Who will fight it out for the title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who will fight it out for the title

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:59 pm

I think we are well equipped to storm it but we need a lot of luck with injuries with the fullbacks
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I think we are well equipped to storm it but we need a lot of luck with injuries with the fullbacks

Our defense is indeed threadbare.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm

So many things can affect a season. So it's very hard to predict but I think it's us and Chelsea. I put the rags 3rd despite all the hype i don't see them as being just good enough, even with all the help they will get.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:39 pm

So far it looks like it is between us, the Rags and Chelsea.

The Rags are a worry.
Team is taking shape in Mo's image - it is not pretty but it is effective. Physically huge, intimidate, pace, etc...
This season they are set up to not drop silly points to anybody outside the top six.
For the top six matches they will park the bus and hit on the break with pace. So they should harvest points with this approach.
Their weakness surprisingly will be their defense - on paper it is just not good enough and neither is their midfield

Ditto for us.
Team is taking shape in Pep's image. A work of art. Beautiful, creative, skillful, movement at pace. Mesmerising.
For the top six matches we will attack, attack, attack. Win some, lose some. We should harvest points also.
Our weakness is Otter if we persist with a back 3 formation. Also lack of cover in key areas in defense.

Chelsea have Haz back. But they will miss Costa - big time. So I think third for them.

For me then, it is the artist Vs. the pragmatist.
We should have the answer by week 16 after the Rags have played all of the top 6.
We will also know by then if the Rags will have 15 playing for them each game - if they do it will be hard for us to win the PL.
(Walker already knows that playing for us is different than Spurs, compare his treatment with Matic's yesterday!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:52 pm

The rags are fuckin awful Everton could and should have been 3 up by the time the granny shagger was subbed De Gea kept the rags in front imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby phips » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 am

United, City, Spurs, and Liverpool
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

I was looking at MOTD and it is hard to explain how the rags are getting their points.

Similar to the 2012/13 season, they are playing absolutely nothing from start to finish. They have a small smart play and score because of Lukaku, else than that they are shit.
My problem is actually their opponents. The only club that actually played against them were Stoke and scored two, almost winning it. Everton, Soton or WHU showed too much respect to them and they looked actually scared and I reckon this thing will continue this season. They will win a lot of points because teams ”respect” them too much.

Actually, I hope Zlatan gets well soon, because he is a moaning cunt and will want to play, while the other disgusting character, Lukaku, will not accept to leave his spot, after he took Ibrahimovich's number at the start of the season. Have to admit that bringing the belgian in was a fantastic piece of business, but I believe his arrogance will create problems.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 am

PeterParker wrote:I was looking at MOTD and it is hard to explain how the rags are getting their points.

Similar to the 2012/13 season, they are playing absolutely nothing from start to finish. They have a small smart play and score because of Lukaku, else than that they are shit.
My problem is actually their opponents. The only club that actually played against them were Stoke and scored two, almost winning it. Everton, Soton or WHU showed too much respect to them and they looked actually scared and I reckon this thing will continue this season. They will win a lot of points because teams ”respect” them too much.

Actually, I hope Zlatan gets well soon, because he is a moaning cunt and will want to play, while the other disgusting character, Lukaku, will not accept to leave his spot, after he took Ibrahimovich's number at the start of the season. Have to admit that bringing the belgian in was a fantastic piece of business, but I believe his arrogance will create problems.

Not so sure that Zlatancunt wont come good for the rags but, I endorse the rest, word by word.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, nearly half way through the campaign and 11 points clear.

Who can stop us? I'd suggest it's probably injuries. I haven't seen enough in any of the other teams to suggest any of them can mount a sustained title push. Once again the dippers threw away points and Chelsea losing to West Ham was already a fourth defeat.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:Well, nearly half way through the campaign and 11 points clear.

Who can stop us? I'd suggest it's probably injuries. I haven't seen enough in any of the other teams to suggest any of them can mount a sustained title push. Once again the dippers threw away points and Chelsea losing to West Ham was already a fourth defeat.

I think any of the top six teams can beat us on their day, but I can't see any of them out together a winning run enough to challenge us. I was slightly worried about the rags prior to today, but they basically handed us the initiative by not even giving it a go.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I think any of the top six teams can beat us on their day, but I can't see any of them out together a winning run enough to challenge us. I was slightly worried about the rags prior to today, but they basically handed us the initiative by not even giving it a go.

They didn’t give it a go because they are simply not good enough. How they are 2nd in the league is beyond me
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:

You say that, but every time we've faced them we have taken them to the cleaners
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

You say that, but every time we've faced them we have taken them to the cleaners

I don't think we'll go through the league undefeated. And when/if that defeat comes, it is more likely to be against a top 6 side.

Edit: You probably meant my comment regarding the scum? That's just the eternal pessimist in me speaking. I still haven't got over their impossible over performance in Whiskey nose's final seasons.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:City and rags with Chelsea as outsiders. But will have a better view at Xmas.

Well, not far off but rags rank outsiders too now. No relaxing boys, let's extend the lead to 15 points by end January.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:City and rags with Chelsea as outsiders. But will have a better view at Xmas.

Well, not far off but rags rank outsiders too now. No relaxing boys, let's extend the lead to 15 points by end January.

The end of January ? What about next week.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't think we'll go through the league undefeated. And when/if that defeat comes, it is more likely to be against a top 6 side.

How did you become a City fan with a defeatist attitude like that, Noolie?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 pm

We beat Swansea on Wednesday we set a new Premier League record of 15 consecutive Victories. :shock: :shock: :shock:

At the moment we have 14 level with Arsenal.

That would really be some major achievement that wont be surpassed for a while. :D :D

Who knows where it might end.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum