Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Pictured in training today. Not sure if it was full training with the team or just on his own. Raheem also back apparently. Does this mean we have a fully fit squad?
User avatar
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11870
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Amersfoort, Cheeseland
Supporter of: City

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Nah I’d expect it will take Mendy a while before he’s fit to play.

Great news he’s back on the training ground though.
"Feed the Beast and he will score"
User avatar
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35 am
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Pictured in training today. Not sure if it was full training with the team or just on his own. Raheem also back apparently. Does this mean we have a fully fit squad?


fern's out for a 'while' with a hammy.....
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby blues2win » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Since Sterling trained today I’d expect him to be fit to play tomorrow. Pep may decide not to play him anyway but that’s a different story. Delph available too. Obviously Mendy nowhere near match fit even if he’s started full training. It is so encouraging to see him out on the training pitch with the squad though. We’ll have to see about Fernandinho. Clearly not playing tomorrow. Will be be fit for Stoke next Monday? Probably not unfortunately.
blues2win
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6092
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Spider Legs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Shit, hope none of them get injured playing tomorrow, we've got a big CL 2nd leg on Wednesday.. :D
User avatar
Spider Legs
Carlo Nash's Debut
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:20 am
Location: the Bell End of Bristol
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Peter Denis Tueart Barnes

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Wooders » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Looks like he followed some peoples advice to stop having a laugh and focus his brainpower on his knee getting better
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14737
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Wooders wrote:Looks like he followed some peoples advice to stop having a laugh and focus his brainpower on his knee getting better

You're welcome.:lol:
Image
london blue 2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8591
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Benjamin Mendy has delivered 29 crosses in the Premier League this season. That is more than Delph and Danilo combined (23).

Mendy has only played 4 PL games and has been out injured since September 2017. Welcome Back.
Plain Speaking
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Bluedj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Bluedj wrote:Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition


2 major knee injuries in the last 18 months
no guarantees he comes back the same player
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Bluedj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition


2 major knee injuries in the last 18 months
no guarantees he comes back the same player



Understand that, and hoping he continues where he left off. Always a worry though. I still remember watching King Colin on his return/s and how painful it was watching a great never getting it back

However, on a positive note, surgeons and physiotherapists are a million times better than the old butcher days under the knife
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition


2 major knee injuries in the last 18 months
no guarantees he comes back the same player



Understand that, and hoping he continues where he left off. Always a worry though. I still remember watching King Colin on his return/s and how painful it was watching a great never getting it back

However, on a positive note, surgeons and physiotherapists are a million times better than the old butcher days under the knife

7/18 Cruciate Ligament Surgery Sep 25, 2017 Apr 19, 2018 206 days 45Manchester City
17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Jul 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017 31 days 2Manchester City
16/17 Knee injury Jun 14, 2017 Jul 19, 2017 35 days -
16/17 Muscular problems May 1, 2017 May 8, 2017 7 days 2AS Monaco
16/17 Muscle Injury Nov 21, 2016 Dec 8, 2016 17 days 5AS Monaco
16/17 Muscle Injury Sep 8, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 14 days 4AS Monaco
15/16 Hamstring Injury Mar 14, 2016 Apr 7, 2016 24 days 2Olympique Marseille
15/16 Cruciate ligament injury Jan 4, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 52 days 13Olympique Marseille

You'd think our medics would have identified this weakness
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition


2 major knee injuries in the last 18 months
no guarantees he comes back the same player


Think he’s got a third leg he can use as a replacement. Anyone confirm?
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Be interesting to find out when he’ll be back

Our squad/team shape/ dynamics completely change. Attack wise we’ll be very strong, defensively is the area for concern or we just outscore the opposition


2 major knee injuries in the last 18 months
no guarantees he comes back the same player



Understand that, and hoping he continues where he left off. Always a worry though. I still remember watching King Colin on his return/s and how painful it was watching a great never getting it back

However, on a positive note, surgeons and physiotherapists are a million times better than the old butcher days under the knife

7/18 Cruciate Ligament Surgery Sep 25, 2017 Apr 19, 2018 206 days 45Manchester City
17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Jul 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017 31 days 2Manchester City
16/17 Knee injury Jun 14, 2017 Jul 19, 2017 35 days -
16/17 Muscular problems May 1, 2017 May 8, 2017 7 days 2AS Monaco
16/17 Muscle Injury Nov 21, 2016 Dec 8, 2016 17 days 5AS Monaco
16/17 Muscle Injury Sep 8, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 14 days 4AS Monaco
15/16 Hamstring Injury Mar 14, 2016 Apr 7, 2016 24 days 2Olympique Marseille
15/16 Cruciate ligament injury Jan 4, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 52 days 13Olympique Marseille

You'd think our medics would have identified this weakness


Wow...thats a fuckign list and a half of injuries.

Lots of players are just injury prone and always will be.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 20872
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:14 am

He is on thin ice re injuries looking at that record. Two major knee ops in recent times is worrying. A third and i doubt he would recover sufficiently to play at the very top level consistently enough for us.

Fingers crossed for him but as Carl said, some guys are just susceptible to injury and cant be relied on.

I really hope he has a good run as he looks a top player but i do have my doubts whether he will make it
nottsblue
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13564
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Mendy starting for the EDS

JamieMCFC
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Great that we’re actually utilising the EDS for players coming back from injury like other teams do.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Does Muric play for anyone or jus knock around training as third choice? Never realised how big he was!!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Justified logic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Mase wrote:Great that we’re actually utilising the EDS for players coming back from injury like other teams do.

...and to confine the scum to relegation at the same time to boot...

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Game is on YouTube now if anyone wants to watch.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Burt, gmercer1, Google Feedfetcher, JamieMCFC, mr fu, Pretty Boy Lee, ruralblue, South Stand Balti, Yukscore and 63 guests