All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 am

Could we see 11 changes from Saturday for the Pulis Bus Parkers ?

The ultimate rotation -he wouldn't would he?

--------- -----------Bravo-------------------
Danilo----Kompany----Mangala----Zinchenko
------------ --------Yaya---------------------------
Bernardo----Delph----Gundogan----Sane
---------- -----------Diaz------------------------
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am

I don't think he would play Zinchenko at left back, mate. Delph perhaps.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I don't think he would play Zinchenko at left back, mate. Delph perhaps.

Possibly 3 at the back with Zin as a wingback or Foden into midfield and Tosin at CB if Kompany isn't ready. He's got a few options and it could still be a good night for the youngsters.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 am

I reckon Yaya is still frozen out.

fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am

I know it is against the 10th-placed PL side but he's got to play a few of the youngsters now or never in the EFL Cup this year as the next round will be away to an even better side.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am

Justified logic wrote:I know it is against the 10th-placed PL side but he's got to play a few of the youngsters now or never in the EFL Cup this year as the next round will be away to an even better side.

I hope we get to see at least one of Tosin, Diaz and Foden starting.

I do however think playing too many at once in a team that is made up of fringe squad players can be counter-productive. I'd rather see a kid play in a settled side that has familiarity as I think they're looked after better in that type of set up and the pressure to perform isn't as great.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 am

Bravo
Danilo Otter Tosser Mangala
Delph Yaya
Bernard Foden Sane
Sterling
He could play the same 11 but with the back three centre backs and Danilo and Sane as wing backs.
WBA fielded a strong side in the last round
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 am

I think Jesus starts this one, only because he was hooked after an hour on Saturday, I thought at the time that substitution was made with this game on mind.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I know it is against the 10th-placed PL side but he's got to play a few of the youngsters now or never in the EFL Cup this year as the next round will be away to an even better side.

I hope we get to see at least one of Tosin, Diaz and Foden starting.

I do however think playing too many at once in a team that is made up of fringe squad players can be counter-productive. I'd rather see a kid play in a settled side that has familiarity as I think they're looked after better in that type of set up and the pressure to perform isn't as great.

Yes, maybe not necessarily starting but coming on from on the bench. For the EFL Cup I also would like to see at least one starting (including Zinchenko) with options for top players and youth from the bench depending on how seriously West Brom take the game and how the game goes. But for PL games I'd like to see a youth on the bench every game against 'lower opposition', except when they're tied up with an u23 game of course, so that they can come on for the experience if we are well ahead, like on Saturday. But perhaps that is something best left until and if we are in a strong position in the league.
Justified logic

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I think Jesus starts this one, only because he was hooked after an hour on Saturday, I thought at the time that substitution was made with this game on mind.

Jesus and Foden playing together. Sweet! A look to the future.
Justified logic

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 am

I am going to this one and I have a piss poor record following city away. Apart from Wembley. Last time I saw us win away was at West Bromwich so hope it's an omen
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

I hope Pep really wants to win this one and doesnt field a totally 2nd string side. One of the strikers should play plus one of Kevin/Merlin I expect. Sane and Sterling surely will start. I expect something like:

Bravo
Danilo, Walker, Mangala, Kompany
Sterling ,Sane, Gundo, Kevin
Jesus, Diaz

Not really sure about Diaz starting but I think Pep needs to show real belief in him with the news that Madrid are circling ever closer. Foden,Delph,Tosin, Duhaney, Muric, Kun on the bench
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I hope Pep really wants to win this one and doesnt field a totally 2nd string side. One of the strikers should play plus one of Kevin/Merlin I expect. Sane and Sterling surely will start. I expect something like:

Bravo
Jesus, Diaz

Not really sure about Diaz starting but I think Pep needs to show real belief in him with the news that Madrid are circling ever closer. Foden,Delph,Tosin, Duhaney, Muric, Kun on the bench

Any left backs showing promise with the EDS or younger Doug? I'm aware of Angelino and Smith-Brown but my cynical head believes both have them have missed the boat.

I'm concerned somewhat that we've left ourselves short at left back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:52 am

I disagree Doug we shouldn't be risking any of our first 11 against these louts in such an insignificant competition - league and CL should be our priority
We haven't got as much depth as previous seasons in the squad but we do have a lot of quality players - a "second string" side should still be capable of beating West Brom when you consider the likes of Yaya could be playing
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 am

I want to win this and with that in mind getting one of the hardest fixtures in the comp(WBA were only team in last round to play full strength) i wouldnt play any of the youngsters and just make minimal changes, Mangala Sane Danilo B.Silva start and the rest are the team that won last three games.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I hope Pep really wants to win this one and doesnt field a totally 2nd string side. One of the strikers should play plus one of Kevin/Merlin I expect. Sane and Sterling surely will start. I expect something like:

Bravo
Jesus, Diaz

Any left backs showing promise with the EDS or younger Doug? I'm aware of Angelino and Smith-Brown but my cynical head believes both have them have missed the boat.

I'm concerned somewhat that we've left ourselves short at left back.[/quote

Totally forgot about Bernado and even Zinchenko. The potential left backs we have coming though are all under 18's. Duhaney is the one "older" full back but right side and I would not say he is ready for a WBA encounter against the animal MClean.

Might well stick with a back 3 and play Tosin as long as Vinnie is there. Yaya should of course play but I am assuming the differences haven't been sorted out yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am

you can have a couple of young uns, but we need a couple of stong players bring bern in sterling in yaya komps in and have gab as well and bring in gud as well
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am

The Cowabunga Cup should be on our list, along side the FA Cup.

But imho, we will take this serious if we reach the later stages. Sadly, we play WBA away from home, not Burton.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am

Dubciteh wrote:I want to win this and with that in mind getting one of the hardest fixtures in the comp(WBA were only team in last round to play full strength) i wouldnt play any of the youngsters and just make minimal changes, Mangala Sane Danilo B.Silva start and the rest are the team that won last three games.

They play against Arsenal away on the weekend - a team that I think anyone could be confident to pick up points from at the moment, and their first game in the LC was away to Accrington Stanley, so there's an argument that they might have used the first game as a fitness exercise, like ours with Girona. I think it's too hard to predict what kind of line-up they'll field.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I want to win this and with that in mind getting one of the hardest fixtures in the comp(WBA were only team in last round to play full strength) i wouldnt play any of the youngsters and just make minimal changes, Mangala Sane Danilo B.Silva start and the rest are the team that won last three games.

They play against Arsenal away on the weekend - a team that I think anyone could be confident to pick up points from at the moment, and their first game in the LC was away to Accrington Stanley, so there's an argument that they might have used the first game as a fitness exercise, like ours with Girona. I think it's too hard to predict what kind of line-up they'll field.

No idea what the current feeling is on Diaz - but I have always been of the opinion that in this cup, the youth should be the bulk of the squad, with this player being in the starting 11. The other cups is a different matter but I do not think we would be slagged off by all and sundry if we went this route.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum