Aguero injured in car accident in Holland?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero injured in car accident in Holland?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:Still knocking about at 4am though seems a little questionable you must admit

Didn't the accident happen at 11pm on the way to the airport?

Just read that concert finished at 10pm. Not sure whether that was local time or not.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:Still knocking about at 4am though seems a little questionable you must admit

Just read that concert finished at 10pm. Not sure whether that was local time or not.

City on London way games are at Stockport Station mid day, Sergio was imo taking the piss. We are not the dog and duck get in at 3-4am off to do a light session at the campus, blag it he is fresh on the bus to the train station. Sorry day off or not he has fucked up at not acted like a pro.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 am

Hazy2 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

City on London way games are at Stockport Station mid day, Sergio was imo taking the piss. We are not the dog and duck get in at 3-4am off to do a light session at the campus, blag it he is fresh on the bus to the train station. Sorry day off or not he has fucked up at not acted like a pro.

He would've probably been tucked up in bed in Manchester by 1am if not for the crash.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:52 am

mr_nool wrote:

Apologies, I got this 4am thing wrong earlier - I read some false twitterings but it's now reported the accident happened at 11pm in Amsterdam.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 am

Hazy2 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He would've probably been tucked up in bed in Manchester by 1am if not for the crash.

I'd heard it would have been more like 2am but don't know whether that takes account of the time difference with the continent. I think it is definitely the lateness of the return rather than the distance away that is the issue although travel is of itself tiring. Anyone know/care when he left for Holland? From my own experience, a day return to Switzerland (1½ hour flight each way plus all the airport waiting) used to tire me out for days after, but some of that may have been to do with the effort of trying to follow various Europeans speaking English.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:08 am

It's an hour time difference. I his flight was at midnight, he would land at midnight in Manchester.

I also presume that he's a VIP guy, skipping ahead in the lines to the security and passport controls.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 am

mr_nool wrote:It's an hour time difference. I his flight was at midnight, he would land at midnight in Manchester.

I also presume that he's a VIP guy, skipping ahead in the lines to the security and passport controls.

Exactly Noolie, the Aguero's of this world don't sit around airports, they rock up and walk straight on to the private jet that's been laid on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:18 am

mr_nool wrote:It's an hour time difference. I his flight was at midnight, he would land at midnight in Manchester.

Exactly Noolie, the Aguero's of this world don't sit around airports, they rock up and walk straight on to the private jet that's been laid on.

And they get lifts to the airport in what is basically a smart car with Stevie wonder driving apparently.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:19 am

JL, he would have been on a private jet so none of the usual malarkey us mere mortals have to put up with.

Mate of mine is a chauffeur at Farnborough airport used daily by rich and famous, they rock up and are their planes in less than 10 minutes and don't have to deal with idiots arses in their face trying to squeeze shit in to the over head lockers etc.

In the air for an hour nullifying the time difference, half to home this end so probs in bed no later than 01:00

Also bearing in mind he's only 29 & very used to travelling, usually intercontinental to boot.

Training on Friday was 11am apparently.

I really fail to see how this out of order, he would have had his 8 sleep if nothing happened.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 am

CTID Hants wrote:JL, he would have been on a private jet so none of the usual malarkey us mere mortals have to put up with.

Mate of mine is a chauffeur at Farnborough airport used daily by rich and famous, they rock up and are their planes in less than 10 minutes and don't have to deal with idiots arses in their face trying to squeeze shit in to the over head lockers etc.

In the air for an hour nullifying the time difference, half to home this end so probs in bed no later than 01:00

Also bearing in mind he's only 29 & very used to travelling, usually intercontinental to boot.

Training on Friday was 11am apparently.

I really fail to see how this out of order, he would have had his 8 sleep if nothing happened.

It seems that whoever it was saying 2am on talkspite didn't allow for the time difference. I didn't know the start to training was that late so no issues left for me.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:34 am

Martin Keown trying to stay relevant.

Yes martin, if only aguero had followed your code of having fun for only four weeks per year, he could have been as good as you were.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/aguero-i ... wl625xyci9
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 am

Poor Martin had no social life, he just went home to his cage every evening to play on his tyre swing and climbing frame.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:50 am

Just glad Sergio isn’t seriously injured. It appears he won’t be out for as long as first anticipated. Obviously this is good news for us. Hopefully we won’t suffer in the interim with his enforced absence.

Shit happens we all know that. He could just have easily been involved in a Car accident on the way back from having a quite evening at an Italian restaurant in Manchester.

The only thing that surprised me was the fact he was unnecessarily flying in to Europe literally hours before one of our biggest Games of the season. Flying affects all of us in many different ways. Me personally, I have trouble with my feet swelling up, this just flying in to Alicante/Spain. Other people suffer different problems like fatigue caused by flying. We have had a hectic football schedule with games coming thick and fast. I would have thought the Club would have said to the players, try and avoid flying until after the Chelsea game avoid becoming unnecessarily fatigued by the affects of flying. Just seems unprofessional with a 2 week international break coming up and our most important game of the Season today.

Sergio has done fuck all wrong, yet the RAG MSM are blaming him for our Club retarded policy. Martin Keown has today called him selfish. Why ?.If you ask your Boss can you fly in to Amsterdam to watch a Pop concert 2 Days before the biggest game of the Season and he says “Yes”, then you are going to fly in to Amsterdam. If anyone should be getting Stick it should be Guardiola for having no problem with it to start with

Pretty sure we won’t be having problems like this ever again. No one has a problem with players resting mentally, and physically. The Club needs to apply a bit of common sense though. Players unnecessarily flying 2 Days before our biggest game of the Season is wrong on every level. This is why top managers complain all the time about having to play games so soon after the Europa League. Yet we have players doing it with the Club full. Permission. Like they don’t spend enough time flying here/there/and everywhere and it affects their performances.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:11 am

I don't think Pep gave permission for Sergio to go abroad. His line is he finished training in the morning and had the day off. What he did with that is his business. He would have been tucked in a bit late but early enough for a 12 start. Just very unlucky. Hopefully fit to play soon.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:13 am

blues2win wrote:I don't think Pep gave permission for Sergio to go abroad. His line is he finished training in the morning and had the day off. What he did with that is his business. He would have been tucked in a bit late but early enough for a 12 start. Just very unlucky. Hopefully fit to play soon.

The 'whereabouts' bloke would've known he was going, I hope.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 am

clearly unlucky but definitely unprofessional
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 am

What the bloke does on his day off is fuck all to do with his job or his boss, as I see it.

As Mase pointed out, this would be a total non-event if the driver hadn't been a cretin.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Poor Martin had no social life, he just went home to his cage every evening to play on his tyre swing and climbing frame.

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:What the bloke does on his day off is fuck all to do with his job or his boss, as I see it.

As Mase pointed out, this would be a total non-event if the driver hadn't been a cretin.

Yes,no,yes,no yes......still,taking everything into account my own feeling is that Kun should've been at home,not in Amsterdam

We are paying & playing at the very highest level. There should be NO chances taken by ANYONE.

I bet HH Sheikh Mansour is distinctly unimpressed !!!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:What the bloke does on his day off is fuck all to do with his job or his boss, as I see it.

Yes,no,yes,no yes......still,taking everything into account my own feeling is that Kun should've been at home,not in Amsterdam

We are paying & playing at the very highest level. There should be NO chances taken by ANYONE.

I bet HH Sheikh Mansour is distinctly unimpressed !!!

What about players travelling to awards ceremonies or going to watch another club play abroad, or doing photo shoot or promotions for sponsors abroad, it happens all the time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum