TV money

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: TV money

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

I am not sure if people are confused here. Most people seem to interpret the case as a certain top 6 demanding a bigger share for good.
The actual proposal is to just distribute 35% of the money based on league position. Nothing scandalous in that!

I think it is much fairer than Germany, or in fact Italy, which has a really stupid model, factoring in the city population, club appeal, short history results as well as long history results.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:42 am
Supporter of: The Citizens

Re: TV money

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Chinners wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:It's great that the majority of our supporters are against our club pursuing this. The former 'big 5/6' used to shyte upon us when we were yo-yoing between the divisions and I hate the way we now seem to want to do the same to other clubs.


It changed when Sheikh Mansour saved us mate.

We are now a fabulous sports business winning trophies in style with world class players agin clubs who tried to ridicule & screw us.

Don't feck with The Sheikh. He who laughs last .......!!


Yes, yes it did change, some of it fantastically. Shitting on other clubs thou is a low point for me .... not to you thou by the sounds of it


"Shitting on other clubs".........when,where,how ?

We've recycled 100s of £Millions to scores of clubs home & abroad,large & small.

City have been & will continue to be a force for the good.

CTID.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: TV money

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:It's great that the majority of our supporters are against our club pursuing this. The former 'big 5/6' used to shyte upon us when we were yo-yoing between the divisions and I hate the way we now seem to want to do the same to other clubs.


It changed when Sheikh Mansour saved us mate.

We are now a fabulous sports business winning trophies in style with world class players agin clubs who tried to ridicule & screw us.

Don't feck with The Sheikh. He who laughs last .......!!


Yes, yes it did change, some of it fantastically. Shitting on other clubs thou is a low point for me .... not to you thou by the sounds of it


"Shitting on other clubs".........when,where,how ?

We've recycled 100s of £Millions to scores of clubs home & abroad,large & small.

City have been & will continue to be a force for the good.

CTID.


....Unless we force this through.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: TV money

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


Rag ......behave yourself lad.

Your response seems excitable & emotional & not well reasoned.

You seem not to understand the proposal. Have you actually read it .......and then re read it ?

Rag......home,away & abroad since 1958.


Next you'll be supporting a form of FFP because it suits us now we have a ton of cash in earnings.


Admit it mate .......your losing the debate aren't you.

Is this your reasoned response after reading the proposal. Do you understand it's true effects & actual implications for ALL clubs ?

Clue your self up before you come on here with your ill informed,emotional nonsense & personal insinuations.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: TV money

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


Rag ......behave yourself lad.

Your response seems excitable & emotional & not well reasoned.

You seem not to understand the proposal. Have you actually read it .......and then re read it ?

Rag......home,away & abroad since 1958.


Next you'll be supporting a form of FFP because it suits us now we have a ton of cash in earnings.


Admit it mate .......your losing the debate aren't you.

Is this your reasoned response after reading the proposal. Do you understand it's true effects & actual implications for ALL clubs ?

Clue your self up before you come on here with your ill informed,emotional nonsense & personal insinuations.


wanker.
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10949
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: TV money

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


Rag ......behave yourself lad.

Your response seems excitable & emotional & not well reasoned.

You seem not to understand the proposal. Have you actually read it .......and then re read it ?

Rag......home,away & abroad since 1958.


Next you'll be supporting a form of FFP because it suits us now we have a ton of cash in earnings.


Admit it mate .......your losing the debate aren't you.

Is this your reasoned response after reading the proposal. Do you understand it's true effects & actual implications for ALL clubs ?

Clue your self up before you come on here with your ill informed,emotional nonsense & personal insinuations.


wanker.


Very reasoned......please elaborate.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: TV money

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 pm

Let's not forget that they've just changed the rules on distribution of TV rights and added a historical incentive.

We're not leading the challenge, we're just looking after ourselves.

Certain clubs are putting themselves above all else, but that wouldn't be reported, would it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32753
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: TV money

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Who's the 'Wanker', and why?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32753
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: TV money

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:19 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


Rag ......behave yourself lad.

Your response seems excitable & emotional & not well reasoned.

You seem not to understand the proposal. Have you actually read it .......and then re read it ?

Rag......home,away & abroad since 1958.


Next you'll be supporting a form of FFP because it suits us now we have a ton of cash in earnings.


Admit it mate .......your losing the debate aren't you.

Is this your reasoned response after reading the proposal. Do you understand it's true effects & actual implications for ALL clubs ?

Clue your self up before you come on here with your ill informed,emotional nonsense & personal insinuations.


I recognise greed. It's neither ill informed nor emotional.
And as it happens I think you should get clued up on its implications and effects for all clubs. We have seen for many years what they are when bigger clubs take a larger slice of the pie.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: TV money

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


Rag ......behave yourself lad.

Your response seems excitable & emotional & not well reasoned.

You seem not to understand the proposal. Have you actually read it .......and then re read it ?

Rag......home,away & abroad since 1958.


Next you'll be supporting a form of FFP because it suits us now we have a ton of cash in earnings.


Admit it mate .......your losing the debate aren't you.

Is this your reasoned response after reading the proposal. Do you understand it's true effects & actual implications for ALL clubs ?

Clue your self up before you come on here with your ill informed,emotional nonsense & personal insinuations.


I recognise greed. It's neither ill informed nor emotional.
And as it happens I think you should get clued up on its implications and effects for all clubs. We have seen for many years what they are when bigger clubs take a larger slice of the pie.


No emotion......??

You should re read your posts as well as the proposed changes.

Non as blind as those who choose not to see....or understand !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: TV money

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Who's the 'Wanker', and why?


It's taking time to get an answer.....there are 2 questions in there though.

Perhaps he's thinking of why he made the statement in the first place ?

One thing at a time eh.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: TV money

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:29 am

Well there you go. I think you are blind, maybe you do understand and are merely making excuses for naked greed.
And you do it in such a patronising manner too. Re-read your posts if you like. I wouldn't bother though, they're quite wanker ish.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: TV money

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:36 am

Going back to the opening post and the suggestion that we are at the forefront of this. I came across this when searching what exactly the 'facility fee' is for.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/databl ... -liverpool


Premier League broadcasting revenue: how is it distributed?
Liverpool are calling for overseas broadcasting deals to be changed. How much is each club receiving and what is the ratio between top to bottom earning clubs?

The debate over the Premier League broadcasting deal was heightened last night after Liverpool called for overseas rights to be sold on a club-by-club basis.

Liverpool follow clubs such as Manchester United in arguing against the traditional English clubs' broadcasting deal. Andy Hunter writes:

Liverpool's managing director, Ian Ayre, has insisted the break-up of the established broadcasting deal, worth £3.2bn in total to all Premier League clubs for 2010-13, is "a debate that has to happen" with the Anfield club in favour of the Spanish model that allows Barcelona and Real Madrid to negotiate individual contracts that dwarf their domestic and European rivals.

The English broadcast income for clubs is generated in three parts: 50% shared between the 20 clubs equally, 25% in facility fees and 25% in merit payments which depend upon where a club finish in the league table. Facility fees are paid to each club every time their matches are shown on UK television, with each club being guaranteed a minimum of ten fees.

The overseas broadcasting income is shared in equal measures by all the Premier League clubs. A belief that the bigger clubs will earn more by arranging their own overseas deals has driven some of the Premier League clubs to push for the collective deal to be abandoned when it ends in 2013.

The ratio of top top to bottom-earning clubs has also dropped since last season - from 1.66:1 to 1.54:1. This shows how the Premier League distributes broadcasting income in a far more equitable way than other top European leagues. In comparison the ratio is 12.5:1 for La Liga and 10:1 for Serie A. The graphic above shows how large the gap in the ratio is between the Premier League and other European leagues.

The table below shows the total broadcasting payments for the Premier League during the 2010/11 season. The domestic payments consist of the equal share, facility fees and merit payment. The overseas payment and overall total are also shown.

---------------

Click on link to see graphs and data.
Foreverinbluedreams
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: TV money

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well there you go. I think you are blind, maybe you do understand and are merely making excuses for naked greed.
And you do it in such a patronising manner too. Re-read your posts if you like. I wouldn't bother though, they're quite wanker ish.


imagine sitting next to him on match day...
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10949
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: TV money

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The English broadcast income for clubs is generated in three parts: 50% shared between the 20 clubs equally, 25% in facility fees and 25% in merit payments which depend upon where a club finish in the league table. Facility fees are paid to each club every time their matches are shown on UK television, with each club being guaranteed a minimum of ten fees.

The overseas broadcasting income is shared in equal measures by all the Premier League clubs. A belief that the bigger clubs will earn more by arranging their own overseas deals has driven some of the Premier League clubs to push for the collective deal to be abandoned when it ends in 2013.

Is the facility fee split between the home and away club evenly, or does it all go to the home club (who provides the 'facilities')? That's not really clear from the article.

Surely, as all Prem games are shown in large portions of the world, a breakdown such as this for the foreign deal would lead to 75% being distributed evenly, and 25% being performance-based for many markets? This is something I'd be fine with.

I've got to say, the way Abu Dhabi has explained it makes me see a different light on the matter. If a (minority) proportion of the TV money is put into a prize money pot, and then called 'prize money' instead of 'TV money', it somehow feels different and fairer to be awarded based on performance. I don't know why this is, it just does.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
User avatar
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8522
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: TV money

Postby Chinners » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:47 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:It's great that the majority of our supporters are against our club pursuing this. The former 'big 5/6' used to shyte upon us when we were yo-yoing between the divisions and I hate the way we now seem to want to do the same to other clubs.


It changed when Sheikh Mansour saved us mate.

We are now a fabulous sports business winning trophies in style with world class players agin clubs who tried to ridicule & screw us.

Don't feck with The Sheikh. He who laughs last .......!!


Yes, yes it did change, some of it fantastically. Shitting on other clubs thou is a low point for me .... not to you thou by the sounds of it


"Shitting on other clubs".........when,where,how ?

We've recycled 100s of £Millions to scores of clubs home & abroad,large & small.

City have been & will continue to be a force for the good.

CTID.


Er, supporting a proposal that a select few clubs gain from is basically shitting on other clubs .... like when the PL was formed and then the money that used to flow down the system began to dribble instead.

I get that football is a business nowadays, doesn't mean it is right and certainly not if we become what we were always against!
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13573
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: TV money

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am

Is there any evidence that we are actually pushing this move or have we just been lumped in as one of the 'Big 6' (amazing how it's now a 'Big 6' btw)?

And what have Spurs done to be in that 6 apart from not win fuck all for God knows how long?

I'm sure it was the Rags and Dippers pushing for this last time with the Dippers even mentioning it a few times recently. They're the ones trying to keep the money for themselves and fuck the rest of the league off, not realising that without the rest of the league they're literally nothing. These are the same clubs who keep muting the 'European Super League' when they decide they want more of the CL share, forcing UEFA to implement certain changes such as 'Historical' value, which gives the Rags and Dippers a greater share of the pot.

It's the likes of the Rags and Dippers who have had a hand in the majority of changes when it comes to grabbing the money, just like many years ago when they forced through the change to the distribution of gate receipts or the recent request to have greater FFP rules pushed don the PL, which would have meant the hegemony continued as no others would have a chance in the transfer market.

These are the real greedy cunts in all this.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32753
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: TV money

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:13 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just heard on the wireless tonight that the PL Clubs "couldn't reach agreement" on this issue and the whole thing has been deferred to November.
Bloody hell MC, I thought I was ancient, but even I don't have a wireless any more.
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end.
We shall never surrender!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: TV money

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:14 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Is there any evidence that we are actually pushing this move or have we just been lumped in as one of the 'Big 6' (amazing how it's now a 'Big 6' btw)?

And what have Spurs done to be in that 6 apart from not win fuck all for God knows how long?

I'm sure it was the Rags and Dippers pushing for this last time with the Dippers even mentioning it a few times recently. They're the ones trying to keep the money for themselves and fuck the rest of the league off, not realising that without the rest of the league they're literally nothing. These are the same clubs who keep muting the 'European Super League' when they decide they want more of the CL share, forcing UEFA to implement certain changes such as 'Historical' value, which gives the Rags and Dippers a greater share of the pot.

It's the likes of the Rags and Dippers who have had a hand in the majority of changes when it comes to grabbing the money, just like many years ago when they forced through the change to the distribution of gate receipts or the recent request to have greater FFP rules pushed don the PL, which would have meant the hegemony continued as no others would have a chance in the transfer market.

These are the real greedy cunts in all this.

There was that meeting a while back, that got mentioned on here at the time, with the 'big six' including us. Seems like that meeting was related to this subject. The fact 'the big six' weren't present when the proposal was put to the rest of the teams strongly indicates we knew about it and presumably were in favour of it, or at least didnt object to it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16604
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: TV money

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.


You're spot on, and it's all going to get worse.
We're a dying breed mate.
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end.
We shall never surrender!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], budfox, carolina-blue, Clowncrete, craigmcfc, crowdsway, edgeley blue, everyonehatesus, Foreverinbluedreams, Grandad Rosler, JamieMCFC, london blue 2, Mase, MUS, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, patrickblue, Pretty Boy Lee, PrezIke, ruralblue, sheblue, ShimmyShaker, The Maine Man and 81 guests