Fantastic Article on Gundogan Rehab

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fantastic Article on Gundogan Rehab

Postby Dwaring » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dwaring wrote:His reaction after the physio performed the Lachman ACL test wasn’t good. Right way he slapped the turf in anger and started tearing up. Hope I’m wrong but I’m still skeptical.

You seem to be well informed about onfield diagnostics. Nevertheless, I ask myself whether the club would be quite so publicly positive if he had sustained an ACL which would rule him out for the season and probably end his playing career.

Just seen one too many ACL tears and usually that’s the reaction. Very glad I was wrong.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:02 am

Dwaring wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dwaring wrote:His reaction after the physio performed the Lachman ACL test wasn’t good. Right way he slapped the turf in anger and started tearing up. Hope I’m wrong but I’m still skeptical.

You seem to be well informed about onfield diagnostics. Nevertheless, I ask myself whether the club would be quite so publicly positive if he had sustained an ACL which would rule him out for the season and probably end his playing career.

Just seen one too many ACL tears and usually that’s the reaction. Very glad I was wrong.

Knee ligaments can be extremely frustrating because there isn't always pain to accompany the injury. So you feel like you should be able to play, but you know something just isn't right. Very demoralizing feeling.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dwaring » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 pm

bigblue wrote:
Dwaring wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Knee ligaments can be extremely frustrating because there isn't always pain to accompany the injury. So you feel like you should be able to play, but you know something just isn't right. Very demoralizing feeling.

Though very rare, some athaletes have such structurally sound knees that they are able to tear their ACL and continue on playing. Not needing surgery until they’re playing careers are over and their muscles weaken. The body is pretty amazing, a few examples below.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/a ... hines-ward
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm

After hanging around a bunch of Jamaicans, I keep hearing his name as Gundogwan
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya