Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm

s1ty m wrote:He has a great skill of passing a ball he receives without having to control it first. This helps our forward momentum. It was noticeable against The Rags, in particular.

Kolarov was the same, but slightly better.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 pm

I would dearly love if he came back and proved how good he is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:31 pm

sheblue wrote:I would dearly love if he came back and proved how good he is.

Same. He cost us a fair amount and has seemed decent in glimpses. Would be good if he could get his head down. He's still only 24, I can't even remember what I was doing when I was 24!
Then he can do whatever off the pitch I could care less.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 am

Mendy and Sane need to find a way to work together. They look like a car crash when they are both on the left making similar runs and getting in each others way. Mendy is crap at being inverted as he doesn't possess that deft touch, vision and passing range of Delph or zinchenko. Mendys main attribute is pace, 90 minute engine, his runs and his crossing. Which counteracts Sane, I don't know what the answer is but I would like Pep to find it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am

Wonderwall wrote:Mendy and Sane need to find a way to work together. They look like a car crash when they are both on the left making similar runs and getting in each others way. Mendy is crap at being inverted as he doesn't possess that deft touch, vision and passing range of Delph or zinchenko. Mendys main attribute is pace, 90 minute engine, his runs and his crossing. Which counteracts Sane, I don't know what the answer is but I would like Pep to find it.

if playing mendy means dropping sane, i know what the answer is...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am

Wonderwall wrote:Mendy and Sane need to find a way to work together. They look like a car crash when they are both on the left making similar runs and getting in each others way. Mendy is crap at being inverted as he doesn't possess that deft touch, vision and passing range of Delph or zinchenko. Mendys main attribute is pace, 90 minute engine, his runs and his crossing. Which counteracts Sane, I don't know what the answer is but I would like Pep to find it.

They looked good together against Burnley, that was the first sign that they were starting to build an understanding, Mendy assisted Sane for his goal in that one.

The next one against Southampton it was notable that Mendy wasn't getting forward as much, leaving the wing to Sane.

They can play together but like anything it will take time to work out the kinks.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Mendy is very good at slinging in dangerous crosses first time.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 pm

blues2win wrote:Mendy is very good at slinging in dangerous crosses first time.

Only when he's not tweeting.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

patrickblue wrote:

which is most of the time
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I've had a look at his tweets, there's one there where he's retweeted a video that was on City's OS.

The last tweets before that were from the Liverpool game, going back to xmas eve before we find another tweet from him.

When you say most of the time how is most defined?

I'll ask again, even though I know I won't get an answer again, do you follow him on Twitter?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I've had a look at his tweets, there's one there where he's retweeted a video that was on City's OS.

The last tweets before that were from the Liverpool game, going back to xmas eve before we find another tweet from him.

I'll ask again, even though I know I won't get an answer again, do you follow him on Twitter?

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

:lol:

Just trying to separate fact from fiction.

It seems to me Mendy's crimes are getting injured and gaining popularity, with some, with a few funny tweets.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

I just can't believe people are arguing about Twitter when we really need to be arguing about how much of a waste of money Mehrez was!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 am

Mase wrote:I just can't believe people are arguing about Twitter when we really need to be arguing about how much of a waste of money Mehrez was!

That's a matter of opinion, mine is he still has a long way to go to justify the money paid.

Back to Mendy, there seems to be a myth building about him, and he is being harshly criticised on the back of that myth.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 am

Mase wrote:I just can't believe people are arguing about Twitter when we really need to be arguing about how much of a waste of money Mehrez was!

That's a matter of opinion, mine is he still has a long way to go to justify the money paid.

Back to Mendy, there seems to be a myth building about him, and he is being harshly criticised on the back of that myth.

what myth? the one that he's never fit and when he's not playing, he always seems to be dicking around? why was he prancing around on the pitch in his white jeans and orange puffa jacket the other week? where were the other players who weren't part of the squad? as a life long blue, i am sure foden was far more pleased to have beaten the dippers than mendy was but he wasn't running onto the pitch was he? same with the time that he pelted it down the touchline on his crutches to celebrate a goal. i see it as unprofessional. i want him to be 100% focused on getting, and more importantly staying, fit rather than trying to build up his social media following.

oh, and meh!rez is shit.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:54 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

what myth? the one that he's never fit and when he's not playing, he always seems to be dicking around? why was he prancing around on the pitch in his white jeans and orange puffa jacket the other week? where were the other players who weren't part of the squad? as a life long blue, i am sure foden was far more pleased to have beaten the dippers than mendy was but he wasn't running onto the pitch was he? same with the time that he pelted it down the touchline on his crutches to celebrate a goal. i see it as unprofessional. i want him to be 100% focused on getting, and more importantly staying, fit rather than trying to build up his social media following.

oh, and meh!rez is shit.

The myth that says he spends most of his time on Twitter.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am

Good man Ben, just concentrate on getting fit, staying fit and playing football.
Leave the circus stuff to the clowns.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

oh, and meh!rez is shit.

Hes always on Twitter...or did those thousands and thousands of tweets come from someone else ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes always on Twitter...or did those thousands and thousands of tweets come from someone else ?

Mehrez went on his phone and did them. Bastard!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

oh, and meh!rez is shit.

Hes always on Twitter...or did those thousands and thousands of tweets come from someone else ?

Can't remember where I read it, but someone said most pro athletes don't run their own social media. There are actual companies out their now that do it. We know that Stones doesn't manage his own social media. Both him and Cahill have the same person managing their social media. There was that screw up a couple of seasons ago when a post on Stones instagram was meant for Cahill's after a Chelsea win.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum