TV money

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: TV money

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 am

Mase wrote:As I mentioned above, these turds voted for FFP. So they can get fucked now if they think we won't try and screw them like they tried to do us.

Because they voted for FFP, they have screwed themselves. We don't need to do anything.

Look at Everton. They finally get a rich owner and they can't spend any money due to the rules they themselves voted in specifically to stop us spending. Now they want to do it and they can't. It is very amusing.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:17 am

Only 50% of the bigger domestic deal is distributed equally and people are putting their hands up because there is a suggestion to "only" distribute 65% of the foreign deal equally.

Am I the only want thinking that equal distribution just means keeping current order as it is? Wigan can over achieve in one year, and is not rewarded financially for it, finds it harder to repeat the run next year. United under achieves, doesnt get affected, give it another run next year. To be honest, I find it hurting competitiveness, not aiding it as being discussed.

I would structure the domestic and foreign deals similarly. 50% equal and 50% on merit. Nothing based on games broadcasting. That one is a farce.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:In life,in business,in almost anything, the most successful usually get the biggest rewards. Meritocracy !!

City ( HHSM ) have invested hugely to break the Sky 4 cartel,to improve the competitiveness of the PL,& to bring elite players & coaches to its benefit & to improve East Manchester.

No other club on the planet has the vision of ours.

If Burnley are more successful than Everton they deserve higher rewards. If we are more successful than Burnley & win the league we should get more than them & those who finished second. Meritocracy !!

Sunderland getting £100m for relegation & failure is what's wrong !!

City should protect their own interests cos we know from recent experience that most others will try to fuck us over.

Manchester - The City of CITY.

wasn't that long ago we were in sunderland's shoes

Beg pardon.

We never enjoyed the money Sunderland have had & WASTED,or been rewarded for failure,mismanagement & incompetence at the same financial level.

Fact.

The reason foreign owners have come in is not to win anything or contribute beneficially,it's to scrape 17th and collect £140 MILLION !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Socrates » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Only 50% of the bigger domestic deal is distributed equally and people are putting their hands up because there is a suggestion to "only" distribute 65% of the foreign deal equally.

Am I the only want thinking that equal distribution just means keeping current order as it is? Wigan can over achieve in one year, and is not rewarded financially for it, finds it harder to repeat the run next year. United under achieves, doesnt get affected, give it another run next year. To be honest, I find it hurting competitiveness, not aiding it as being discussed.

I would structure the domestic and foreign deals similarly. 50% equal and 50% on merit. Nothing based on games broadcasting. That one is a farce.

That's a really powerful case you've made there and I have to agree if every place in the table was worth a significant amount's difference (a simple formula based on 50% of everything would be 14 million per place) it would certainly motivate every club to play hard every game right to the end of the season and could actually increase competitiveness.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Only 50% of the bigger domestic deal is distributed equally and people are putting their hands up because there is a suggestion to "only" distribute 65% of the foreign deal equally.

I thought it was only 33% of the domestic deal that is currently divided equally.

Essentially the proposal is looking for the same to apply to the foreign deal.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:07 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:In life,in business,in almost anything, the most successful usually get the biggest rewards. Meritocracy !!

City ( HHSM ) have invested hugely to break the Sky 4 cartel,to improve the competitiveness of the PL,& to bring elite players & coaches to its benefit & to improve East Manchester.

If Burnley are more successful than Everton they deserve higher rewards. If we are more successful than Burnley & win the league we should get more than them & those who finished second. Meritocracy !!

City should protect their own interests cos we know from recent experience that most others will try to fuck us over.

Beg pardon.

We never enjoyed the money Sunderland have had & WASTED,or been rewarded for failure,mismanagement & incompetence at the same financial level.

Fact.

The reason foreign owners have come in is not to win anything or contribute beneficially,it's to scrape 17th and collect £140 MILLION !!

sorry, you're 100% correct.
I must have imagined the early / mid 2000s when john wardle was lending his own money to the club to keep us afloat.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

Socrates wrote:
That's a really powerful case you've made there and I have to agree if every place in the table was worth a significant amount's difference (a simple formula based on 50% of everything would be 14 million per place) it would certainly motivate every club to play hard every game right to the end of the season and could actually increase competitiveness.

I am a board member in a UAE league club, and believe me league position is something important, specially with those bonus based contracts for players.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
I thought it was only 33% of the domestic deal that is currently divided equally.

As far as I can authenticate online, it is 50% equally, 25% on merit, and 25% facilty fee.

The proposal is nothing similar. It proposes 65% equally and 35% on merit.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

As far as I can authenticate online, it is 50% equally, 25% on merit, and 25% facilty fee.

The proposal is nothing similar. It proposes 65% equally and 35% on merit.

Yep, sorry, you're spot on. Don't know where I got the idea that just 33% was divided equally.

For me, the two deals should be treated equally in terms of how the money is divided up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby littlebig » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am

Don't know the intricacies of current structure and proposed one but my main concern would be the erosion of the competitiveness of the league. There is no league like it in the world (that I know of) where any team can beat any other, long may that continue.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:37 pm

That is my thinking. Have a % of the total pot of revenue (domestic and foreign) that is split equally and the rest split depending on position finished. It rewards teams for finishing higher in the league and if one place in the league is worth millions then it keeps teams playing right up until week 38
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Beg pardon.

Fact.

I must have imagined the early / mid 2000s when john wardle was lending his own money to the club to keep us afloat.

You must have also slept through the bit where we outspent virtually everyone in the late 70s and early 80s. I wish I had.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

Mase wrote:Everyone hates us so fuck it!! West Brom fans and the like booing Sterling last season for no reason? Sound, we'll take all your money then. Wankers.

Don't forger when we pull up the draw-bridge we'll be stuck inside the castle with the scum, the dippers, the tarquins and spuds. Now, that is one fucking stench you wouldn't want in your nostrils.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I am a board member in a UAE league club, and believe me league position is something important, specially with those bonus based contracts for players.

That's what prize money is for - rewarding league finishing position. TV money should be for recognition of league appeal - which once again, isn't down to any one team but all of them. The domestic TV money should also be split 20 ways if we're going to make any changes to anything.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:
Socrates wrote:

That's what prize money is for - rewarding league finishing position. TV money should be for recognition of league appeal - which once again, isn't down to any one team but all of them. The domestic TV money should also be split 20 ways if we're going to make any changes to anything.

Isn't the prize money funded by the UK TV revenue?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Isn't the prize money funded by the UK TV revenue?

Not that I know of. Why would it be? It often gets talked about in the same sentence by the media, maybe that's why you're thinking it?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:Everyone hates us so fuck it!! West Brom fans and the like booing Sterling last season for no reason? Sound, we'll take all your money then. Wankers.

Don't forger when we pull up the draw-bridge we'll be stuck inside the castle with the scum, the dippers, the tarquins and spuds. Now, that is one fucking stench you wouldn't want in your nostrils.

This, in a nutshell.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Beg pardon.

Fact.

Cheers....John not only lent the club money interest free,he sold his shares to Shaskin for less than cost.

John & David Makin should have statues in gold on the forecourt They really saved the club !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Isn't the prize money funded by the UK TV revenue?

Not that I know of. Why would it be? It often gets talked about in the same sentence by the media, maybe that's why you're thinking it?

It actually is. What else would it be?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Isn't the prize money funded by the UK TV revenue?

It actually is. What else would it be?

Premier League revenue in all it's forms - so sponsorship amongst other things.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum