Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Could be that his fekking heating has packed up !

Mine did , typically in winter and the ceramic tiled floor, nornally warm , was ice fekking cold
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 am

:lol: whoever produced that pic needs s lot of practise on Photoshop.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:At Paris fashion week this week.

Cue foreverinbluedreams...''why shouldn't he enjoy all these events he goes to...... ffs !!''

No cue me saying how the fuck do you know he's there? Actually how the fuck do you know that Paris fashion week is on?

There's a page on Instagram that shows photos similar to ones you've "liked". It was on there, he'd posted a pic of him and some shit rapper.

Is that something like a plastic poop bag for dogs ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Why go to Paris for fashion when you have Kun

FFS I had a mate that dressed like that when he was 12!

where the fuck is he?

Looks like a wedding in Liverpool.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Why go to Paris for fashion when you have Kun

FFS I had a mate that dressed like that when he was 12!

where the fuck is he?

Looks like a wedding in Liverpool.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Hahaha
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:01 pm

According to Pep, Mendy is likely to be on the bench and get some game time. If he makes it to tomorrow unscathed.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:According to Pep, Mendy is likely to be on the bench and get some game time. If he makes it to tomorrow unscathed.

He might injure his thumb swiping twitter.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:12 pm

How is the wind in Burton?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm

IMO. Unfair comments that lack perspective.

It is not his fault he got two bad injuries. The second one so soon after the first must have been devastating.
What did he do?
He tried to keep the bright side out, stayed positive, posted happy/good things, tried to keep himself involved and close to the squad.
I agree some of the stuff gave the wrong image for an injured player but I guess that is the personality and to me I prefer to see Mendy
running on the pitch after the Liverpool game than sulking in a corner over his bad luck.

Football wise he gives us a different dimension. One that will be needed in the later stages of the CL.
If Mendy can say injury free I think he will become a great player for us.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:50 am

Dimples wrote:IMO. Unfair comments that lack perspective.

It is not his fault he got two bad injuries. The second one so soon after the first must have been devastating.
What did he do?
He tried to keep the bright side out, stayed positive, posted happy/good things, tried to keep himself involved and close to the squad.
I agree some of the stuff gave the wrong image for an injured player but I guess that is the personality and to me I prefer to see Mendy
running on the pitch after the Liverpool game than sulking in a corner over his bad luck.

Football wise he gives us a different dimension. One that will be needed in the later stages of the CL.
If Mendy can say injury free I think he will become a great player for us.

+1 His supply of crosses has been missed, great to see another player back. He offers us that balance on the left and game changing service to Kun.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am

The fact that the world's greatest ever left back Andy Robertson has got 5 assists in 21 games, yet our our shit left back has 5 assists as well this season speaks volumes to how much he gives us going forward.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am

It’s good he’s recovered from his injury and I hope we can accommodate him in the line-up as Delph hasn’t show the form he did last season.

But it can’t be at the expense of Sane’s place in the team.

We are far more devastating with Sane and Sterling on the wings and they need to remain first choice.
aaron bond

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 am

aaron bond wrote:It’s good he’s recovered from his injury and I hope we can accommodate him in the line-up as Delph hasn’t show the form he did last season.

We are far more devastating with Sane and Sterling on the wings and they need to remain first choice.

I thought the Sane/Mendy thing was starting to work ealier. It causes havoc in the oppo even if sometimes Sane has to get the hell out the way to avoid being run over!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am

john@staustell wrote:
aaron bond wrote:It’s good he’s recovered from his injury and I hope we can accommodate him in the line-up as Delph hasn’t show the form he did last season.

I thought the Sane/Mendy thing was starting to work ealier. It causes havoc in the oppo even if sometimes Sane has to get the hell out the way to avoid being run over!

It was, 2 games against Burnley and Southampton they started together, Mendy assisted Sane in the 5-0 win and Sane scored and assisted two in the 6-1 win against Southampton, so Mendy's presencs doesn't seem to have hampered him producing.

I think Sane's lack of starts at the beginning of the season was about more than just fitting Mendy in.

I think Dimples nailed it above, the different dimension that Mendy brings makes us a lot stronger and a lot less predictable, hopefully he can stay fit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:

It was, 2 games against Burnley and Southampton they started together, Mendy assisted Sane in the 5-0 win and Sane scored and assisted two in the 6-1 win against Southampton, so Mendy's presencs doesn't seem to have hampered him producing.

I think Sane's lack of starts at the beginning of the season was about more than just fitting Mendy in.

I think Dimples nailed it above, the different dimension that Mendy brings makes us a lot stronger and a lot less predictable, hopefully he can stay fit.

Whatever way you look at it, him coming back is a positive.
Having a fully fit squad with terrifying options no matter who we play can only be a good thing.
After that it's up to Pep to get the team and tactics correct.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Whatever way you look at it, him coming back is a positive.
Having a fully fit squad with terrifying options no matter who we play can only be a good thing.
After that it's up to Pep to get the team and tactics correct.

I agree. Pep needs to find a way to keep Mendy in the side, without sacrificing Sane.

We need a settled back 4 as much as possible for the rest of the season. That probably also means giving Danilo a run at right back as he's performed well lately and Walker doesn't seem to be losing his poor form.
aaron bond

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Curious, but from where this Mendy can't play with Sane myth came from?

There is no statistic backing this up and saw it that was talked about since the first fixture vs Arse.

Also, Sterling played a lot on the left. How does that work vs with Sane?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:Curious, but from where this Mendy can't play with Sane myth came from?

There is no statistic backing this up and saw it that was talked about since the first fixture vs Arse.

Also, Sterling played a lot on the left. How does that work vs with Sane?

Couple of games last season where there was an issue on the overlap or them playing down that wing. Couple of games. I would love to see the bloke have some good fortune and get a good and long injury free period.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum