Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 pm

THE BOLLOX

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has hailed Kevin De Bruyne as one of the best players he’s ever seen.
De Bruyne has started the season in exceptional form and provided an assist for John Stones during the 4-0 victory away at Feyenoord
He tormented the Feyenoord defence with his movement and passing, leading Guardiola to lavish the praise on him after the final whistle.
"Kevin is one of the best players I've ever seen in my life. We are so proud and so happy he is with us."
Guardiola also spoke of the importance for his team to win games home and away in the Champions League, something they failed to do last season.
"Last season we couldn’t win one game away from home and we spoke about that. If we want to make a step forward then we have to be important home and away.
"We had a good performance and it was important to score in the first minute. Offensively and in terms of character we played well. There are a lot of things to do but a start like this is so important.
"We have made a huge effort to buy five players to make that step forward, like all the big teams have done in Europe. It’s important to see if we can go away and play with an attacking mentality, not conceding counter-attacks."

HEADLINE BOLLOX
Feyenoord mismatch a breeze for Manchester City on windy Champions League

◾Manchester City have won away from home in the Champions League for the first time in their last seven attempts (D3 L3).
◾City have kept their first clean sheet in the Champions League since September 2016 (eight games).
◾John Stones' goal after 1:35 is the fastest scored by Manchester City in the Champions League.
◾Stones is also the first Man City defender to net a brace in the Champions League.
◾Gabriel Jesus is the fourth player to score on his Champions League debut for Man City (also Balotelli, Kolarov & Nolito).
◾Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in his last 22 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City.
◾The last time Feyenoord hosted a Champions League fixture they also conceded at least three goals and that too was against an English side - a 3-2 defeat vs Newcastle in the 2002/03 campaign.

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is wanted by Real Madrid. (Don Balon, via Daily Star)

Atletico Madrid are increasingly confident they have made a breakthrough in negotiations to re-sign 28-year-old forward Diego Costa from Chelsea. (Sky Sports)

Costa was due to arrive back in London from Sao Paulo on a flight on Tuesday, but his ticket went unused. (Marca, in Spanish)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger denies reports that contract negotiations with playmaker Mesut Ozil have broken down. The 28-year-old's current deal at the Emirates expires at the end of this season. (Daily Mirror)

Inter Milan will offer 24-year-old striker Mauro Icardi a new contract with an increased release clause of more than £100m to try to ward off any approaches from Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United. (Talkshyte)

Midfielder Andres Iniesta, 33, will sign a new deal at Barcelona instead of joining Juventus, says the Italian club's chief executive Giuseppe Marotta. (La Sexta, via Goal)

Tottenham, Everton and Burnley are all interested in Werder Bremen midfielder Thomas Delaney, 26. (Talkshyte)

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti will seek a return to the Premier League next summer if Bayern Munich trigger a break clause in his three-year contract as head coach. (ESPN)

RB Leipzig will offer Liverpool target Timo Werner a new contract, but insist they are under no pressure to sell the 21-year-old forward. (Talkshyte)

Barcelona will not return with a fresh bid for Liverpool's 25-year-old playmaker Philippe Coutinho, instead turning their attention to 26-year-old Nice attacker Jean Michael Seri. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp is under pressure with the Blues having lost five games in a row. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal and Leicester tried to sign 29-year-old Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes before the Germany international joined Juventus on loan, says his agent. (Bild, via Daily Express)

Burnley have taken former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, 33, on trial. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Former Premier League striker Marcus Bent, 39, has signed for ninth-tier Southern Combination League side Wick. (Bognor Regis Observer)

HEADLINE BOLLOX
Man City spoils Feyenoord's Champions League return

GOLDEN BOLLOX
Micah Richards claims he wasn't given a chance by Manuel Pellegrini and says he fears for Manchester City's youngsters
Micah Richards isn’t your typical Brit abroad. He isn’t in Italy just to party. He’s here, in Florence, to rebuild his once burgeoning reputation.
The defender once heralded as the undisputed successor to Gary Neville’s England right back slot has had 18 months to forget.
There are various theories to explain Richards’s fall from grace. Injury is one; the form of Pablo Zabaleta another.
Former Manchester City boss revealed his superstitious side when he banned players from wearing purple at the club.
The 49-year-old believed that the colour brought bad luck.
His failure to convince Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini of his abilities is, perhaps, the most pertinent reason.
Speaking for the first time since calling time on his 12-year career at City, Richards provided his own account of why he feels his career has hit a brick wall.
‘I don’t have any bad feelings towards the club. They put me on the map and gave me a chance when I was 17,’ said Richards. ‘But I do have bad feelings towards the playing time (I was given). For any player, when you’re not playing it’s frustrating. When Roberto Mancini was in charge, he would rotate the full backs.
‘When we won the league in 2012, I played more than Zabaleta. So, I feel as though I could have been given more chances to play (under Pellegrini). I felt like I had improved and that I could do it at that level.’
Richards, who also revealed his hope of breaking back into England contention, admits he has doubts over whether City’s current youngsters will ever emulate his achievement of breaking into the first team.
Dedryck Boyata, a Belgian, is the only ‘club-trained’ player in City’s Champions League squad.
‘It’s going to be hard for them to come through. If you look at the squad now there’s 22 international players,’ Richards said. ‘You’re going to have to be extra special to get through. Hopefully, the new facilities they are building will help to bring young players through. It would be nice to see more coming from the academy, but the standard’s pretty high now.
‘The manager [Pellegrini] always said if you’re good enough, you’ll get a chance. I hope he sticks to his word. But I decided I wanted to go somewhere where I had the opportunity to be No 1.’
He’s got that chance now, amid the plush surroundings of Tuscany. The prospect of playing on the same flank as Colombia’s World Cup sensation Juan Cuadrado this season has re-invigorated the defender.
Richards was chirpy at his official unveiling at the Stadio Artemio Franchi; his difficult 18 months now a bygone chapter. His season-long loan to Fiorentina, however, has come at considerable emotional expense.
Facts and figures show that Micah Richards' career has taken a down turn at the Etihad Stadium
The 26-year-old is very close to his family; leaving them back in England has been a huge wrench, according to those close to Richards. But he wanted it this way. The hard way. He could easily have stayed in the Barclays Premier League — his comfort zone.
Richards had a firm loan offer from West Ham, who made their interest known in the defender just hours after their opening-day defeat by Tottenham.
Likewise, Richards could have easily sat back and picked up his £70,000-per-week salary at the Etihad Stadium, knowing full well he’d have virtually no chance of playing and that his contract ran out at the end of the season.
But his mind was made up. The move to Fiorentina had been in the pipeline for three weeks. As discussions between the Serie A club and Richards’s representatives progressed, the more the defender’s eyes widened.
‘I had interest from English clubs, Man City offered me a five-year contract to stay, but for me I wanted to come somewhere I could make a fresh start,’ he said.
‘A lot of players in England just want to stay but I wanted to play abroad, I’ve always wanted to do that. This was the best option for me. I watched Italian football on TV, the pace looks slower, but more technical.
‘Teams look after the ball a bit better. That’s what Italy is known for and tactically I want to improve my game.
‘For example, sometime in games you can fizzle games out, I learned that under Mancini. I learned a lot from Mancini and he is one of the reasons I came here, too.
Micah Richards decided to leave Manchester City having been there since 2001
But even with the Florence sun beating down on him yesterday, rainy Manchester was never too far from his thoughts.
‘Leaving City was always going to be sad after 12 years, it was hard for me to leave because I know nothing else but Manchester City,’ he said.
With the influx of big-money foreign signings, you wonder where City’s next Micah Richards is coming from.

Manchester City hungry for revenge over Arsenal says Pablo Zabaleta
PABLO ZABALETA insists Manchester City are out for revenge in tomorrow's mouth-watering clash with Arsenal.
Manchester City travel to the Emirates hell-bent on making amends for their 3-0 defeat to the Gunners in the Community Shield.
The shock hammering in August was the biggest loss City have suffered since Manuel Pellegrini took charge in 2013.
Now Zabaleta has told the Gunners to forget about thrashing Pellegrini's men again when the title rivals go head-to-head at the Emirates.
The champions are still licking their wounds following the shock home defeat to Stoke before the international break and Zabaleta wants City to take out their frustration on the Gunners.
He said: "Arsenal are a very good team and it is always a hard game at the Emirates.
"They have improved their squad and brought in some great players to strengthen their title bid, but we are looking to bounce back after the Stoke defeat and we will go there to win.
"It (Community Shield) was the first game of the campaign and the squad were not all back from the summer or were one hundred per cent fit.
"We are much stronger than we were a month ago and we will continue to improve and get back into our stride as each game goes by."
Zabaleta admits City will have to stop new Gunners sensation Alexis Sanchez if they are to leave the Emirates with all three points.
The Chile star has made an impressive start to life in the Premier League following his £36m summer switch from Barcelona.
And Zabaleta added: "Sanchez is a very quick, sharp player who can play wide or as a striker, but I feel he is most dangerous when he is on the flanks.
"He did very well at Barcelona and he is a difficult player to face because you know you are in for a tough afternoon when you face him.
"He is also works very hard for the team, especially when they don't have the ball and he has become a very important player for Chile so he is a great signing for Arsenal."

Blues survivor Boyata holding onto City dream
He has been written off time and again, but Manchester City's Belgian defender Dedryck Boyata still believes in his Blues future.
Dedryck Boyata is a genuine Manchester City survivor.
He was at the club before Sheikh Mansour’s stunning takeover, and seven years later he remains the only Academy graduate still in the first team set-up.
He has been written off time and again but Manuel Pellegrini saw enough in the Belgian to offer him a new two-year deal at the end of last season.
He signed it, despite an uphill battle for a place in the team. Now fellow long-server Micah Richards has headed to sunnier climes with Fiorentina, Boyata is effectively the last man standing.
“I could say it’s an honour to be the player who has come through the Academy,” Boyata told M.E.N. Sport ahead of tomorrow’s lunchtime clash with Arsenal.
“I’ve been here for a long time now. We all know how Micah was an important person at the club. I respect Micah with all my heart – a great person and good player.
“It feels good. Even though I came through the Academy, we all have the same goal to go as far as possible, to be as good as possible.”
Boyata is, somewhat controversially, City’s only club-trained player in the reduced 21-man Champions League squad.
A squad would normally require four club-trained players out of 25 but City’s allocation changed with their overall squad reduction, causing a few feathers to be ruffled among rival clubs.
Regardless of the politics, Boyata is honoured to be included.
“I’m definitely happy to be part of the squad,” he said. “We all know how good the squad is, we always want to show what you can do and I’m happy to be part of the team. I’ve had ups and downs, obviously I’m going to take it as a positive thing.
“There is a lot of competition but I’m confident I will get my chance to play and show what I can do. I wouldn’t be here if I wouldn’t have my chances.”
It is a good job Boyata is tough physically and mentally. In a squad jammed full of world class talent, he has been an easy target for fans searching for a weak link at the club.
“If I had to listen to what everyone thinks, I would have been gone a long time ago,” he added. “My way is different than everyone else because I had to take decisions, and I always wanted to take the right decisions. I could have gone and played somewhere else but you just never know what can happen.
“I think I’ve been showing people what I can do, if I never had the quality I wouldn’t even be here today.”
Boyata was taking part in a City in the Community event yesterday aimed at gang awareness.
It is an issue close to his heart, with a number of his former friends and team-mates from his time growing up in Brussels being dragged onto the wrong path in life.
With the guidance of his parents, he steered clear of trouble to battle his way to City. So it is perhaps no surprise he has stayed the course at the Etihad for so long.
Boyata added: “I’ve seen a lot of bad things when I was growing up. I’ve got a lot of friends in jail, still today. The first thing is what your parents educate you. And you should come to a point when you should know right from wrong and you have to make a choice.
“When I was younger my difference was I grew up with parents who were really close to me. I didn’t have the chance to go and do whatever I wanted.
“My father has always been into football, so whenever I had free time instead of just going out and about my father would take me to train, so that’s the difference.”
One of the players that will block Boyata’s path to the first team is new £32m man Eliaquim Mangala.
Despite the competition, the two have struck up an instant friendship.
“I get on very well with him because we have so many friends in common. He’s half-Belgian half-French, he’s a good player, he’s a tough defender, really tight on the men.
“He’s quick. He’s a really good player, I understand that the fans want to see him but they will.”
Fans might well see him against Arsenal, a game which Boyata knows will be a hard one.
“We all know the game is going to be tough, with their new signings and now obviously all the games coming up it’s going to be tough, we just have a few days to rest in between. But it’s not the first year we do that.”
Dedryck Boyata took part in a ‘City in the Community’ gang awareness project with local youngsters from The East Manchester Academy. For more information, visit mcfc.co.uk/community

Manchester City must face reality that real doubts still surround Joe Hart
One of the more fascinating aspects of this Saturday’s much-anticipated encounter pitting Arsenal against Manchester City will be the contest which sees Danny Welbeck versus his England team-mate Joe Hart.
On the back of his brace during the comfortable 2-0 win over the Swiss, the Gunners’ new signing should be in fine fettle and will no doubt be relishing the prospect of breaking from the leash which restricted his time at Old Trafford of that of an erstwhile substitute.
Standing in his way is a man whom many respected purveyors of the goalkeeping game continue to hold the collective judgement that he is simply not being all that he is made up to be.
There is a school of thought out there that considers Hart as someone who of the consequence of having his reputation damaged in recent seasons thanks to poor judgement. This in turn has led to a loss of confidence from his manager and those who oversee City’s footballing operation.
Indeed, senior player that he is Hart has not been deemed important enough by the club’s hierarchy to have his future firmly tied to the current champions, whilst the likes of Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Edin Dzeko have been awarded long-term deals.
Hart has two more years of his current contract to run but the signs it must be said are ominous.
Manuel Pellegrini has a history of doubting that England’s No.1 possesses all the attributes required to be viewed as one of the world’s most able goalkeepers.
Last season remember he was dropped after dropping a clanger against Chelsea with Romanian back up Costel Pantilimon offered the opportunity to stake a claim as the first choice between the sticks.
And during the summer City splashed out £6million to secure the services of Willy Caballero from Malaga, although the Argentine didn’t do himself any favours when he flopped miserably in the 3-0 Community Shield thumping at the hands of Arsenal.
However, he may have the chance to redeem himself shortly, Hart himself remember could be apportioned a real chunk of the blame for the goal City conceded in their last match – a surprise 1-0 home loss to Stoke City.
Hart, 27, possesses all the hallmarks of someone who thanks to perseverance, good fortune and high technical abilities has it all at his age.
A regular place in goal for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, the undisputed accolade as first pick for England, the obligatory trophy wife as well as being the face of a popular advertising campaign and all the riches that come with being at the top of his profession.
However, when closely scrutinised real faults can be found in his game which simply refuse to go away thus increasing the scepticism and concern seen through the eyes of his manager.
A tendency for rash decisions, failure to command his box at set pieces and an unwanted reputation for being beaten by shots many of his contemporaries seem capable of stopping have installed doubts he really should be judged at the same level of a Manuel Neuer or Thibault Courtious.
So, don’t be surprised if it is Mr Welbeck and not Mr Hart who will enjoy his weekend more.

TWEET HEADLINE BOLLOX
@StanCollymore · 3 hours ago
#MCFC, Proof #NED club football is 3rd rate. 7/10

MORE BOLLOX LATER
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

"Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in his last 22 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City."

When's Pep going to stop ruining this lad?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in his last 22 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City."

23 goals in 41 Champion's League games for City too. One of the best on the planet.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

Really hope he stays fit because he's starting to look really sharp and I could get used to us scoring 4-5 goals a game.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in his last 22 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City."

Is it Pep or is it the press?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Not a mention in the media that Feyenoord beat the rags in the CL a couple of years ago then ? how strange ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby charvet_wonderland » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

City64 wrote:Not a mention in the media that Feyenoord beat the rags in the CL a couple of years ago then ? how strange ?

last year in the findus crispy pancake cup
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Really hope he stays fit because he's starting to look really sharp and I could get used to us scoring 4-5 goals a game.

A fully fit season without suspensions and he can easily get 40-50 goals.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 pm

charvet_wonderland wrote:
City64 wrote:Not a mention in the media that Feyenoord beat the rags in the CL a couple of years ago then ? how strange ?

Thanks , thought they were in the rags group the other year when the rags failed to qualify to the last 16 aswell ? Im prob wrong .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 pm

City64 wrote:

Thanks , thought they were in the rags group the other year when the rags failed to qualify to the last 16 aswell ? Im prob wrong .

Think that was psv.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
City64 wrote:

Think that was psv.

Ah , ta pal . So that's two dutch teams from a 3rd rate league that have turned the rags over recently ? Funny that the media haven't mentioned it ? real strange ?

Oh well !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby HailNerdQueen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks for the bollox!
I was thinking after looking at the WAG (very nice, who is it btw?) that maybe I should post city players in states of undress. Surely there are other women or gay men who would be interested in some abs! Then I did a little looking and realized why it probably hasn't happened yet...

Sometimes it's gold, like Sane or Vinnie
Spoilbox

Spoilbox

and then sometimes, with all the sex appeal of a slightly toasted marshmallow, and I'm sorry and I love you Kev, sometimes it's De Bruyne
Spoilbox

So no, maybe not...
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 am

You can't miss the best one out!!!

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:53 am

Mase wrote:You can't miss the best one out!!!

What? Slim in his Y-fronts?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Can we just do away with equality bollocks.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can we just do away with equality bollocks.

lookmum won't like that
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Piss off Carl! Kolarov.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:Thanks for the bollox!
I was thinking after looking at the WAG (very nice, who is it btw?) that maybe I should post city players in states of undress. Surely there are other women or gay men who would be interested in some abs! Then I did a little looking and realized why it probably hasn't happened yet...

:lol:
well in, Queen!
but remember... You're not really a sexter unless You meet with Craig approval.
Man is very difficult to turn on... even Lord Chinners himself seems to have failed the mission there, of recent.

BOOOO!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Chinners » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:Thanks for the bollox!

:lol:
well in, Queen!
but remember... You're not really a sexter unless You meet with Craig approval.
Man is very difficult to turn on... even Lord Chinners himself seems to have failed the mission there, of recent.

BOOOO!

After my brief wander in the wilderness I've obviously suffered . . . as did the wilderness
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 pm

well, I would not be so harsh with yourself, Chinners.

Only point in the make was that our Craig is very difficult to be served ;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum