Motm vs Crystal Palace(h)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ederson
1%
Walker
No votes
Stones
1%
Otamendi
3%
Mendy
No votes
Fernandinho
1%
De Bruyne
4%
Silva
22%
Sterling
13%
Sane
49%
Aguero
3%
Danilo
1%
Bernardo
No votes
Delph
No votes

Total votes : 69

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Two choices today, cause it's Christmas.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Motm vs Crystal Palace(h)

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Sane & Silva for me!
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Sane and sane.

This kid is special.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

I just voted for Sane, I'd have given him both votes if I could
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:Sane & Silva for me!

Same for me. KdB had a bit of an off day, and David just ran the show instead.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Sane and Sterling.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Dave for me. He looks like he's bulked up a touch.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Sane.
took almost half the game tu turn on, but made the difference yet again, and with a superb goal too.

Eddie had not much to do as usual, but never fails to remaind how good is to have a class keeper on goal. If you think of the age, sky's the limit imo.
disagree on all the stick given to KDB on match thread: clearly far from his best, but I saw glimpses of his genius. as someone noted recently, sometimes his football intelligence is too much for everyone else to grasp.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Sane and Silva for me too.

Aguero looked far more dangerous than his single goal reflected.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Merlin who was class throughout and Serge for his unselfishness.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Can't help but think Sane is heading for world class status. So much potential.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Leroy really coming into himself , superb young athlete and footballer absolute class today . Bald Dave the magician what a player world class !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Sane. His goal was absolute class. Wonderful technique
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Dave was excellent today. Leroy top class when he got into gear.
He can be a savage footballer that lad. He is a player who can really damage the opposition with ease.
I want to see him starting at chelski.
He is better than Bale.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:50 pm

sheblue wrote:Dave was excellent today. Leroy top class when he got into gear.
He can be a savage footballer that lad. He is a player who can really damage the opposition with ease.
I want to see him starting at chelski.
He is better than Bale.

couldn't agree more.
and if I was a she, I'd also add he is much more pretty looking than the chimp. ;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Sane has balon d'or potential. You just don't see his combination of strength, speed, technique and now finishing. Only his temper lets him down sometimes.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 pm

btw anyone happen to see this little gem??? fucking lol.

Raheem Sterling is no Sanchez replacement - Leroy Sane is the player Arsenal should demand

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... e-13655188

BYCHARLES WATTS

Talk of a Raheem Sterling/Alexis Sanchez swap has once again raised its head - with some reports suggesting the potential mega-transfer could be revived in January.

Whether that is the case remains to be seen - with Pep Guardiola having publicly insisted that the England international will not be leaving the Etihad any time soon.

Despite those firm words, however, the rumour mill continues to swirl with Sterling said to be open to a move back down south in a bid to ensure he can force his way into Gareth Southgate’s first-team plans ahead of the World Cup.

The Sanchez situation is not an easy one to manage for Arsene Wenger. The club knocked back £60 million for the Chilean in the summer for City after failing to land Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

Despite that, however, Sanchez has yet to start a game in the Premier League - with the 28-year-old even left on the bench for last Sunday’s trip to Premier League champions Chelsea. His only starts have come in Europa League and the Carabao Cup.

There have been suggestions that Wenger is punishing the former Barcelona man for wanting to leave the Emirates - something the Frenchman point blank refused when facing the press on Thursday morning.

“There is no disguised attitude on my side,” said Wenger. "I just try to get him back to full fitness.

“For me the Europa League and League Cup is important as well. I try to give him competition and to get him back to his best. He had a long holiday and he came back not really fit, it took us time to get him back and then he got injured.

“If you add the injury plus the rest time it was a bit long. But last night you could see he is coming back. I left him on for 90 minutes because I wanted him to have a real go.”

Having rejected £60m for Sanchez in the summer, it is highly unlikely Arsenal would accept less than half of that fee in January - no matter how the season is panning out at that stage.

The only thing that may tempt them into doing business would be the offer of a high quality replacement, which is where Sterling obviously comes into the equation.

As previously stated, Guardiola has said that his attacker will be staying put - but with Manchester United now believed to be entering the running for Sanchez on a free transfer, that stance could change.

City may well believe that striking a deal in January, even if that meant losing a key player in exchange, would be a better option than risking losing Sanchez to their neighbours in the summer.

If that is the case, however, then Sterling is not the man who Arsenal should be sniffing around - there is anther player at the Etihad who Wenger should be targeting and that is Leroy Sane.

The German is a fabulous player, one that is full of potential and who would bring far more to the party than Sterling.

The Englishman is not on the same level as Sanchez, he’s nowhere near and even though he is far younger it’s clear he will never be someone who could replace the goals and creativity that the Chile star provides.

Sane, however, has the potential to go on and become a superstar. His movement and eye for goal is hugely impressive and he has the tools to be a perfect fit at the Emirates.

And as we’ve seen already this season, he is far from a regular starter for City when it comes to games in the Premier League. For a player of his quality that is a ridiculous state of affairs.

So if City do come knocking in January for any sort of swap deal, then Arsenal should ensure any conversation centres around Sane - not Sterling.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:btw anyone happen to see this little gem??? fucking lol.

Raheem Sterling is no Sanchez replacement - Leroy Sane is the player Arsenal should demand

BYCHARLES WATTS

Talk of a Raheem Sterling/Alexis Sanchez swap has once again raised its head - with some reports suggesting the potential mega-transfer could be revived in January.

Whether that is the case remains to be seen - with Pep Guardiola having publicly insisted that the England international will not be leaving the Etihad any time soon.

Despite those firm words, however, the rumour mill continues to swirl with Sterling said to be open to a move back down south in a bid to ensure he can force his way into Gareth Southgate’s first-team plans ahead of the World Cup.

The Sanchez situation is not an easy one to manage for Arsene Wenger. The club knocked back £60 million for the Chilean in the summer for City after failing to land Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

Despite that, however, Sanchez has yet to start a game in the Premier League - with the 28-year-old even left on the bench for last Sunday’s trip to Premier League champions Chelsea. His only starts have come in Europa League and the Carabao Cup.

There have been suggestions that Wenger is punishing the former Barcelona man for wanting to leave the Emirates - something the Frenchman point blank refused when facing the press on Thursday morning.

“There is no disguised attitude on my side,” said Wenger. "I just try to get him back to full fitness.

“For me the Europa League and League Cup is important as well. I try to give him competition and to get him back to his best. He had a long holiday and he came back not really fit, it took us time to get him back and then he got injured.

“If you add the injury plus the rest time it was a bit long. But last night you could see he is coming back. I left him on for 90 minutes because I wanted him to have a real go.”

Having rejected £60m for Sanchez in the summer, it is highly unlikely Arsenal would accept less than half of that fee in January - no matter how the season is panning out at that stage.

The only thing that may tempt them into doing business would be the offer of a high quality replacement, which is where Sterling obviously comes into the equation.

As previously stated, Guardiola has said that his attacker will be staying put - but with Manchester United now believed to be entering the running for Sanchez on a free transfer, that stance could change.

City may well believe that striking a deal in January, even if that meant losing a key player in exchange, would be a better option than risking losing Sanchez to their neighbours in the summer.

If that is the case, however, then Sterling is not the man who Arsenal should be sniffing around - there is anther player at the Etihad who Wenger should be targeting and that is Leroy Sane.

The German is a fabulous player, one that is full of potential and who would bring far more to the party than Sterling.

The Englishman is not on the same level as Sanchez, he’s nowhere near and even though he is far younger it’s clear he will never be someone who could replace the goals and creativity that the Chile star provides.

Sane, however, has the potential to go on and become a superstar. His movement and eye for goal is hugely impressive and he has the tools to be a perfect fit at the Emirates.

And as we’ve seen already this season, he is far from a regular starter for City when it comes to games in the Premier League. For a player of his quality that is a ridiculous state of affairs.

So if City do come knocking in January for any sort of swap deal, then Arsenal should ensure any conversation centres around Sane - not Sterling.

More chance of Woy winning the PL than us selling Sane to arsenal. How does this stuff see the light of day?
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:btw anyone happen to see this little gem??? fucking lol.

BYCHARLES WATTS

More chance of Woy winning the PL than us selling Sane to arsenal. How does this stuff see the light of day?

Deluded.

I think they have misspelled the authors nane, should be Charles Twats not Watts.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Sane has balon d'or potential. You just don't see his combination of strength, speed, technique and now finishing. Only his temper lets him down sometimes.

Not only that, but he is also intelligent (he oozes intelligence in his interviews).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum