Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:19 am

mr_nool wrote:Should we perhaps change the thread title to: Mender on a Bender?

:D :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 am

mr_nool wrote:Should we perhaps change the thread title to: Mender on a Bender?

'fuck off mendy' would be better
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:36 am

CFG will decide whats best, they will want this 50 mill investment to sort his shit out. Pep might not be his father, but he is The Boss !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:49 am

Desperately wanted him to come good as I love a good left back with a massive piece on him. But looks like he'll be gone in the summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 am

Mase wrote:Desperately wanted him to come good as I love a good left back with a massive piece on him. But looks like he'll be gone in the summer.

But who is buying him? Attitude issues aside, his injury record will be debilitating for any sale.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I am not sure who is a bigger waste of money: Mendy or that Algerian we bought last summer.

Don't you mean that Dutchman?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:27 am

All forgiven if he scores a winner in a final providing he can stay sober. On a serious note, don't think flogging him in the summer will be a smooth transition We might give him a final year to prove himself. What annoys me, he is capable of delivering if fit, he's not Mangala talent wise, he's much superior. Hence our relectuance to flog him on the cheap.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:38 am

The thing with Mendy is he is a party animal, but a sober one as he is tea-total.

I am pretty sure he knows exactly where he stands in peps plans. Pep takes no shit from players, hence Mendy being fit but not in contention to be in the team, even when we don't have a recognised left back.

The only time he will figure is if we have to call on him due to zinchenko being injured and Delph out, even then he might play laporte there first.

The writing is on the wall. It's not like we have a chance to play him to put him in the shop window and say to other teams he is fighting fit again.

I want players here who are dedicated to winning every game. You can party when the club tells you and in the summer. Other than that you fucking work your socks off
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The thing with Mendy is he is a party animal, but a sober one as he is tea-total.

I am pretty sure he knows exactly where he stands in peps plans. Pep takes no shit from players, hence Mendy being fit but not in contention to be in the team, even when we don't have a recognised left back.

The only time he will figure is if we have to call on him due to zinchenko being injured and Delph out, even then he might play laporte there first.

The writing is on the wall. It's not like we have a chance to play him to put him in the shop window and say to other teams he is fighting fit again.

I want players here who are dedicated to winning every game. You can party when the club tells you and in the summer. Other than that you fucking work your socks off

His Attitude fuckign stinks and anyone that disputes that is just as fuckign thick as he is.

I have said it before and I will say it again - when you have a long term injury you should keep a low profile and work hard to get fit ,teetotal or not , going out till the early hrs is not focusing on your program to get fit - IMO I would imagine there are players at the club who cant stand this cunts attitude.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:21 pm

He will stay, he will play, we will win stuff.

He'll keep pissing off the fogies on here.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:The thing with Mendy is he is a party animal, but a sober one as he is tea-total.

His Attitude fuckign stinks and anyone that disputes that is just as fuckign thick as he is.

I have said it before and I will say it again - when you have a long term injury you should keep a low profile and work hard to get fit ,teetotal or not , going out till the early hrs is not focusing on your program to get fit - IMO I would imagine there are players at the club who cant stand this cunts attitude.

Yeah you are probably right there Carl. I bet there are a few who liked his jocular nature at the beginning are starting to get sick of it.

He still has an opportunity to prove us wrong, I hope he does as it would be to our benefit, however, I highly doubt it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ruralblue » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yeah you are probably right there Carl. I bet there are a few who liked his jocular nature at the beginning are starting to get sick of it.

He still has an opportunity to prove us wrong, I hope he does as it would be to our benefit, however, I highly doubt it.

Yup imagine how young Zinch feels tonight. The kids been played out of his natural position and given his best for the team and earns far less than Mendy. Delph is fucked and don't think Pep will play Laporte out of position. So Mendy comes in but he needs to prove why we paid what we did for him and knuckle the fuck down.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:03 pm

You cant make this up. Zinchenko probably out for the majority of the rest of the season and Delph is out. That leaves Mendy and Danilo for LB (I hope Pep doesnt play Fern or Laporte out of position).

So, Mendy gets to come back in right as we get ready to hopefully win at least 2 more trophies. No doubt he'll be bragging and showing off the medals he didnt earn.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:You cant make this up. Zinchenko probably out for the majority of the rest of the season and Delph is out. That leaves Mendy and Danilo for LB (I hope Pep doesnt play Fern or Laporte out of position).

So, Mendy gets to come back in right as we get ready to hopefully win at least 2 more trophies. No doubt he'll be bragging and showing off the medals he didnt earn.

He will probably play Laporte there instead of Danilo .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 am

Saul Goodman wrote:You cant make this up. Zinchenko probably out for the majority of the rest of the season and Delph is out. That leaves Mendy and Danilo for LB (I hope Pep doesnt play Fern or Laporte out of position).

Ffs, if and it's a big if, Mendy plays the remaining games that will be 15 games played, he currently has the same number of appearances as Zinch. Will Zinch deserve his medal. Fingers crossed it won't keep him out for long.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 am

How fit is he? Who knows, he hasn't even been on the bench when supposed to be available. Maybe he is ready but I doubt it after such a long lay off and then another setback on top of that. With Zinch, Delph injured and Mendy probably not match fit, Danilo has to be first choice at LB he has been played all over the place when asked to but he has never let us down.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby city72 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:01 am

Got to be pay back time we need him more than ever now, time to put his phone down and show us consistently why we spent 50 mil on him.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:22 am

Tricky one now isn't it? Do we play him Saturday at some point to ease him in or trust him to step straight in at spuds? Doubt he can play 90 mins in both games. I think we give him 45 mins Saturday and hope there is no reaction for Tuesday. Either way, he needs to knuckle the fuck down and let his football do the talking
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:06 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Ffs, if and it's a big if, Mendy plays the remaining games that will be 15 games played, he currently has the same number of appearances as Zinch. Will Zinch deserve his medal. Fingers crossed it won't keep him out for long.

Zinchenko has played nearly more than double the games than the other TiT has played over this season - Zinch has also been fundamental in 5 champions league matches and was also fundamental in us winning the LC and getting us to the FA cup semi final.

Mendy got 5 assists , 3 against the mighty Burnley, Newcastle and fuckign Huddersfield and 2 Arsenal (He gets a clap for that one )

To tell a story, you need to tell the fuckign complete story and not just a few chapters to make you feel you have a worthwhile point.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:13 am

City need him firing on all cylinders, if we get that, BOOM ! Carlos came back after he fell out with Bobby Manc, look what happened, just saying... Chill pills .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum