Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm

john68 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Let the hate go John. You'll feel a lot better for it.

It's not about hate JL, It's about justice.
I'm a long term supporter and quite knowledgeable about ours and the rags histories. I see younger or less knowledgeable fans unable to answer the taunts of rags.
I enjoy giving them the ammunition to fight back.

When City were a major and quite rich club, we were good neighbours to the rags, helping them out more than once when their finances and their backs were to the wall.
As soon as the ragsgained ascendendcy over us, the picture changed. The venom and the insults that emanated from the rags, their club, their management and their fans utterly disgusted me.
Their current behaviour and their dirty behind the scenes politicking and their attempts to limit City's rise need to be publicised at every opportunity.

Spot Bloody On John
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Fair play john
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:John, no-one is trying to stop you doing what you do, but I am sure you are aware that some Blues refuse to become the kind of football fan they have always hated.

And yes, there is still a tiny part in the back of my mind that thinks it could still all go tits up. If not now, then at some unforeseen point in the future. It is hard to shake off. Perhaps it is easier for you because you've seen a successful City before. Blues my age had not. We knew nothing but letdowns, failures, false dawns and disappointments prior to this last ten years. That said, I have total confidence in the collective we have got now to overcome just about any obstacle put in their way. They won't be successful 100% of the time, but the current 99% will do nicely. Once they have all moved on, however... ;)

I am glad you're giving the filth and some others plenty shit, though, mate, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it. I personally do not need them. They are of no importance to me whatsoever.

Mendy's a bit of a "look-at-me" type. Mind you, he is French. They're a funny lot.

Omg Tokio.
I think You are aware of what high an opinion I 've grown of You, intellectual wise.
Thus you will excuse me if I say this opinion belongs to the realm of Boris Johnson's ghost writers.
I very much struggle to believe half the IQ You carry among ears is consistent with that "tiny part in the back of my mind that thinks it could still all go tits up".
I wasn't here when a great sense of humour was the only anchor to keep the Blue faith going, hence I hold no title to judge genuine intentions, superstitious attitude or whatever by the average fellow Blue.
But coming from a rational of Your high standing I can only assess it as a snobbery. No different than that of those who kept advocating for fox hunting... lol

Hope this playful reprimand won't gone lost as too cryptic/ Yodaish to Your good self ;) :twisted:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:13 pm

John, I don't know who's the most senile out of you and me, but as far as I can remember, we've never lost 0-3 to the rags at the Etihad.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

“When I started my recovery, I had in mind the semi-finals of the Champions League,” says Mendy with a glint in his eye.

“That was my goal, but I am coming back a bit quicker than expected originally so maybe it will be possible for me to return sooner than that. I believe in this.

“I think it’s possible for me to come back within four weeks. It’s not a good thing to come back too soon and you have to take your time.

“We will see how things go, but I am working hard and optimistic.”

“The Manchester derby is a realistic aim. That’s half clear in my mind. I really want to play that game," he said.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team ... ster-derby
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:51 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:“When I started my recovery, I had in mind the semi-finals of the Champions League,” says Mendy with a glint in his eye.

“That was my goal, but I am coming back a bit quicker than expected originally so maybe it will be possible for me to return sooner than that. I believe in this.

“I think it’s possible for me to come back within four weeks. It’s not a good thing to come back too soon and you have to take your time.

“The Manchester derby is a realistic aim. That’s half clear in my mind. I really want to play that game," he said.

Great very sensible posting Sir.
Looks like stars start to align for a stunning treble.

Of course, even if such astonishing achievent will occur to CITY, it won't come anywhere near to last year "proper treble" achieved by the Rags (charity friendly+2xmichey mouse). :lol:
Sorry all for my current spoilt brat mood. :oops:

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:“When I started my recovery, I had in mind the semi-finals of the Champions League,” says Mendy with a glint in his eye.

He's now saying he was misquoted.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mendy-questions-bullish-man-city-comeback-comments/m4b8v4obgtot1dfbngessj1hd
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:14 pm

First time I've ever heard a players say their club's official website has misquoted them. :lol:
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:40 am

JamieMCFC wrote:

First time I've ever heard a players say their club's official website has misquoted them. :lol:

Guardiola likes to bring players back earlier than he says they would come back so I suspect there are some mind games going on around the derby and Spuds games.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Wish mendy would just concentrate on getting fit again. I'm a bit bored of his childish stuff to be honest and it feels like it would suit the likes of Lindsay and Pogshit better than our classy guys.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:19 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Wish mendy would just concentrate on getting fit again. I'm a bit bored of his childish stuff to be honest and it feels like it would suit the likes of Lindsay and Pogshit better than our classy guys.

What makes you think he isn’t concentrating on getting fit mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Wish mendy would just concentrate on getting fit again. I'm a bit bored of his childish stuff to be honest and it feels like it would suit the likes of Lindsay and Pogshit better than our classy guys.

"Just" mate.

Im sure there are many that love seeing him running around with a go pro. I'd rather just see him running around with a football. In sure we pay cameramen and women to do that job.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

"Just" mate.

Im sure there are many that love seeing him running around with a go pro. I'd rather just see him running around with a football. In sure we pay cameramen and women to do that job.

Fair enough. But he can only do what he can do - the body will repair itself without him doing extra things. He puts anymore pressure on it and it will set him back.

Plus there’s 24 hours in a day. He’s a young guy that doesn’t have to worry about money. Let him enjoy himself!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Funny thing is some of this “childish stuff” he does that you don’t like. He is doing it because the club wants him to, so they can you it for their social media. Also this is stuff the younger generation loves he is marketing gold for the club.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:13 pm

A relatively new kid in the squad. New team, new country, new colleagues, gets injured and is unable to take part in the day to day interaction of the group.
Whatever his footballing relationships with his team mates on the pitch, he has to try and cement his place within the playing social structure.Sat at home alongside his phone whilst his colleagues are ripping up the Prem and winning pots at Wemblet, he is, if not excluded, only only on the fringes.

To some, it may be silly but that silly stuff allows him to be a part of the squad, It allows him to show his support in the only way he can and also interact with the fans.

I am sure, the club have set down guidelines and parameters and also certain that Pep sees Mendy's efforts in supporting the whole from the comparative outside is positive for the player, in that it allows him to take some part and feel some part of the whole.

Personally I'm all for it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:25 pm

john68 wrote:A relatively new kid in the squad. New team, new country, new colleagues, gets injured and is unable to take part in the day to day interaction of the group.
Whatever his footballing relationships with his team mates on the pitch, he has to try and cement his place within the playing social structure.Sat at home alongside his phone whilst his colleagues are ripping up the Prem and winning pots at Wemblet, he is, if not excluded, only only on the fringes.

To some, it may be silly but that silly stuff allows him to be a part of the squad, It allows him to show his support in the only way he can and also interact with the fans.

I am sure, the club have set down guidelines and parameters and also certain that Pep sees Mendy's efforts in supporting the whole from the comparative outside is positive for the player, in that it allows him to take some part and feel some part of the whole.

Personally I'm all for it.

They’re fair points John and as one of the naysayers, I have to acknowledge the benefits for all, that you outline.

He is young and doesn’t always get it right. I’d say left to his own devices he’d probably get it as badly wrong and as often as any kid his age. So maybe it’s quite smart of the club to endorse certain activities and perhaps have a better reign on the content as a result.

He’s a good lad and a great character and I don’t get the sense anyone on here dislikes him.

I just can’t wait until we’re talking about his football again rather than his tweets.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Swales4ever wrote:But coming from a rational of Your high standing I can only assess it as a snobbery. No different than that of those who kept advocating for fox hunting... lol

I don't think I have ever been referred to as a snob before.

And I think you have missed the whole point of my post. I was clearly not talking about this season.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby kennyboy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

He will face tuff competition, Zenko has been brilliant, Danilo had delivered, Delph has done the job. I have only seen the guy with a mobile phone, will be interesting to se if he can get a regular place when fit.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:But coming from a rational of Your high standing I can only assess it as a snobbery. No different than that of those who kept advocating for fox hunting... lol

I don't think I have ever been referred to as a snob before.

And I think you have missed the whole point of my post. I was clearly not talking about this season.

Apologies owed, then mate.
I stand by your assessment of me being a bad ass there.
Snob... as per Pm alert, was highly provocative and consistent to my long standing activism against regressive cultural stances.
One great commendable thing is laughing off misfortune when history is letting You down.
Refusing to acknowledge plain facts is a totally different story... closer to calling Climate Change a liberal's hoax...
But yes... you are the last I should pick up as staunch lord Tory :lol:
Blaming leaders to catch up masses focus... or shit to same effect ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 pm

kennyboy wrote:He will face tuff competition, Zenko has been brilliant, Danilo had delivered, Delph has done the job. I have only seen the guy with a mobile phone, will be interesting to se if he can get a regular place when fit.

I thought he was pretty good before his injury.

And having a fast wing-back on the left to compliment Walker on the right gave us attacking options that Zinc, Danilo and Delphinho just don't provide.

I hope he returns to his former fitness level. Meantime I won't be reading any of his tweets other than what is linked to on here. Long may others enjoy his humour though.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum