All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: All Change For The Carabao Cup v West Brom (A)?

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:51 am

I want a healthy mix of experience and youth. Playing a bunch of kids mentored by fringe players, isn't fair on the kids.
it's too bad we only got Tosin that we can throw in at the back, since that is the team part where we actually could do with some rotation.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CrownPointBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Be confident & set out to win it but without taking too many risks.

We have the players,established & youth,to do well.

Pep should pick a squad & make it clear that they will go all the way to the final. That's a decent incentive & reward !!

Cmon City.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 pm

don't much care about our lineup but ginger kev MUST be rested for this. imo keeping him fresh is the key to our season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:54 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:I reckon Yaya is still frozen out.

swoop Delph with our own Foden and I'd be very happy with that.
Diaz, must obviously also take part of it at some time
not sure if I'd be that happy when line-up are eventually announced, tho

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Hopefully he does indeed play the young lads.

By the way is it on tv anywhere?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:48 pm

sheblue wrote:Hopefully he does indeed play the young lads.

Not in the UK.

You can however watch it on TV in Macau

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team ... e-to-watch
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Not in the UK.

Cheers, leaving now.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:06 pm

mr_nool wrote:I want a healthy mix of experience and youth. Playing a bunch of kids mentored by fringe players, isn't fair on the kids.
it's too bad we only got Tosin that we can throw in at the back, since that is the team part where we actually could do with some rotation.

Yep. Im with you on this one.
Danilo, Komps, Yaya, Bernard, Delph Mangala, need game time for a start. But it would be good to see Foden and Tosin too.
I want one of our proper strikers to play though. Preferably Jesus .
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:18 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:I reckon Yaya is still frozen out.

Good shout that , would like to see Foden play also .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Not in the UK.

Cheers, leaving now.

Ridiculous really, isn't it, suppose there will be a few streams.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pm

There are four pots up for grabs each year. And the club will have prioritised the importance of each one and when the fixtures are for each cup and the PL fixtures either side of said game. I'd imagine this is currently third priority, behind CL and PL. Given we don't actually start the FA cup until January. Also, we could be in the final of the League Cup before we even play in the FA cup so that will probably be factored into the team selection for the League Cup.

Although this theoretically is the best opportunity to test our youth players and give fringe players a run out, we have seen this backfire a number of times. Any more than six changes to the starting line up and the slickness and cohesion of the side goes out of the window. The players just aren't used to playing with one another. Foden for example would be considered for this fixture. But he needs to be in a midfield where the other two players are regulars, Silva and Fernandinho for example, who have an existing understanding. Foden then just slots in. If Foden is part of a makeshift midfield of say Yaya and Delph, who haven't played together regularly, then Foden is then at risk of the game passing him by.

Same goes for the defence and attack. Remember a game at home to Villa a few years ago at this stage when on paper we had a goodish side out, albeit one which hadn't played much together beforehand and we got beat 4-2 IIRC as we had no shape to our play.

We've won this pot twice recently and both days out at Wembley would've been cherished by the fans. WBA played a near enough full first team XI in the last round and I'd imagine they'll do the same Wednesday night. It is after all, a mid table outfits best chance of silverware. Thus we need to be on our A game. Playing three or four Academy lads from the start together with another four or five fringe players could be our undoing as our fluidity and understanding from our play will be lost and it could be like a pre season game.

Have one or two Academy lads start with three fringe players together with core of our regular side. In the second half then bring a couple of Academy lads on if the scoreline is comfortable. Winning is a habit and winning players don't get tired as much

As such I'd advocate

Bravo
Danilo, Stones, Tosin, Walker
Gundogan, Foden, Silva B
Sane, Jesus, Sterling.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:There are four pots up for grabs each year. And the club will have prioritised the importance of each one and when the fixtures are for each cup and the PL fixtures either side of said game. I'd imagine this is currently third priority, behind CL and PL. Given we don't actually start the FA cup until January. Also, we could be in the final of the League Cup before we even play in the FA cup so that will probably be factored into the team selection for the League Cup.

Although this theoretically is the best opportunity to test our youth players and give fringe players a run out, we have seen this backfire a number of times. Any more than six changes to the starting line up and the slickness and cohesion of the side goes out of the window. The players just aren't used to playing with one another. Foden for example would be considered for this fixture. But he needs to be in a midfield where the other two players are regulars, Silva and Fernandinho for example, who have an existing understanding. Foden then just slots in. If Foden is part of a makeshift midfield of say Yaya and Delph, who haven't played together regularly, then Foden is then at risk of the game passing him by.

Same goes for the defence and attack. Remember a game at home to Villa a few years ago at this stage when on paper we had a goodish side out, albeit one which hadn't played much together beforehand and we got beat 4-2 IIRC as we had no shape to our play.

We've won this pot twice recently and both days out at Wembley would've been cherished by the fans. WBA played a near enough full first team XI in the last round and I'd imagine they'll do the same Wednesday night. It is after all, a mid table outfits best chance of silverware. Thus we need to be on our A game. Playing three or four Academy lads from the start together with another four or five fringe players could be our undoing as our fluidity and understanding from our play will be lost and it could be like a pre season game.

Have one or two Academy lads start with three fringe players together with core of our regular side. In the second half then bring a couple of Academy lads on if the scoreline is comfortable. Winning is a habit and winning players don't get tired as much

As such I'd advocate

Bravo
Gundogan, Foden, Silva B
Sane, Jesus, Sterling.

I like that side. Maybe Kompany for Stones?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm sure I heard Pep say in the Watford post-match presser that he is taking the Carabao Cup seriously this season. I got the impression that he is going to do his best to try and win it. I think he knows that he needs to deliver silverware this season and isn't taking anything for granted

Either that or I dreamt it ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:There are four pots up for grabs each year. And the club will have prioritised the importance of each one and when the fixtures are for each cup and the PL fixtures either side of said game. I'd imagine this is currently third priority, behind CL and PL. Given we don't actually start the FA cup until January. Also, we could be in the final of the League Cup before we even play in the FA cup so that will probably be factored into the team selection for the League Cup.

As such I'd advocate

Bravo
Gundogan, Foden, Silva B
Sane, Jesus, Sterling.

I like that side. Maybe Kompany for Stones?

Is he fit again? If so then a good game to bring him back in
nottsblue

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Apparently he trained again before the weekend but the Watford game was too soon.
We'll see. Mangala needs some time too.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Apparently he trained again before the weekend but the Watford game was too soon.
We'll see. Mangala needs some time too.

Mangala and Kompany is a solid centre half duo. But this is as good a game to see what Tosin can do. When all is said and done Pep will want to win the game and if possible win without extra time or penalties. Away at a PL club who are likely to put a decent side out is as bad a draw as you can get. His selection will be interesting as it will give us a bit of extra insight into where he sees the Academy prospects in terms of first team activity at present.

Maybe this game is a tough dal for Tosin to be thrown into. Burton at home would've been ideal
nottsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Don't wanna lose momentum. I'd be tempted to go hard for this match. Maybe rest kev, David and the keeper.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Don't wanna lose momentum. I'd be tempted to go hard for this match. Maybe rest kev, David and the keeper.

Nothing to argue with good common sense,
but would a:

Bravo; Mangala, Kompany, Tosin; Zinchenko, Phil, Ilkay, Bernie, Dan; Sane (Diaz), Raz.

or a more appealing:

Bravo; Zinchenko, Kompany, Tosin, Danilo; Gundo, Foden, Bernie; Sane, Diaz, Sterling.

be deemed as not good enough to past through WBA?

I mean, at risk of being accused of talking like a rag... :P

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Neither of those line ups are good enough. Just eleven names
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Neither of those line ups are good enough. Just eleven names

well, I'd would also note a different set up, at least.
thanks for not calling me a rag-talker, tho ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum