Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Loved Bobby Manc but he is no Pep ! The wooden spoon is getting well worn.

Football wise, Pep all day.
Personality wise, Bob or the wooden spoon over Pep.[/quote

This this and this.

I love Bobby Manc..gave the footballing world the BEST EVER moment in domestic football history.

Not even the Bald one will ever beat that moment.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Football wise is all that really matters, it is after all football not reality TV.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Football wise is all that really matters, it is after all football not reality TV.

Agreed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:27 pm

How does a thread about Ben Mendy end up discussing Bob Mancini?
Lol..
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:35 pm

sheblue wrote:How does a thread about Ben Mendy end up discussing Bob Mancini?
Lol..

Ask Taylor Swift !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Football wise is all that really matters, it is after all football not reality TV.

Shame Mendy doesn't understand that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Would you have Ferguson managing us? Because football wise, he's great. But as a person he's a cunt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Mase wrote:

Would you have Ferguson managing us? Because football wise, he's great. But as a person he's a cunt.

No but not because of his personality.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

He's a dinosaur in the modern game.
Mancini in effect consigned him to the scrap heap, despite his Van Persie season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mancini in effect consigned him to the scrap heap, despite his Van Persie season.

He is 78.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Lovely to remember what Bobby did to old Taggart.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:

He is 78.

All the more reason.
I think his methods of intimidation and full control wouldn’t work now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Mase wrote:

No, think about it, how many teams challenged him in his era, Arsenal, dippers? As soon as chelkski and us came to the scene he legged it. Look at the league now, it's ten times harder. In his days, half the club's were managed by ex scum players and his buddies, they rolled over for him before kick off. His champions league return is piss poor, 2 chimps cups in over 25 years. He's very good but certainly not the best ever.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:11 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

No, think about it, how many teams challenged him in his era, Arsenal, dippers? As soon as chelkski and us came to the scene he legged it. Look at the league now, it's ten times harder. In his days, half the club's were managed by ex scum players and his buddies, they rolled over for him before kick off. His champions league return is piss poor, 2 chimps cups in over 25 years. He's very good but certainly not the best ever.

Also, don't forget probably half the silverware they won with him in charge was spoon-fed to them by helpful refereeing.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 am

Fuck me some of you missed the point completely re: Ferguson.

It's not always just about football. I wouldn't have wanted Ronaldo or Rooney whilst in their prime playing for City.

That's not to say I'd still want Bob managing City currently over Pep. Just that football isn't all that matters.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 am

Mase wrote:Fuck me some of you missed the point completely re: Ferguson.

It's not always just about football. I wouldn't have wanted Ronaldo or Rooney whilst in their prime playing for City.

That's not to say I'd still want Bob managing City currently over Pep. Just that football isn't all that matters.

Mase you would be more Pep or Fergie if you were a manager ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am

Outcast wrote:No, think about it, how many teams challenged him in his era, Arsenal, dippers? As soon as chelkski and us came to the scene he legged it. Look at the league now, it's ten times harder. In his days, half the club's were managed by ex scum players and his buddies, they rolled over for him before kick off. His champions league return is piss poor, 2 chimps cups in over 25 years. He's very good but certainly not the best ever.

In fairness, he carried on for 10 years after Abramovich took over at Chelsea, and for 7 seasons after Chelsea won back-to-back titles (04/05 and 05/06) winning 5 of those titles.
The CL return isn't too poor considering in his first decade it was actually a cup for Champions, as it took him the best part of a decade to win the league, plus English clubs were banned from Europe for his first 4 seasons in charge. 2 wins and 2 runners-up in the final decade-and-a-half isn't a bad haul by any stretch of the imagination.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Outcast wrote:No, think about it, how many teams challenged him in his era, Arsenal, dippers? As soon as chelkski and us came to the scene he legged it. Look at the league now, it's ten times harder. In his days, half the club's were managed by ex scum players and his buddies, they rolled over for him before kick off. His champions league return is piss poor, 2 chimps cups in over 25 years. He's very good but certainly not the best ever.

In fairness, he carried on for 10 years after Abramovich took over at Chelsea, and for 7 seasons after Chelsea won back-to-back titles (04/05 and 05/06) winning 5 of those titles.
The CL return isn't too poor considering in his first decade it was actually a cup for Champions, as it took him the best part of a decade to win the league, plus English clubs were banned from Europe for his first 4 seasons in charge. 2 wins and 2 runners-up in the final decade-and-a-half isn't a bad haul by any stretch of the imagination.

In fairness ? there was no fuckign fairness when that cunt was managing that red shite.........he got more favors from referees than a bouncer in a brothel.

This thread was created for that cunt............... 2019 following on from 2018, 2017 and 2016
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm

I can't believe what I am reading here. Some of you lads need a good slap.
The rags got title after title handed to them on a plate. Fact. Let's not rewrite history here.
Embrassing stuff.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:50 pm

sheblue wrote:I can't believe what I am reading here. Some of you lads need a good slap.
The rags got title after title handed to them on a plate. Fact. Let's not rewrite history here.
Embrassing stuff.

Fergie time, Pulled out of the Fa Cup to go to win the World Club Championship, which was a break in the sun and win nowt surprise surprise. Got Cuntona back after he attacked a fan, Had the C4 Doc expose the cheating cunts by pissed up Robbo but burried. So yes The SCUM have earned the title. Oh and Rooney and Rio are lauded as greats when they are cheats !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum