Lawro & DC predictions v Watford (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Watford (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:54 am

Lawro is getting a bit giddy this week and Merson is right there with him, their periods much be in Synch!

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's fixtures is former world champion triathlete Non Stanford.
Stanford supports her hometown team Swansea City -after a brief flirtation with Arsenal because of Thierry Henry - and is backing them to beat Tottenham on Saturday, or at least she hopes they do. REally, stupid bint..

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41243874

Watford's excellent start to the season continued last week with their win at Southampton.

The Hornets will feel that, if they can get at Manchester City, they can cause them problems too, because City's defence is still not the same when Vincent Kompany is not fit. We saw that last weekend when Liverpool had 11 men.

I still think City will be confident that their attack is good enough to get them the three points here again, though. Again, we saw how good they are against Liverpool.

Whoever Pep Guardiola picks, it does not look like scoring goals is going to be an issue for them this season and I don't see it being a problem on Saturday.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Non's prediction: 0-3

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -v-everton

I can't see anything other than a Manchester City win. They blew Feyenoord away in midweek. Watford have had some good results but they are not free-scoring and I don't know how they are going to live with City's pace and movement for 90 minutes.

City didn't come out of first gear on Wednesday. It was a training session. It's only an hour flight home and I don't see a problem for them playing on Wednesday and then Saturday. There can't be any excuses.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3 (8/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Watford (A)

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:20 am

The last few times I've seen Merson he's made me laugh, I quite like him at the moment, he is bonkers! He also seems to say more nice things about us .... I think he could be becoming a fan of City!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 am

Chinners wrote:The last few times I've seen Merson he's made me laugh, I quite like him at the moment, he is bonkers! He also seems to say more nice things about us .... I think he could be becoming a fan of City!

Thing is he probably does not remember what he said an hour ago, he always contradicts himself week after week
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Chinners wrote:The last few times I've seen Merson he's made me laugh, I quite like him at the moment, he is bonkers! He also seems to say more nice things about us .... I think he could be becoming a fan of City!

Thing is he probably does not remember what he said an hour ago, he always contradicts himself week after week

Ha ha more like in the same sentence .... bless him
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 am

I hope they are right but you have to factor in the referee :(
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 pm

So according to Lawro, when the dippers had 11 men on the field they caused us all manner of problems. Surely a side that has the bestest attack in the PL would score at least once? They got what they deserved...fuck all
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:So according to Lawro, when the dippers had 11 men on the field they caused us all manner of problems. Surely a side that has the bestest attack in the PL would score at least once? They got what they deserved...fuck all

All those shots peppering our goal and those wonderful saves our keeper had to make. Snigger.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:So according to Lawro, when the dippers had 11 men on the field they caused us all manner of problems. Surely a side that has the bestest attack in the PL would score at least once? They got what they deserved...fuck all

All those shots peppering our goal and those wonderful saves our keeper had to make. Snigger.

There seems to be a new rule that we can't allow the opposition into our half. Bizarre.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dimples » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

There seems to be a new rule that we can't allow the opposition into our half. Bizarre.

I think that is fair comment from Lauro.
Otter was exposed and isolated, they could easily have scored a couple before we did.
The other top teams will if we do not get it sorted.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 am

Dimples wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I think that is fair comment from Lauro.
Otter was exposed and isolated, they could easily have scored a couple before we did.
The other top teams will if we do not get it sorted.

It is a fair comment. But it's not the first time our defence was targeted in that way and it won't be the last either. It won't be sorted long term maybe unless when we play 4 at the back.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:28 am

They had one shot, which would probably still be trickling towards our net now had Ederson not picked it up at some considerable leisure.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum