 5-0 :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 pm

A lesson not learned.

Would Stones be a better bet there? Otter gets exposed for pace in this role, swap the pair of them maybe? I dunno but I share your concern.

Stones stays where he is. Thing is, Mendy, as he continues to mesh with the team will cause the opposition similar mares.

Nico is likely gone next season to me anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum