All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:26 am

Justified logic wrote:
Chinners wrote:City home to Wolves!!

Wolves 2nd in Championship of course.

At least it's not Leeds(!)

So the 13th highest-ranked team (out of 16) left in the competition. Fix!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:30 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

of course it is mate
everything is
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

I thought we played excellent. First 60 mins we could have been 4 or 5 up. They really didnt have any chances til after 60 mins when given half the team barely play is to be expected. Gundo and delph barely played in over a year, Yaya last match in May. Silva and Mangala barely played this season all thrown together we were always going to get very rusty round 60 mins. Im shocked pep didnt make more subs to be honest.

That was WBA's first choice 11 and all said and done it was a fine performance and a good result. Only negative was gundo injury from the thug.

Sane was outstanding i thought, such a threat and shouldve had a hat trick, i love watching him.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:07 am

Dubciteh wrote:I thought we played excellent. First 60 mins we could have been 4 or 5 up. They really didnt have any chances til after 60 mins when given half the team barely play is to be expected. Gundo and delph barely played in over a year, Yaya last match in May. Silva and Mangala barely played this season all thrown together we were always going to get very rusty round 60 mins. Im shocked pep didnt make more subs to be honest.

That was WBA's first choice 11 and all said and done it was a fine performance and a good result. Only negative was gundo injury from the thug.

Sane was outstanding i thought, such a threat and shouldve had a hat trick, i love watching him.

Probably didn't want to expose the kids (all the unused subs) to those WBA thugs. Also, the u23s play on Friday after playing last Saturday and Foden and Diaz will be needed there because City are at the bottom of the table with only 3 draws from 5 games. Tosin and Zinchenko haven't turned out for the u23s yet.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Harsh on Bravo 2 yards out volley.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Harsh on Bravo 2 yards out volley.

But how does he always get into these situations where a ball drops into the 6-yard area and he can't do anything about it?

In this case, Jesus just let Yacob run, Stones let Evans run past him as well and Danilo retreated to the goalline instead of attacking the ball, but can't Bravo take a step out to collect the ball or at least clobber Yacob into oblivion trying?

https://streamable.com/feocg
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

But how does he always get into these situations where a ball drops into the 6-yard area and he can't do anything about it?

In this case, Jesus just let Yacob run, Stones let Evans run past him as well and Danilo retreated to the goalline instead of attacking the ball, but can't Bravo take a step out to collect the ball or at least clobber Yacob into oblivion trying?

There was no way he could have gone for that ball in my opinion. If he'd gone for it and the WBA player on the near post had got a touch on it, Bravo would have looked like a complete fool. It was simply a very good delivery paired with pathetic defending from Jesus and Sterling.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04 pm

freshie wrote:In which knee did he tear his ACL?
Tonight's injury seemed to be the left knee

The last injury was his right knee. It is his left knee this time.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Watch on youtube.com
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

The pass from Mangler, No 51, was excellent. In fact he didn't do too bad last night.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Forgot to mention and wanted give a shout out to Delph. Not played for an age but gave a good performance yesterday and was still sprinting up and down at the end. Hope he stays fit as last night proved he is a very useful player to have in the squad.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I thought we played excellent. First 60 mins we could have been 4 or 5 up. They really didnt have any chances til after 60 mins when given half the team barely play is to be expected. Gundo and delph barely played in over a year, Yaya last match in May. Silva and Mangala barely played this season all thrown together we were always going to get very rusty round 60 mins. Im shocked pep didnt make more subs to be honest.

Probably didn't want to expose the kids (all the unused subs) to those WBA thugs. Also, the u23s play on Friday after playing last Saturday and Foden and Diaz will be needed there because City are at the bottom of the table with only 3 draws from 5 games. Tosin and Zinchenko haven't turned out for the u23s yet.

after an initial disappointment, I grow big on the same feelig as the game went by. good call, imo

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

There was no way he could have gone for that ball in my opinion. If he'd gone for it and the WBA player on the near post had got a touch on it, Bravo would have looked like a complete fool. It was simply a very good delivery paired with pathetic defending from Jesus and Sterling.

Maybe you are right as far as the near post contact point goes, but I am pretty sure that Hart or Ederson would close down Yavob/Evans on the ground and make themselves bigger. The ball might slip past them still, but there would be a higher chance for it to ricochet off them.

I probably wouldn't blame Bravo if this was a one-off, but I've seen it too many times now.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:29 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

Maybe you are right as far as the near post contact point goes, but I am pretty sure that Hart or Ederson would close down Yavob/Evans on the ground and make themselves bigger. The ball might slip past them still, but there would be a higher chance for it to ricochet off them.

I probably wouldn't blame Bravo if this was a one-off, but I've seen it too many times now.

That's certainly hard to argue with ;-)

I also agree that he should have taken a step or two off his line to make it more difficult for Yakob. He didn't have much time to react, but sometimes he just seems rooted to the line.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Quite possibly one of the best goals this season will see. If Barca had done that from the kick off it would be played on a constant loop on SSN. Can't ever remember a goal with that many passes for so long being scored straight from a kick off before. In fact I'd wager it has never been done before.

Quite simply breathtaking stuff
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

of course it is mate
everything is

No word from you on the last 12 draws, but you pipe up now?
:lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

after an initial disappointment, I grow big on the same feelig as the game went by. good call, imo

I asked the question on the thread last night. Was just following the game by text and I got the distinct feeling from the mood on the board that this wasn't really a game to put kids into the firing line as we were being kicked around as it was.
It's a pity and a consequence of constantly getting tricky away games against tough Premiership teams.
We get criticised for not blooding any kids, but the games where we can comfortably do this are few and far between.

By right, last night we should have been 3-4 goal to the good by halftime. Things may have been different then.
I would like to see the likes of Foden get a 10-15 minute run out in the likes of a 5-0 or 6-0 in the league, but at the moment we still have a few seniors that need to get game time and up top speed. It only takes a few injuries though and maybe we will see them.

Who knows. If we could kill off the Wolves game early, I think we really do need to give them a chance soon.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

+ 1 WBA doing what they do 2 could have scored it, great ball to a twat that should have been already in the bath, eez football.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

of course it is mate
everything is

No word from you on the last 12 draws, but you pipe up now?
:lol: :lol:

No, I pointed out after (I think) the 10th that there was nothing untoward about us getting a run of 9 away draws in a row at some point in our history (there was something like a 54% chance of this occurring, assuming we'd played 3.5 cup fixtures per season since 1894), and it was only when we got to the 10th that the probability fell to slightly below 50%.

Edit: Just checked, and it was after the 9th game (FA Cup QF last season, this was our 10th, not 12th, not including the SF, because the draw for 'home/away' for the semis and final was done at the same time, and, in the event we won, we'd have been 'home' for the final), when the probability fell to 38.5%

On the subject of being drawn away, I agree that it's unlucky. The chances of flipping a coin and it landing tail side up 9 times in a row is 1 in 512. However, that's not what's happened here. At a guesstimate City have played around 500 non-two-legged cup games throughout our history (not including Manchester Senior Cup, Full Members' Cup, etc). The chances of us having a run of 9 away games at some point in our 500 matches is around 38.5%. That 'some point' just happens to be now.

In fact, assuming we've played 500 home-or-away matches, it's more likely for us to have been drawn away 8 or more times in a row twice in our history than never.
Last edited by BlueinBosnia on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I asked the question on the thread last night. Was just following the game by text and I got the distinct feeling from the mood on the board that this wasn't really a game to put kids into the firing line as we were being kicked around as it was.
It's a pity and a consequence of constantly getting tricky away games against tough Premiership teams.
We get criticised for not blooding any kids, but the games where we can comfortably do this are few and far between.

By right, last night we should have been 3-4 goal to the good by halftime. Things may have been different then.
I would like to see the likes of Foden get a 10-15 minute run out in the likes of a 5-0 or 6-0 in the league, but at the moment we still have a few seniors that need to get game time and up top speed. It only takes a few injuries though and maybe we will see them.

Who knows. If we could kill off the Wolves game early, I think we really do need to give them a chance soon.

Wolves will not be easy. They are going great guns and have a decent chance at promotion this season after some great signings for them.

It all depends on where they are come 24/10. They currently sit 2nd on the same points at 1st place. If they keep it up, it will be a proper game and one I think they will play a strong g team in.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum