stat attack!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stat attack!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Chinners wrote:Agüero has more goals (13) in 2018 than Alexis Sánchez, Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Pogba together (12)


That's hardly fair Chinners.

Comparing Sergio to that lot of plodders, is like comparing a Maserati to a push bike.

You can't blame the SCUM's 'Magnificent 7' you've just quoted, for being absolute third raters. ;) ;) ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7903
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: stat attack!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Chinners wrote:Agüero has more goals (13) in 2018 than Alexis Sánchez, Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Pogba together (12)


The key is to slate him, to write him off, as he always seems to spark into life just as the criticism of him gains momentum.
Foreverinbluedreams
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6956
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: stat attack!

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Chinners wrote:Agüero has more goals (13) in 2018 than Alexis Sánchez, Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Pogba together (12)


The key is to slate him, to write him off, as he always seems to spark into life just as the criticism of him gains momentum.


This is true!
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14488
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: stat attack!

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Whilst we are all having a little break from the Premier league and concentrating on the CL and trying to win our 1st pot of the season, I had a look at our current points total and how that would have reflected in other Premier League seasons.

Currently 72pts, with 11 games still remaining and 33pts to be fought over;
Our current total would have seen us finish in the top six in every sesason since the Prem began in 1993.

In the 25 previous seasons, we would have already finished as high as;
6th twice; 1995 & last season.
5th twice; 2008, 2014.
4th ten times; 1994, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015.
3rd seven times; 1993, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2012.
2nd four times; 1997, 2001, 2011, 2016.

Consider too that our current points would total leave us in a higher position that any City team from 1993 until 2011 and higher than the recent 2016 season.

It is no wonder that our current league record scares the old order shitless. With 11 games and 33pts still to be won. That is pretty impressive.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
1936-37..........P 28.....W 11.....D 10.....L 7..........F 58 - A 47.....GD (11).....43Pts..........Charlton Athletic 1-1 City
1967-68..........P 28.....W 16.....D 5.....L7..........F 60 - A 32.....GD (28).....53Pts..........City 1-0 Sunderland
2011-2012..........P 28.....W21.....D 3.....L 4.....F 69 - A 20.....GD (49).....66Pts..........Swansea 0-1 City
2013-2014..........P 28.....W 20.....D 3.....L 5.....F 76 - A 27.....GD (49).....63Pts..........City 5-0 Fulham
2017-18.....P 27.....W 23.....D 3.....L 1.....F 79 - A 20.....GD (59).....72Pts..........Next.....Arsenal v City

(The points totals for seasons 1936-37 & 1967-68 have been modified to 3pts for a win for better comparison)
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14051
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: stat attack!

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Good stuff. Points make prizes as Brucie used to say. It's all very well Arsenals invincible bollox but they drew 12 of those games. You could go unbeaten all season and get relegated with 38-40 points at the end of the day
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14488
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: stat attack!

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:46 pm

john68 wrote:Whilst we are all having a little break from the Premier league and concentrating on the CL and trying to win our 1st pot of the season, I had a look at our current points total and how that would have reflected in other Premier League seasons.

Currently 72pts, with 11 games still remaining and 33pts to be fought over;
Our current total would have seen us finish in the top six in every sesason since the Prem began in 1993.

In the 25 previous seasons, we would have already finished as high as;
6th twice; 1995 & last season.
5th twice; 2008, 2014.
4th ten times; 1994, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015.
3rd seven times; 1993, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2012.
2nd four times; 1997, 2001, 2011, 2016.

Consider too that our current points would total leave us in a higher position that any City team from 1993 until 2011 and higher than the recent 2016 season.

It is no wonder that our current league record scares the old order shitless. With 11 games and 33pts still to be won. That is pretty impressive.



Wow... and we don't look like slowing down too much either.

Ive posted a few times now on the other clubs shitting it, i think we are underestimating exactly how messy their pants are getting.

For the clubs with the bigger 'egos' we are making them look like chumps
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
brite blu sky
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: stat attack!

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 pm

I meant to add; that in 1996-97, just another 3pts added to our current total would have seen us as champions.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
1936-37..........P 28.....W 11.....D 10.....L 7..........F 58 - A 47.....GD (11).....43Pts..........Charlton Athletic 1-1 City
1967-68..........P 28.....W 16.....D 5.....L7..........F 60 - A 32.....GD (28).....53Pts..........City 1-0 Sunderland
2011-2012..........P 28.....W21.....D 3.....L 4.....F 69 - A 20.....GD (49).....66Pts..........Swansea 0-1 City
2013-2014..........P 28.....W 20.....D 3.....L 5.....F 76 - A 27.....GD (49).....63Pts..........City 5-0 Fulham
2017-18.....P 27.....W 23.....D 3.....L 1.....F 79 - A 20.....GD (59).....72Pts..........Next.....Arsenal v City

(The points totals for seasons 1936-37 & 1967-68 have been modified to 3pts for a win for better comparison)
User avatar
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14051
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: stat attack!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

john68 wrote:I meant to add; that in 1996-97, just another 3pts added to our current total would have seen us as champions.


but the quality of the premier league isn't the same without roy keane style midfielders these days....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11628
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayrshireblue, Dubciteh, Duckman, Google Feedfetcher, ian494, iwasthere2012, johnnyondioline, Jonty22, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, Michigan Blue, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, sheblue, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti, steelsnail, Yukscore and 69 guests