Why no full house?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why no full house?

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 pm

I think because it's the champions league as well that has a lot to do with the attendance. I for one hate the corrupt competition with a passion. Will I support the boys all the way through it - yes absolutely. But the way we've been treated and are being treated still it leaves a sour taste.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Mase wrote:I think because it's the champions league as well that has a lot to do with the attendance. I for one hate the corrupt competition with a passion. Will I support the boys all the way through it - yes absolutely. But the way we've been treated and are being treated still it leaves a sour taste.

Aye, mate. I do think most fans are realistic enough to know that we need to be in it, hence the worry mentioned by SSB, but not many have any real passion for it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Dunno, I am not enough into Mancunian goings to assess, but couldn't it just be sth more similar to the very cockney use of many companies/businessmen to buy season tickets just to serve their business entertainment needs?
I mean now, aside the rags/dippers pushing media, everyone in the world is aware that City are the biggest entertaining thing in English Footie, hence increased appetite and all that.

I just happened last weekend to be on the receiving end of such reprehensible use and I guess that seat at Vicarge rd. will be empty most of the game.
the opposite flip of advancement, anyone?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am

Swales4ever wrote:Dunno, I am not enough into Mancunian goings to assess, but couldn't it just be sth more similar to the very cockney use of many companies/businessmen to buy season tickets just to serve their business entertainment needs?
I mean now, aside the rags/dippers pushing media, everyone in the world is aware that City are the biggest entertaining thing in English Footie, hence increased appetite and all that.

I just happened last weekend to be on the receiving end of such reprehensible use and I guess that seat at Vicarge rd. will be empty most of the game.

I think the other part of this is that Season Tickets give much better access to tickets for away games. A mate of mine who's a Dippers fan paid £700 for a pair of away tickets to the Etihad a few weeks back, for him and a client. The owner of those will have paid £35 each for them, meaning a £630 profit, which in itself will have paid for one of the season tickets used to buy them. If tickets like this are sold for just 5 games a season (us, Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton) at similar prices, and ones for other London games (Spurs, West Ham) at £150 a pop, that's over £2,000 per ticket, without having to even factor in home games or European matches.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Dunno, I am not enough into Mancunian goings to assess, but couldn't it just be sth more similar to the very cockney use of many companies/businessmen to buy season tickets just to serve their business entertainment needs?

I think the other part of this is that Season Tickets give much better access to tickets for away games. A mate of mine who's a Dippers fan paid £700 for a pair of away tickets to the Etihad a few weeks back, for him and a client. The owner of those will have paid £35 each for them, meaning a £630 profit, which in itself will have paid for one of the season tickets used to buy them. If tickets like this are sold for just 5 games a season (us, Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton) at similar prices, and ones for other London games (Spurs, West Ham) at £150 a pop, that's over £2,000 per ticket, without having to even factor in home games or European matches.

Met a scouser a few year back when I was on holidays and a mate of his had set up an online business selling matchday packages at Anfield to Scandinavians.

There were a group of about ten friends that all had season tickets in the same area and would more often than not give their ticket to their mate with the online business and get a cut of the profit.

He reckoned he went to only around 4 or 5 games a year, essentially free of charge and a few hundred quid up at the end of each season with his cut of the profits.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Met a scouser a few year back when I was on holidays and a mate of his had set up an online business selling matchday packages at Anfield to Scandinavians.

There were a group of about ten friends that all had season tickets in the same area and would more often than not give their ticket to their mate with the online business and get a cut of the profit.

He reckoned he went to only around 4 or 5 games a year, essentially free of charge and a few hundred quid up at the end of each season with his cut of the profits.

I went to Anfield a few years ago and 75% of the people in section where we were sitting were Norwegian. The rest were Swedes.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 am

mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I went to Anfield a few years ago and 75% of the people in section where we were sitting were Norwegian. The rest were Swedes.

I guess the cabbages were in the rest of the ground?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I guess the cabbages were in the rest of the ground?

No, they didn't turnip.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva