Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:53 am

He's just bonkers, I'm ok with that
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 am

I don’t think anything he does or did is disrespectful, if that is what people think us naysayers are on about.
I just think he is overcompensating to show he is one of the team still.
He has done nothing with us yet and should get his head down and work hard to get himself back.
Hopefully he’ll come back as strong as he looked in those few games.
But until his fitness is guaranteed, I think he should keep his powder dry.

Nobody is saying he isn’t a likeable lad.
A tad immature perhaps, that all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I don’t think anything he does or did is disrespectful, if that is what people think us naysayers are on about.
He has done nothing with us yet and should get his head down and work hard to get himself back.

By all accounts he is working extremely hard.

He's just having a bit of craic.

I can appreciate some find it annoying but as long as his team mates don't, which to be fair they don't seem to ( in fact I'd say the opposite seems true),then what's the harm?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I don’t think anything he does or did is disrespectful, if that is what people think us naysayers are on about.

By all accounts he is working extremely hard.

He's just having a bit of craic.

I can appreciate some find it annoying but as long as his team mates don't, which to be fair they don't seem to ( in fact I'd say the opposite seems true),then what's the harm?

No harm FIBD.
Back of my mind is always, the niggling doubt that things won’t go so smoothly trying to get back up to where he was, football-wise.
Different strokes for different folks.
Look at Gundogan. I’d say he’s still minding himself, looking at how he won’t stretch for some passes.

It could be a long road back for Mendy yet.
I’d keep my head below the parapet if I was him, but that’s just me.
Just let the football on the pitch do the talking. I don’t like any of them mouthing off and thank God we don’t have too many that do.
Vinny that goes for you too.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

Personally, I love it. I reallydon't get this keep your powder dry stuff.
For many years, supporting City was like being in a dysfunctional relationship, all the love coming from the terraces and little being returned from the team.

I don't know how good this City team are, we have beaten (almost) every challenge put in front of us, yet still City fans refuse to shout.

FFS, you are supporters, you are allowed to shout, it's your job to shout and put other fans and teams down. Taking the piss and shouting the odds is what fans of successful clubs do...or should do.

miles ahead in thge Prem, pretty sure to go into the pot for the next round of the CL, just won the League Cup at a cantor, playing the best football in the country by a huge margin. A young team with the next gerneration gently being put in place......

HOW EFFING GOOD DOES THIS HAVE TO GET BEFORE SOME OF YOU DROP THE TYPICAL CITY FEARS OF YEARS AGO?????

That period of our 'Cups For Cock Ups' failures ended years ago.....
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby frankswift » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

Justified logic wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:He seems popular enough amongst the squad, so people finding shit disrespectful on behalf of players who don't appear to find it disrespectful themselves is a bit weird.

This

That

And t'other.

I hope he'll give Mario a run for his money. I still miss the mad sod.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

John, no-one is trying to stop you doing what you do, but I am sure you are aware that some Blues refuse to become the kind of football fan they have always hated.

And yes, there is still a tiny part in the back of my mind that thinks it could still all go tits up. If not now, then at some unforeseen point in the future. It is hard to shake off. Perhaps it is easier for you because you've seen a successful City before. Blues my age had not. We knew nothing but letdowns, failures, false dawns and disappointments prior to this last ten years. That said, I have total confidence in the collective we have got now to overcome just about any obstacle put in their way. They won't be successful 100% of the time, but the current 99% will do nicely. Once they have all moved on, however... ;)

I am glad you're giving the filth and some others plenty shit, though, mate, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it. I personally do not need them. They are of no importance to me whatsoever.

Mendy's a bit of a "look-at-me" type. Mind you, he is French. They're a funny lot.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:John, no-one is trying to stop you doing what you do, but I am sure you are aware that some Blues refuse to become the kind of football fan they have always hated.

And yes, there is still a tiny part in the back of my mind that thinks it could still all go tits up. If not now, then at some unforeseen point in the future. It is hard to shake off. Perhaps it is easier for you because you've seen a successful City before. Blues my age had not. We knew nothing but letdowns, failures, false dawns and disappointments prior to this last ten years. That said, I have total confidence in the collective we have got now to overcome just about any obstacle put in their way. They won't be successful 100% of the time, but the current 99% will do nicely. Once they have all moved on, however... ;)

I am glad you're giving the filth and some others plenty shit, though, mate, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it. I personally do not need them. They are of no importance to me whatsoever.

Mendy's a bit of a "look-at-me" type. Mind you, he is French. They're a funny lot.

Aside from all that John, your a fan, he's a footballer. No problem with you or anyone winding up the Rags.
And Tokyo Blue, I don't even fear that it will go tits up for the team.
The team will march onward with or without Mendy. Just for his own sake, he's done nothing with us so far to be so in your face.
Make your come back first and achieve something before getting Bolshy. That's all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:15 pm

I really like his social media stuff, he's mad as a box of frogs. Proper character, nice fella too it seems.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm

frankswift wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:He seems popular enough amongst the squad, so people finding shit disrespectful on behalf of players who don't appear to find it disrespectful themselves is a bit weird.

This

That

And t'other.

I hope he'll give Mario a run for his money. I still miss the mad sod.

There was a bit of a nasty side to Mario. Mendy madness is orchestrated and pretty much harmless.
Still I wouldnt give him Mario's fireworks :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Some of you are just cranky old fuckers that don't know how to have fun. :lol: Personally I love what he is doing.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:01 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Some of you are just cranky old fuckers that don't know how to have fun. :lol: Personally I love what he is doing.

There those who love wallowing in negativity.... :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:John, no-one is trying to stop you doing what you do, but I am sure you are aware that some Blues refuse to become the kind of football fan they have always hated.

As ever Tokyo, good thoughtful points.
I think the start of my anti rag stance stems from being around 14yrs old. I used to watch the reserves when City were away in order to get 1st team score updates every 10mins on the old Manie Rd scoreboard. On one occassion, waiting for my bus back to Wythenshawe outside the old bus depot, a group of much older rag's fans saw us and taunted us by singing:
"Who's that over there dressed in blue? It's Manchester City in division 2". !964 was the year before Mercer and I had no answer. It really got to me and planted the seed to never allow that to happen again.
In 1965, as the Kippax choir formed, we created songs and chants to oppose the rags. That early Kippax was where I grew up through my City formative years. Almost all my mates were from the Kippax and we were pretty City hardcore in our attitudes.
Always the loudest noise from the Kippax was the immediate response to a goal from the opposition.
I think the difference was that it was a sort of job, The team played for us and it was our job to ensure we gave them the best vocal backing we could, under any circumstance.
We could be halfway down the table but we still sand "We're gonna win the League" and like the more recent Zabba song, many early City songscontained lyrics like "and when we win the League this year...." .

I will never forget losing 0-3 to the rags at the Etihad. I was sat with Blue Man Dan in the East Stand top tier. Listening to rag's fans, heavily outnumbered singing verse after verse of "My old man said be a City fan, unopposed, with no response whatsoever from those in the South Stand made me very angry.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Justified logic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Let the hate go John. You'll feel a lot better for it.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Give it to them John. I love to hear the bitter rags squeal about money and how unfair it is.
Love it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 pm

I love that he gave the trophy to the fans to hold. Mad bastard.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:14 pm

A lot of his antics are probably encouraged by the club. They gave him a Go Pro to record footage during the cup celebration.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:11 am

You bet Jamie. He makes the club more likeable. It also keeps him connected and involved during his rehab.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:11 am

You bet Jamie. He makes the club more likeable. It also keeps him connected and involved during his rehab.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 am

Justified logic wrote:Let the hate go John. You'll feel a lot better for it.

It's not about hate JL, It's about justice.
I'm a long term supporter and quite knowledgeable about ours and the rags histories. I see younger or less knowledgeable fans unable to answer the taunts of rags.
I enjoy giving them the ammunition to fight back.

When City were a major and quite rich club, we were good neighbours to the rags, helping them out more than once when their finances and their backs were to the wall.
As soon as the ragsgained ascendendcy over us, the picture changed. The venom and the insults that emanated from the rags, their club, their management and their fans utterly disgusted me.
Their current behaviour and their dirty behind the scenes politicking and their attempts to limit City's rise need to be publicised at every opportunity.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum