***watford v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***watford v city official match thread***

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Loved that yesterday. There is definitely a different feel to us this season over last season's good start. Real drive and purpose to us and a real feeling of togetherness. At the risk of sounding fluffy, but it seems to extend from the team to the fans, and back.
Great day.

I've found myslf rarely in agreement with You, Piccs.
But I really think this is a finest sample of what a solid possession of the English language can bring to the art of summary.
A very sound solid post.
take a bow

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am

Swales4ever wrote:SOOO glad I had a first chance to look at Gods Own in real 3D @ the Hornets!
Boosted with a few ales and loud chants outside the Oddfellows, with my sky blue kit I felt much more comfortable than the lads wearing this season away kit... 8-)
pity was on a corporate ticket and could not join our always great travelling Blue Army.....All in all, a ]pretty profitable trip ended up in glorious joy and, in order to bring some relief to Big, I am glad to say that it's always lovely to be back in UK! :P
HAPPY DAYS: the defensive clueless side banged 15 overweek, conceded nihil! not bad for a team whose only hope is Kompany staying fit, isn't?
credit to Josep: even happier days to come, imho.
Swales4ever wrote:...
BUT, what I really find utterly reprehensible JC , eventually, is that You could not be arsed to notify me Your presence at Vicarage Road, despite all my beggings.
You spoiled me of a very coveted drink, Sir! tsk tsk... :cry:

Watch on youtube.com

A tour de force friend. If I'd known you were in corporate hospitality, I would have shed my trainers, donned my cam green dickie bow and your cup of joy would have brimmed over. :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:SOOO glad I had a first chance to look at Gods Own in real 3D @ the Hornets!
Boosted with a few ales and loud chants outside the Oddfellows, with my sky blue kit I felt much more comfortable than the lads wearing this season away kit... 8-)
pity was on a corporate ticket and could not join our always great travelling Blue Army.....All in all, a ]pretty profitable trip ended up in glorious joy and, in order to bring some relief to Big, I am glad to say that it's always lovely to be back in UK! :P
HAPPY DAYS: the defensive clueless side banged 15 overweek, conceded nihil! not bad for a team whose only hope is Kompany staying fit, isn't?
credit to Josep: even happier days to come, imho.
Swales4ever wrote:...
BUT, what I really find utterly reprehensible JC , eventually, is that You could not be arsed to notify me Your presence at Vicarage Road, despite all my beggings.
You spoiled me of a very coveted drink, Sir! tsk tsk... :cry:

Watch on youtube.com

A tour de force friend. If I'd known you were in corporate hospitality, I would have shed my trainers, donned my cam green dickie bow and your cup of joy would have brimmed over. :D

You could also have stamped on Reg Dwight's stubby little fingers and told him to learn to play the piano properly JC. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Cheers, JC!

corporate tickets sure are anti-footie experience, but on very short notice very little you can do, other than begging business connections. 10 days ahead the game I didnt know I could have been in London.

the "utterly reprehensible" thing was very much tongue in cheek. sure You are well equipped to get it, even all the way throughout my sloopy language flaws.

almost on same tour de force, on 2 days full schedule, dinners included and a flight to catch at 18.25 after the game.
glad you was part of it, in better position than me.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:You could also have stamped on Reg Dwight's stubby little fingers and told him to learn to play the piano properly JC. ;)

yet another fine shout, Chessmaster. ;)
tbh, never a great fan of those fingers, Tommy aside, where he wasnt big on stage.
You know best, when You get breed at Keith and Rick the long suffering Blue, it's hard to get moved by pop.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum