Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:30 am

THE BOLLOX

Manchester City's stars have aligned and are showing that their midfield unit is now second only to Real Madrid's
City's midfield core, which already boosted Kevin de Bruyne and David Silva, has been enhanced by the addition of Bernardo Silva

It was not obvious at the end of last season that Manchester City needed another creative midfielder to add to Pep Guardiola’s personal collection. But who could argue now that the addition of Bernardo Silva to David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne has given City another level to their play?
David Silva and De Bruyne were the two halves of City’s brain last season, running the show in the side’s best moments. And now in Bernardo City have a third man to capable of doing this, not just to stand in for the original two but to accompany them.
Only Real Madrid, with Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Isco, and three European Cups in four years, can be said to have a better collection of attacking midfielders than City now do.
At Feyenoord on Wednesday, as at Bournemouth on 26 August, Guardiola found a way to play all three of his together, as Bernardo played on the right of the narrow front three. He led the pressing from the front, with which Guardiola was delighted, and dropped back into midfield as City hogged possession. When David Silva was taken off in the second half, Bernardo played in midfield full-time and looked just as comfortable there as his namesake.
Bernardo shares so much with Silva and De Bruyne: their touch, vision and instinctive understanding of what Guardiola wants, and spoke afterwards about what a natural fit it was with his new team-mates.
“Personally it’s a pleasure to play alongside these players,” Bernardo said afterwards. “I am learning a lot from them, I hope I can learn much more. It’s easy when you are playing with quality players, with intelligent players like them. So it’s much easier and much better to play alongside them. They are some of the best players in the world.”
This has been another great week for De Bruyne, who set up two of City’s goals against Liverpool on Saturday and another, for John Stones, on Wednesday night. He is in the form of his life, running games, showing the mixture of vision and athleticism which prompted City to spend £55m on him in 2015. Guardiola went as far as to call De Bruyne “one of the best players I have ever seen in my life” on Wednesday night, referring to his versatility, his ability to “make absolute everything”.
That intelligence and sight of the pitch is why De Bruyne’s first professional coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck compared him to Guardiola’s hero and mentor Johann Cruyff. “Kevin is the guy who will see the whole pitch,” Vanhaezebrouck told The Independent. “Kevin resembles Cruyff, who is really seeing everything.”
Bernardo Silva was almost as effusive talking about De Bruyne on Wednesday night. “His decisions are always good and he is very intelligent on the pitch,” Silva said. “Intelligent players can play different roles, and that is what he does perfectly. When the coach asks him to play on the right side, the left side, as an offensive midfielder, a more defensive midfielder, to cause attacks, to finish. He is a very intelligent player, and it is a pleasure to have him with us.”
De Bruyne spent much of last season moving around, playing out on the right, and even spent one game at left wing-back. Bernardo Silva is likely to prove just as moveable: he started off as a number 10, played on the right wing at times for Monaco and for Portugal and has even played on the left, too, although he does not enjoy it as much.
Only David Silva does not tend to move from the middle of the pitch, but after seven years at City and so many trophies he has earned that right. The hope is that one day Bernardo will be able to replace David as City’s creative force and technical leader on the pitch.
“I hope I can have the same career and longevity that David has had here,” Bernardo said in an interview with The Independent last week. “Because David has won so many things during his career: the World Cup, the European Championship, the Premier League twice, the FA Cup, League Cup. So if you tell me that I will do as well as he has done I will be happy of course.”

Alexis Sanchez chooses Manchester City in snub to Real Madrid
ALEXIS SANCHEZ has reportedly made his mind up on what club he wants to leave Arsenal for in January or next summer.
It is looking increasingly likely that Sanchez will not sign a new deal at Arsenal and will be allowed to join a new team on a free.
Manchester City were favourites for his signature during the summer and had a £60million bid turned down from the Gunners in the final days of the transfer market.
But recent reports suggest Real Madrid could also make a move for the former Barcelona forward with Florentino Perez a big admirer of his.
The Real Madrid chief is reportedly fed up with Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale while the Spanish giants will also need to eventually find an heir to Cristiano Ronaldo, who turns 33 next year.
Sanchez was said to be among a list of names Perez was considering making a move for with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Robert Lewandowski also mentioned in the Spanish press.
But they look set to miss out on the Chile international, with the Mirror claiming he has decided he wants to join up with Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.
The 46-year-old signed Sanchez at Barcelona in 2011 with Guardiola moving onto Bayern Munich the following year.
Alexis Sanchez has reportedly decided he wants to join Manchester City over Real Madrid
And Sanchez is said to be keen to work with his former coach once again as he has made up his mind about quitting the Emirates.
City will be able to enter pre-contract negotiations with Sanchez in January and it is reported he is more likely to join them at the end of the season on a free.
Sanchez made only his second start of the season last night against Cologne and proved how pivotal he is to Arsenal’s success with a stunning finish to put Arsenal 2-1 up before Hector Bellerin rounded off the win with their third.

Yaya Toure’s agent renews attack on Guardiola
Yaya Toure’s agent, Dmitri Seluk has chided Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola for leaving the midfielder out of Wednesday night’s Champions League victory at Feyenoord. Guardiola is understood to be unhappy with Toure’s performance levels in training and has challenged him to improve. He did not even make the bench against Liverpool last weekend, with Guardiola claiming the player “knows the reason why”. And the Spaniard further claimed there are “sporting reasons” behind Toure’s exile. But Seluk has refuted that, posting on Twitter: “Yaya is in great shape. He will prove it. He is fit to play. It’s up to Guardiola to decide.” Toure signed a one-year contract extension

‘Strangely apathetic’ – Manchester City’s long term transfer plan hits bump in the road
For a while Manchester City have been present at regular games in Portugal, and it hasn’t been different at the start of this season.
On Wednesday, they went for a Champions League match this time, as Porto played Besiktas in the first fixture of the group stage.
The Manchester City officials had the chance to watch quite a surprising result, as the Turkish side managed a 3-1 win, making an important step to qualification for the knock-out stage.
Besitkas’ attacking system worked pretty well, with Anderson Talisca, Cenk Tosun and the former Liverpool player Ryan Babel all scoring for the Turkish side. Oliver Torres and Yacine Brahimi were two Porto players singled out for praise.
The Manchester City scouts weren’t the only English club officials in the stands, as Manchester United, Tottenham, Arsenal and Watford all had emissaries at the game as well.
In the last days of the transfer window, Manchester City were linked to the Porto midfielder Danilo Pereira. The player has been in good form for a while, and is said to be wanted by several European sides.
The report claimed City would only like to sign him in the next summer window, so it would make a lot of sense to scout him now. Manchester City were reported to be planning a ‘diplomatic approach’, similar to how they’ve worked with Porto in the past – the long game.
Danilo is much loved at Porto, and there’s no way the club would let him leave for much less than his release clause, which is €60m. That’s probably why PSG couldn’t get him in the last transfer window, as they were heavily linked as well.
But it turned out that the midfielder had quite a poor performance last night, with local newspaper O Jogo calling him ‘strangely apathetic’, and ‘lost in a zone of the pitch where he normally controls’.
So in case the Manchester City officials were there to watch Danilo especially, it just wasn’t the right night to do so. A bump in the long transfer road.

Bernardo Silva believes he can become a better player by taking notes from Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva at Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola signed Bernardo Silva for £43m from Monaco this summer, but the Portugal midfielder has started just one of City's opening four Premier League games.
The 23-year-old impressed when unleashed in a forward line alongside Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus in Wednesday's 4-0 Champions League win over Feyenoord, though, and Bernardo Silva insists he can only get better learning from the supply line behind him.
"It is a pleasure to play alongside these kind of players," he said. "I am learning a lot from them and I hope I can learn much more.
"To play alongside Kevin, David Silva and all the players we have in this squad - it is very good to be here and I am feeling better and better.
"It is easy when you play with quality players, intelligent players like them. It is much easier and much better to play alongside great players, some of the best in the world, than lesser quality players."
Defender John Stones grabbed the headlines with two goals at De Kuip while Aguero and Jesus also got on the scoresheet.
De Bruyne also excelled, delivering another passing masterclass in the deeper midfield role which has suited him so well this term.
Silva said: "His decisions are always good and he is very intelligent on the pitch.
"Intelligent players can play different roles and that is what he does perfectly. When the coach asks him to play on the right side, left side, as defensive midfielder, to construct, to finish, he does everything. It is a pleasure to have him with us."
Two of City's star players last season, Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling, have largely had to make do with substitute roles so far this campaign.
It makes for an embarrassment of riches Silva believes can only bode well.
He said: "We have a lot of quality players, everybody knows it, but also we are playing Champions League, a Premier League that is very competitive and the cups will start soon.
"We have a lot of games. It is good to have a lot of quality players that can play. Some can play one game, some can play another. Everybody responds well and that is great.
"We have never won the Champions League and most of the players in this squad have never won the Premier League, so we want to win big things and together we hope we can get them."

“It seemed like they played with 13 men”
Feyenoord star’s reaction to Manchester City
While many expected Manchester City to beat Feyenoord on Wednesday night, few expected a 4-0 thumping of the Eredivisie champions.
Pep Guardiola’s side controlled the away tie from start to finish, and Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s men never once looked to threaten the Premier League contenders.
So much so, in fact, that Karim El Ahmadi, who before the game said they weren’t scared of the Cityzens, admitted it felt like they had extra men on the pitch.
He told De Telegraaf: “We let the goals in too easily, and it seemed like Manchester City were playing with 13 men. I think, in the first half, we were quite a bit in awe of them. We were outgunned. These are world-class players, and we can only learn from that.”
In a performance to remember for the centre-back, John Stones picked up both the first and fourth goals of the game, with Sergio Agüero and Gabriel Jesus finding the back of the net for the second and third respectively.
The 4-0 rout was Feyenoord’s worst European defeat at De Kuip in the club’s history.
Manchester City’s next Champions League game will be against Shakhtar Donetsk on September 26th at the Etihad before receiving Napoli on October 17th.

Benjamin Mendy's brilliant tweet to EA Sports about his FIFA 18 rating goes viral
Manchester City summer signing Benjamin Mendy has quickly earned himself a reputation as one of the funniest sportsmen on Twitter.
The £52m signing from Monaco has also performed excellently on the pitch since returning from injury, bagging an assist in the 5-0 win over Liverpool last week.
“In training we work this with Sane and other players,” said Mendy, as per the Manchester Evening News, who was making his home debut for the Blues.
Article continues below
“Leroy works on the left with me so I know him well. When he gave me the ball I knew what he would do, in my heart.
“He gave me the ball, I crossed it and … goal!”The 23-year-old French left-back is expected to be in starting XI when Pep Guardiola's side visit Watford on Saturday.
https://twitter.com/benmendy23/status/9 ... 88/photo/1
FIFA 18 player ratings have been gradually released over the last week and Mendy was dismayed to learn of his new rating.
The latest version of the popular series is due to be released in the UK later in September.
Manchester City's full-back took shots at EA Sports on Twitter on Thursday evening after learning of his improved rating.
Mendy was a 75 on FIFA 17 but was hoping for a much bigger upgrade following his amazing season at Ligue 1 winners Monaco.
Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi also complained to EA Sports on Twitter about his FIFA rating and supported his former Marseille teammate on Twitter.
The Belgian forward tweeted in French "you tell them brother" and called for a team upgrade.
Mendy wasn't interested in Chelsea
Monaco were reluctant to sell one of their prized assets but vice-president Vadim Vasilyev revealed why he let Mendy go.
"For a while, we held off," Vasilyev told L'Equipe. "And then, we thought – in spite of the offers that we had had for him and him indicating that he wanted to leave – could he have another season like the last one?
"At first, I said, 'no, you're staying.' He replied: 'But Vadim, I really want to go to City and link up with Guardiola.'
"On numerous occasions he said to me: 'If it was Chelsea, I'd stay; but if it's a chance to work with Guardiola, I want to go.'
"He'd spoken so frankly with me. So, when City met the asking price and when he became the most expensive defender in the world, there were no more arguments to have with him. We weighed up the for and against and said to him: 'OK, you can go.'"

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Real Madrid are set to revive their interest in Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, 26, and Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard, 26, next summer. (Don Balon, via Goal)

Sanchez is on a short-list of forwards Real are interested in, which also includes Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski, 29, Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 28, and Torino's Andrea Belotti, 23. ( Sun) 

Liverpool will look to sign Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij, 25, in January. ( Talkshit)

Leicester City boss Craig Shakespeare hopes to soon have some news on the future of midfielder Adrien Silva, 28, whose registration following a move from Sporting Lisbon has been refused by Fifa. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool target Timo Werner, 21, has told RB Leipzig he wants to "play for a big club at some point". The forward is also wanted by Real Madrid. (Bild, via Yahoo)

Neymar's world-record £200m move from Barcelona to Paris-St-Germain is worth nearly £8m to the 25-year-old forward's former club Santos, their president says. (Esporte, via ESPN)

Tottenham forward Vincent Janssen, on loan at Fenerbahce, did not reject a move to West Brom, as the Baggies did not bid for the 23-year-old. (Birmingham Mail)

Real Madrid are set to sign 17-year-old Ricardo Rodrigues from Gremio Novorizontino on a six-year deal. (AS, via Daily Star)

Manchester United have agreed to sign 15-year-old midfielder Charlie McCann from Coventry City. (Daily Mail)

Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp insists he not under pressure, despite a poor start to the Championship season. (Talksport)

PSG have committed 15-year-old former Barcelona playmaker Kays Ruiz to a youth contract until 2020. (ESPN)

Sheffield Wednesday have ruled out the possibility of signing free agents to boost their injury-hit squad. (Sheffield Star)

Fernando Llorente says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino convinced the 32-year-old forward to join Spurs instead of rivals Chelsea. (Daily Express)

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard appears to be overcoming injury nicely as he shared a video of skills from training with fans on social media. (Instagram)

Jesse Lingard says Manchester United forward Romelu Lukaku can become as big an icon as former team-mate Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford. (Daily Express)
Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki says the idea keepers should not be beaten at their near post "is a myth", having conceded three goals against Tottenham. (London Evening Standard)

GOLDEN BOLLOX
Chelsea and Manchester City tracking £24m hot shot Oliveira
Chelsea and Manchester City are leading the chase for one of Europe's top prospects after making repeated checks on Benfica striker Nelson Oliveira.
The 20-year-old has been on Chelsea's radar since impressing as a substitute for Oscar Cardozo at Stamford Bridge in the Champions' League last April, while City have begun monitoring his form after a clear signal Benfica may have to cash in on him at the end of the season.
Barcelona are also keen admirers, while Real Madrid are aware of a likely scramble to sign him next summer, with Jose Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes representing him.
At 6ft 1in, Oliveira has been likened in Portugal to a taller version of City striker Sergio Aguero, for his mobility and link-up play as well as clinical finishing.
A surprise selection for this summer’s European Championships, after being voted second-best player at the under-20 World Cup 12 months earlier, he made four substitute appearances and followed up with his first senior international goal, in a 2-0 win over Panama.
Oliveira is currently on a season-long loan at Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna. His Benfica deal runs until 2017 and contains a £24million buy-out clause. Cunts

Man City ready to raid Barcelona for Spanish starlets
Ferran Soriano, the new Manchester City chief executive, is planning a triple raid on former club Barcelona, according to sources in Spain. Soriano, who spent five years at the Nou Camp between 2003 and 2008, ended City's 11-month search for a chief executive when he arrived at the club in August.
Despite his knowledge of Barcelona and close relationship with certain players, Sorriano is aware that it will be tough trying to sign some of the Spanish side's top stars, including Lionel Messi, and he has instead set his sights on luring some of the club's brightest young prospects to the Etihad Stadium.
City are believed to have targeted Cristian Tello, who was linked with Liverpool earlier this summer, midfielder Sergi Roberto and winger Gerard Deulofeu.

OTHER BOLLOX
Emile Heskey - free since he left Aston Villa at the end of last season - is wanted by Conference side Macclesfield who believe the former Liverpool and England striker, 34, can fire them back into the Football League.

Emile Heskey won 62 England caps, his last in June 2010, and scored seven goals for his country Daily Mirror

Fulham are lining up a move for Standard Liege goalkeeper Sinan Bolat, 24, to replace Mark Schwarzer. talkShit

Midfielder David Meyler, 23, will stay at Sunderland after manager Martin O'Neill decided against sending him on loan to Hull. Sunderland Echo

QPR will refuse to order defender Anton Ferdinand to shake hands with all of the Chelsea players, despite the Premier League ruling that the pre-match ritual goes ahead. Ferdinand, 27, has pledged not to follow the protocol with John Terry, 31, or Ashley Cole, 31, in their first meeting since Chelsea captain Terry was cleared in court of racially abusing him. Daily Mirror

Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, 65, says he still has plenty to offer and is as passionate about the game now as he was 20 years ago. "It's like Fergie," he says. "Get me and him together and we'll be talking about the good job Micky Mellon's doing at Fleetwood Town." Times

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, 28, says he wants to make himself "impossible to ignore" this season and prove he can still be part of Roy Hodgson's new England era.

Victor Moses scored eight goals in 74 Premier League appearances for Wigan Daily Telegraph

Chelsea's Nigerian [/spoiler]winger Victor Moses was 11 when his parents were killed in religious riots, but says "Wherever they are at the moment, they should be proud of me, looking down being proud." Guardian

Former Everton manager Howard Kendall has warned Marouane Fellaini, 24, to watch his words in future after the midfielder, 24, declared he could leave in Goodison Park in January. Liverpool Echo

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill, speaking ahead of Liverpool's visit to the Stadium of Light, says he is surprised that Brendan Rodgers, 39, consented to the new fly-on-the-wall documentary about life at Anfield which will be broadcast on Channel 5 this month. Guardian

Swansea City's Premier League success is seeing more tourists flock to South Wales from the Far East. South Wales Evening Post
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:16 am

Jut to show that bollox never changes, Nelson Oliviera is now staring for ..... Norwich.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 am

Very tame from Seluk, more of tickle than an attack.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Thursdays bollox was much more interesting

Just sayin !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC