Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mend?

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:My biggest fear is not that he will be out for a while, but that he turns out to be one of those injury prone players. He got injured against England in a nothing situation and then picked up an injury in training and now this. He's only been here two minutes. Delph will do as an emergency but how long before he is injured again?

Do we have any youth left backs? I remember Angelino was loaned out.
I think we are getting Bertrand in january. hope we are not stupid enough to go after another injury prone fella like Rose.

No we dont have any decent left back youths. Tyreke wilson probably the closest, he came on tour late in the summer but didnt get a look in, he is not even close to been ready.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:My biggest fear is not that he will be out for a while, but that he turns out to be one of those injury prone players. He got injured against England in a nothing situation and then picked up an injury in training and now this. He's only been here two minutes. Delph will do as an emergency but how long before he is injured again?

Do we have any youth left backs? I remember Angelino was loaned out.
I think we are getting Bertrand in january. hope we are not stupid enough to go after another injury prone fella like Rose.

No we dont have any decent left back youths. Tyreke wilson probably the closest, he came on tour late in the summer but didnt get a look in, he is not even close to been ready.

Then we are genuine fucked.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

I still think Danilo will be good enough to replace him , wont get as many crosses into the box , but hes a decent enough replacement.

As for Mendy - he wants to stop his tweets whilst hes injured..no ones in the mood to read his humour when hes fucked.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 pm

why is thread title not "bendy on the mendy"?? it just feels unfinished!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:25 pm

According to Talkspite he could be out for the season. How would they know that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I still think Danilo will be good enough to replace him , wont get as many crosses into the box , but hes a decent enough replacement.

As for Mendy - he wants to stop his tweets whilst hes injured..no ones in the mood to read his humour when hes fucked.

Danilo will be fine. He may well be better at the defending part. The problem will be when/if he is required elsewhere.
South Stand Balti

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:According to Talkspite he could be out for the season. How would they know that.

Wishful thinking SSB.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:According to Talkspite he could be out for the season. How would they know that.

City Chief on twitter posted earlier:
"A City source has told City fan @MCFC_91 yesterday that Benjamin Mendy is out for the rest of the season with cruciate ligament injury."
That's the only mention I've come across.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Seen on crutches at the ground. Talk he'd gone to Barcelona for scan/ treatment clearly wide of the mark. Lengthy lay off seems likely but talk of cruciate v premature.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Then again he 'could' not.

He 'could' do anything.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Word is City fearing the worst and already looking at signing another LB in January !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 pm

don't write him off yet ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby bigblue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Hoping it's all a precaution, and will turn out to be weeks rather than months.

In the meantime, pray for #sharkteam
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Pep gave a different view after the game, saying the injury is like Gundo's and he will look to buy in January. I don't think bandy Mandy will be seen again for some time. Apparently we have Delph, Danilo and Zinchemko as cover.
South Stand Balti

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Pep gave a different view after the game, saying the injury is like Gundo's and he will look to buy in January. I don't think bandy Mandy will be seen again for some time. Apparently we have Delph, Danilo and Zinchemko as cover.

what he is reported to have said is a little different from that -

note the conditional - let's try and look on the bright side for now
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Pep gave a different view after the game, saying the injury is like Gundo's and he will look to buy in January. I don't think bandy Mandy will be seen again for some time. Apparently we have Delph, Danilo and Zinchemko as cover.

Fingers crossed but the journo asked Pep if Mamdy's absence would be measured in months and Pep nodded. It does seem though that they don't really know the extent of the injury yet. If Pep didn't have a mate in Barcelona would our medical staff not be capable of diagnosing. Seems odd.
South Stand Balti

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:56 pm

was impressed and glad, as anyone, to watch how good Delph was tonight and how prompt to step up to the plate.

but, I am also fuming at this fucking, brutal JINX this great Club has imprinted in his glorious and troubled dna!!!
naturally, where a major blow has to hit at? of course, the most crucial role for making Pep's football complete and fully effective, which also happens, not by misfortune here, to be the one where the shortage has been blatantly obvious for years now.
Indeed it was never going to happen to the playmakers depth where we enjoy a world class galore!

WTF! WTF! WTF!
fingers crossed as much as we want, but a twisted knee is always a long period enjury, either when bad or, hopefully, light. Recovery, must always take additional precautionary and bla... bla... bla...

Also if I may, and even if I may not... this Barcelona thing (read ridicolous obsession) is seriously doing on my head.
Call me a racist, because I am bordering to, but this fact that now Barcelona, a place that take 2 centuries to build a cathedral, all of the suddend become the bechmark of all sciences is........................... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Swales4ever wrote:was impressed and glad, as anyone, to watch how good Delph was tonight and how prompt to step up to the plate.

but, I am also fuming at this fucking, brutal JINX this great Club has imprinted in his glorious and troubled dna!!!
naturally, where a major blow has to hit at? of course, the most crucial role for making Pep's football complete and fully effective, which also happens, not by misfortune here, to be the one where the shortage has been blatantly obvious for years now.
Indeed it was never going to happen to the playmakers depth where we enjoy a world class galore!

WTF! WTF! WTF!
fingers crossed as much as we want, but a twisted knee is always a long period enjury, either when bad or, hopefully, light. Recovery, must always take additional precautionary and bla... bla... bla...

Also if I may, and even if I may not... this Barcelona thing (read ridicolous obsession) is seriously doing on my head.
Call me a racist, because I am bordering to, but this fact that now Barcelona, a place that take 2 centuries to build a cathedral, all of the suddend become the bechmark of all sciences is........................... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fret not yet friend
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Fingers crossed but the journo asked Pep if Mamdy's absence would be measured in months and Pep nodded. It does seem though that they don't really know the extent of the injury yet. If Pep didn't have a mate in Barcelona would our medical staff not be capable of diagnosing. Seems odd.

Apparently Ben had a cruciate ligament in 15/16 and missed 13 games
Anyone know which knee he injured last time?
it looked tonight like his right leg had a brace on and my recollection of the injury was his right leg was injured and he was hopping on his left leg. I wondered if it could be the same knee?
Edit: yes just checked YouTube and he definitely injured his right knee this time.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 am

Not so much a jinx. Just tackling/fouling along the wing with the wrong leg. You put your right knee at right angles to any running opponent. Done exactly the same 30 odd years ago. Knee ligaments, bout six weeks out I think.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum