stat attack!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stat attack!

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Scatman wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else....

First team to win 3 league games on the bounce 5-0 nil or more in English top flight since 1958/59 season

Did Liverpool not do it a couple of years ago when they won the league?

MOTD spin on it was we were the first team to do it in the Prem (instead of 58 years)

Sorry scatman, I missed the cheeky irony of your reply :lol:

Although to be fair, that wasn't a bad spin as it was the "first team ever".
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:40 pm

phips wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:6 league games in...

kun 6 goals - one every 78 mins
raheem 5 / 59 mins
jesus 4 / 82 mins
sane 3 / 78 mins

Basically people crying about Sterling being shit know little about football.

racists mate. simple as.

Lol. I have a lot of friends who certainly aren't racist but seem to think raheem is pants. It's a case of being blinded by the media agendas against him for daring to leave the dippers.

The boy is very talented and improving.

im not racist and i think Sterling isn't all that good. id be happy for him to go to Arsenal.
its been years and he has yet to improve his finishing. those easy tap-ins today dont count. whenever he gets inside the box he looks clueless--either stumbles over his feet, dives, hits a horrible shot, or messes up some other way.

in a side with the quality like we have and the ambitions we have he currently has no place.
id love for him to prove me wrong every week and improve but I've yet to see anything from him since he arrived and i haven't really seen much improvement in the key areas of his game since he broke into the liverpool side.

Yeah he's clearly shit.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm

PMSL

Anyone who thinks sterling is shit is fucking stupid.

Improving season on season. Getting rid of one of the most talented young players in europe would be tragic.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm

After 6 games we have 21 PL goals.

In Cardiffs sole season in the PL they scored 22 in 38 games.

But of course, our defence is always the problem
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

[/quote]
This must be fake news, the real Messi isn't there.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:After 6 games we have 21 PL goals.

it was 32
5 of those were against us!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:After 6 games we have 21 PL goals.

it was 32
5 of those were against us!

Stand corrected. My bad for believing the BBC website. Just looked it up and noticed Norwich went down that with 28.

Shocking how nearly a sixth of all goals Cardiff scored that season were against us
nottsblue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:PMSL

Improving season on season. Getting rid of one of the most talented young players in europe would be tragic.

The attitude towards Sterling drives me mad. Yes he isn't Lionel Messi , we all know that. He doesn't have his fabulous first touch , amazing dribbling,passing and finishing skills and I wouldnt put him in the world class category.

But he is always a threat to any defence with his excellent movement and pace. He makes space for others with this movement. He takes people on and although he doesn't always succeed ( who does) when he does he makes things happen even if his final ball isn't always perfect. He doesnt get credit for so much of the good he brings to the team because all some idiots remember is the chance he might have missed or a bit of mis control. Add to all that the media persecution which some morons have in their head and you get a quality young player being unfairly criticised.

Did I reall read somewhwre that the goals against Palace hardly count as they were just tap ins! Did you see where Sterling was as De Bruyne was about to chip the ball for Aguero's run! Way outside the area level with Kevin but he made the fantastic run to be in the right place at the right time.

Some moron chose to ring TalkShite today saying he was a City fan but Sterling is shite and the sooner he goes the better! Why the hell would anyone alleging to be a City fan ring and say that? Bad enough , if he is a City fan, to think it but why the hell ring a national radio station to spout it!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

The attitude towards Sterling drives me mad. Yes he isn't Lionel Messi , we all know that. He doesn't have his fabulous first touch , amazing dribbling,passing and finishing skills and I wouldnt put him in the world class category.

But he is always a threat to any defence with his excellent movement and pace. He makes space for others with this movement. He takes people on and although he doesn't always succeed ( who does) when he does he makes things happen even if his final ball isn't always perfect. He doesnt get credit for so much of the good he brings to the team because all some idiots remember is the chance he might have missed or a bit of mis control. Add to all that the media persecution which some morons have in their head and you get a quality young player being unfairly criticised.

Did I reall read somewhwre that the goals against Palace hardly count as they were just tap ins! Did you see where Sterling was as De Bruyne was about to chip the ball for Aguero's run! Way outside the area level with Kevin but he made the fantastic run to be in the right place at the right time.

Some moron chose to ring TalkShite today saying he was a City fan but Sterling is shite and the sooner he goes the better! Why the hell would anyone alleging to be a City fan ring and say that? Bad enough , if he is a City fan, to think it but why the hell ring a national radio station to spout it!

I have an idea which poster said tap ins don't really count Doug, so let's disregard that little nugget immediately.

You're bang on, of course. Having different weapons available and players that can drag defences apart in order to create space is vital.

Add that to his goals and assists over the last year and you have the real answer.

Some people watch every week and have obviously learned nothing
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Agree with this assessment.
nottsblue

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm

tbh, I wasnt much impressed when we signed what I thought was just a good English prospect for that fee.

since the slating Raz got at Euro 2016 my love for the lad has grown by the day.
since Pep has started working on him, there has been no doubt on my mind that the good lad was worth every penny.

great post, as usual, mr. H.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 pm

It's mental how certain people on here get the "great post" often when making the exact same comments that other people make week in week out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Mase wrote:It's mental how certain people on here get the "great post" often when making the exact same comments that other people make week in week out.

great post!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Mase wrote:It's mental how certain people on here get the "great post" often when making the exact same comments that other people make week in week out.

Great post !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Great post Mase
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Great post Mase
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks all.

I assume you didn't read my actual post and just looked at my name and posted "great post". I think that's how it's done around here, no?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

great post!

Great post NT!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

great post!

Fantastic post. I haven't actually read what you've put but I agree 100%

I couldn't have actually said it better myself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

great post!

Fantastic post. I haven't actually read what you've put but I agree 100%

I couldn't have actually said it better myself.

agree with this assessment
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum