***city v shakhtar official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v shakhtar official cl match thread***

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 am

Perfect build up to the weekend. Played. Decent possession based outfit with good energy. Managed to step it up and not concede in the process.

Timely reminder for the players that tougher tests are out there. Hopefully they will be better prepared for chavs, rather than coming form a white wash against a shite palace side.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

Getting concerned about these slow starts again, it was an issue in our first few games this season and it's creeping back in over the last couple.

Credit Pep for them substitutions though, Sterling coming on shored up that right side where they looked dangerous in the first half, good to see Gundogan on and looking sharp too and what an impact from Bernardo, great pressing and movement, just one pass in his brief time on the pitch and that was to set up the goal that sealed it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 am

london blue 2 wrote:Perfect build up to the weekend. Played. Decent possession based outfit with good energy. Managed to step it up and not concede in the process.

Timely reminder for the players that tougher tests are out there. Hopefully they will be better prepared for chavs, rather than coming form a white wash against a shite palace side.

it was good to see a proper game of football for a change. find the 10 men behind the ball games in the premier league boring.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Getting concerned about these slow starts again, it was an issue in our first few games this season and it's creeping back in over the last couple.

Credit Pep for them substitutions though, Sterling coming on shored up that right side where they looked dangerous in the first half, good to see Gundogan on and looking sharp too and what an impact from Bernardo, great pressing and movement, just one pass in his brief time on the pitch and that was to set up the goal that sealed it.

Get your point but the game is two halves and 90 odd minutes. The way we stretch teams and make them work, teams will naturally tire as the game progresses. Patience, especially against bus parkers is going to be crucial for us going forward. Teams just aren't going to come out and play, especially at the Etihad.

As you say, substitutions could well be key not only in rotation but in having fresh legs and different skills to unlock stubborn defences.

Not worried by slow starts, more so by missed sitters
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Getting concerned about these slow starts again, it was an issue in our first few games this season and it's creeping back in over the last couple.

Get your point but the game is two halves and 90 odd minutes. The way we stretch teams and make them work, teams will naturally tire as the game progresses. Patience, especially against bus parkers is going to be crucial for us going forward. Teams just aren't going to come out and play, especially at the Etihad.

As you say, substitutions could well be key not only in rotation but in having fresh legs and different skills to unlock stubborn defences.

Not worried by slow starts, more so by missed sitters

IMO we should have slowed down earlier on in that first half , or at least until we got our passing act together - so many balls bounced off our players that I lost count.

Having said all that Shaktar were fucked in the second half as we wore them down, we looked so much fitter than them in the second half - they couldn't cope.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm

There were 45,310 attendees last night. Not too bad.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:There were 45,310 attendees last night. Not too bad.

More importantly , there were 45.310 Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos.

So happy we have not bowed down to PeP on this issue - he should now just refrain from asking us to stop...as it ain't gonna happen .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

So happy we have not bowed down to PeP on this issue - he should now just refrain from asking us to stop...as it ain't gonna happen .

I booooed at the TV. Did you?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I booooed at the TV. Did you?

I fucking did mate...it was fucking loud as well.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:19 pm

The pace from Sterling here is ridiculous

https://streamable.com/8zjyf
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The pace from Sterling here is ridiculous

Some people dont realize that to be in the exact spot at the right time is an art - some players just do not have that instinct - Sterling does though.He will always be hit and miss in front of goal IMO but seeing as he will be there to have a shot,more often than not , in the first place , he will have more than enough chances...hence his assists and goals to date.

PeP uses him perfectly as in minutes per game etc.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The pace from Sterling here is ridiculous

Some people dont realize that to be in the exact spot at the right time is an art - some players just do not have that instinct - Sterling does though.He will always be hit and miss in front of goal IMO but seeing as he will be there to have a shot,more often than not , in the first place , he will have more than enough chances...hence his assists and goals to date.

PeP uses him perfectly as in minutes per game etc.

Don't forget the run and pace of Sane as well. He goes about 50 yards and take 2 defenders with him to allow Raheem to have the space. Definitely a Pep move to have the runners cross like that.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:12 pm

not on his best day (as anyone else!)? sure!
I don't think I ever saw such thing as Aguero's poor movement, so far this seanson.
and I am one of the few who have been thought that was only Serge problem, until Pep fixed it.

again, a poor day at the office for each of our striking lads, in a game versus a competent, well set opponent that could well have been ended with a 4/5 to nil scoreline with just a little different roll of the dices. (read Kdb, Sane and Sterling shots, the commies keeper very fine save on Sergio assisted by Dave and a couple of more pennos not awarded)
can live with all that poor. comfortably

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum