Our Recent Signings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Recent Signings

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 pm

As I watched the incredible performance of today, it made me think how amazing our recent signings have been. Check the below list (not including non major signings):

16/17

John Stones
Leroy Sané
Gabriel Jesus
Ilkay Gündogan
Claudio Bravo
Nolito

17/18

Benjamin Mendy
Kyle Walker
Bernardo Silva
Ederson
Danilo

Bravo aside and arguably Nolito aside, all of those signings have been really excellent. It was imperative as part of the rebuilding of the squad left over from the Mancini era, that we got these signings right. I believe from listening to Khaldoon that the decision process of signings is done as a collective at the club, and in that case everyone involved deserves a great amount of plaudits. Sure, they all cost a lot of money, but we've seen countless of times from both ourselves and other teams how easy it is to spend a lot of money on poor signings.

These excellent transfer decisions will bear fruit for many years. A lot of the players are young with plenty of time ahead in their career.

On a final note, we have also brought in a substantial amount of money from academy players who aren't good enough to break through here. Some of these players haven't even played a game for us or even played a game in the Premier League!

In summary, an outstanding job from all involved.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Re: Our Recent Signings

Postby dazby » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 am

Spafia in!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 am

Also, if we keep playing like yesterday we will be first choice on any ambitious player's list of clubs to transfer to.

Would you want to play for Pep or play for Mo or Conte?

Ars and dippers try to play football but they are way behind us.
(which makes VVD's dipper preference very strange?)
Spuds may cash in on their players and the salaries are 3rd rate.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:41 am

So far so good. But you can also judge a list by what's not on it as well as what's on it.

No recognised left back cover. I know Delph has done well, very well in fact, but it is only two games. No way should we rely on him for a season.

Possibly an out and out striker short. Sold Iheanacho, which as it goes it's looking fantastic business as the weeks go by, but have not replaced him. So we are a forward down.

Centre back is still a potential issue.

But am I being churlish? We are top of the PL. Won our three cup games. Keeping clean sheets for fun and our forward play is outstanding. No squad is perfect and ours is as good as there is, certainly domestically.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Fabinho Delphinio has to be the bargain of them all. :lol: :lol: He is unlucky KDB is on fire other wise he would have had 2 MOM awards on the bounce.

This Guy could save us a fortune.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I honestly think Ederson has been a sensational signing. Knew very little of him and was a bit worried at the start of the season. It was such a huge problem position for us last season, and we needed to get it right. But I do not think we could have solved that problem any better.
ALL of the other signings have been excellent as well.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm

edge275 wrote:As I watched the incredible performance of today, it made me think how amazing our recent signings have been. Check the below list (not including non major signings):

16/17

John Stones
Leroy Sané
Gabriel Jesus
Ilkay Gündogan
Claudio Bravo
Nolito

17/18

Benjamin Mendy
Kyle Walker
Bernardo Silva
Ederson
Danilo

Bravo aside and arguably Nolito aside, all of those signings have been really excellent. It was imperative as part of the rebuilding of the squad left over from the Mancini era, that we got these signings right. I believe from listening to Khaldoon that the decision process of signings is done as a collective at the club, and in that case everyone involved deserves a great amount of plaudits. Sure, they all cost a lot of money, but we've seen countless of times from both ourselves and other teams how easy it is to spend a lot of money on poor signings.

These excellent transfer decisions will bear fruit for many years. A lot of the players are young with plenty of time ahead in their career.

On a final note, we have also brought in a substantial amount of money from academy players who aren't good enough to break through here. Some of these players haven't even played a game for us or even played a game in the Premier League!

In summary, an outstanding job from all involved.

for the thick end of £400m for 11 players, you'd expect them to be decent. they've hardly unearthed some hidden gems. still think thickshit buggerstain is cunt.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Return to The Maine Football forum