Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I hope the other players in the locker room are getting tired of his antics. Maybe that will finally teach him to buckle down, work hard, and concentrate on being able to...ya know...play football.

Because ya know, we have any idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Do you not think that the fact Pep is being asked during a presser where Mendy is and he's made to look like a dick is a distraction itself?

You might as well boil your head Mase...FIBD is a Mendy licker and will back his corner till he runs his contract down.

It's not a case of backing his corner, I'm just trying to be fair to the lad and not getting angry about irrelevant shit just because he's injured.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I hope the other players in the locker room are getting tired of his antics. Maybe that will finally teach him to buckle down, work hard, and concentrate on being able to...ya know...play football.

Do you not think that the fact Pep is being asked during a presser where Mendy is and he's made to look like a dick is a distraction itself?

The only person that looked a dick there was the journalist who asked the question.

Enough Benjamin Mendy should cut back on social media, says former Manchester City captain Richard Dunne

Mendy has been plagued by knee injuries since joining City in 2017, but has always been active on Twitter and Instagram
By Jake Bacon
13th March 2019, 12:16 pm

Former Manchester City captain Richard Dunne believes Benjamin Mendy should spend less time on social media.

Knee injuries have restricted the Frenchman to just 20 appearances since joining City in a £52million deal from Monaco in 2017.

During that time, Mendy has been very active on Twitter and Instagram, making him a fans’ favourite at the Etihad.

But Dunne, who made 352 appearances for City between 2000 and 2009, wants the left-back to focus on his football.

He told grandnational.org.uk: “[Paul] Pogba was on social media all the time earlier this season and wasn’t playing well.
LIVE on talkSPORT

“Like Mendy, it’s great having a laugh but make sure you’re contributing to the success of the club and not just feeding off of it.

“Make sure you’re doing your job before you’re posting anything.

“It’s a bit of distraction, and something the manager could do without.”

Mendy’s injury problems will reportedly force City boss Pep Guardiola to seek a replacement in the summer transfer window.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

The only person that looked a dick there was the journalist who asked the question.

Enough Benjamin Mendy should cut back on social media, says former Manchester City captain Richard Dunne

Mendy has been plagued by knee injuries since joining City in 2017, but has always been active on Twitter and Instagram
By Jake Bacon
13th March 2019, 12:16 pm

Former Manchester City captain Richard Dunne believes Benjamin Mendy should spend less time on social media.

Knee injuries have restricted the Frenchman to just 20 appearances since joining City in a £52million deal from Monaco in 2017.

During that time, Mendy has been very active on Twitter and Instagram, making him a fans’ favourite at the Etihad.

But Dunne, who made 352 appearances for City between 2000 and 2009, wants the left-back to focus on his football.

He told grandnational.org.uk: “[Paul] Pogba was on social media all the time earlier this season and wasn’t playing well.
LIVE on talkSPORT

“Like Mendy, it’s great having a laugh but make sure you’re contributing to the success of the club and not just feeding off of it.

“Make sure you’re doing your job before you’re posting anything.

“It’s a bit of distraction, and something the manager could do without.”

Mendy’s injury problems will reportedly force City boss Pep Guardiola to seek a replacement in the summer transfer window.

So why is it only Mendy that gets stick for it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:00 pm

I couldn't give a fuck about anyone else in another team - When you are injured you should keep a low profile and focus on getting better,,,,,and if you are not going to be low profile then ensure your time out is productive to the City cause......being the village idiot is not helping the cause..it will probably create resentment to the rest of the hard working staff.

Kompany is a prime example of how to behave when injured.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I couldn't give a fuck about anyone else in another team - When you are injured you should keep a low profile and focus on getting better,,,,,and if you are not going to be low profile then ensure your time out is productive to the City cause......being the village idiot is not helping the cause..it will probably create resentment to the rest of the hard working staff.

I'm not talking about anyone else in another team, I'm talking about Sterling and Walker.

None of us have the slightest idea how focussed he is when training or what goes on in the dressing room, we need to stop pretending we do.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I couldn't give a fuck about anyone else in another team - When you are injured you should keep a low profile and focus on getting better,,,,,and if you are not going to be low profile then ensure your time out is productive to the City cause......being the village idiot is not helping the cause..it will probably create resentment to the rest of the hard working staff.

I'm not talking about anyone else in another team, I'm talking about Sterling and Walker.

None of us have the slightest idea how focussed he is when training or what goes on in the dressing room, we need to stop pretending we do.

I have just given you 3 facts as to why hes getting on fans fuckign tits...noone is pretending anything.

When you are playing like a star you can fuckign Tweat/insta whatever you want.

P.s Mendy isn't even training so you are quite right.....we have no idea how focused he is.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I have just given you 3 facts as to why hes getting on fans fuckign tits...noone is pretending anything.

When you are playing like a star you can fuckign Tweat/insta whatever you want.

P.s Mendy isn't even training so you are quite right.....we have no idea how focused he is.

He was training the day before the Watford game, I assume it's just the strength and conditioning part he's doing because we fucked up rushing him back too early causing him to aggravate his injury again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Back training again by all accounts. We might see him play again this season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:52 pm

sheblue wrote:Back training again by all accounts. We might see him play again this season.

He’ll play a big game, we will win, he will post a load of shit on social media and then go missing for the remainder of the season.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Back training again by all accounts. We might see him play again this season.

He’ll play a big game, we will win, he will post a load of shit on social media and then go missing for the remainder of the season.

Do we have a game for him on April 1st? ;)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:37 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

It's got 6th April written all over that....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:57 pm

Mendy there with the other rehabs - no Delph tho'

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 am

Read that as retards first......

Bonus to get him back for the run-in if we can get him on the pitch he will be a boost for the chumps league
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Probably that midweek one vs Cardiff and then we wont see him again all season
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:38 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Probably that midweek one vs Cardiff and then we wont see him again all season

But no doubt we will hear from him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:58 pm

More Tweets than minutes. Would be good to see him have a run of games......

Next season cause Zinch has this one covered.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 am

Even I’ve grown dissallusioned with him by now. Admitting I was wrong.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 am

Glad to see him back. Great news.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:46 am

Hopefully he stays fit and can contribute to the end of season run in. Even if he just puts one cross in that we score from and beat Liverpool to the title.
Last edited by Mase on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Mase wrote:Hopefully he stays fit and can contribute to the end of season run in. Even if he just puts on cross in that we score from and beat Liverpool to the title.

Would that be a cross to Mahrez by any chance?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum