Let's all fall asleep watching england

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Let's all fall asleep watching england

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I really don't why Raheem bothers.

He ran the ball out of play and the crowd were booing him.
Actually they are booing everything. Maybe it's not just him.

Don't know why he bothers either. Somehow all the commentators have bought into "Sterling is shit" even though he's one of the best players in the PL this year with 6 goals in 6 games. dippers propoganda
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 pm

people get on Raheem for his finishing but completely overlook all the missed chances from rashford
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Nice ball from Walker.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Nice ball from Walker.

he can't cross though
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Southgate is fucking useless, thinking he can utilise Raheem in the centre and then going to a supposed back 3. The problem is, Southgate isn't Pep and he doesn't have a clue how to set them up to play the game like that.

Good to see Hoddle has 1 good thing to say about Walker though, even though it was a 'Moment of Magic from Kane'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Tap ins are fantastic centre forward play :)

Well done Kyle. Southgate is a tactical genius.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Southgate is fucking useless, thinking he can utilise Raheem in the centre and then going to a supposed back 3. The problem is, Southgate isn't Pep and he doesn't have a clue how to set them up to play the game like that.

Good to see Hoddle has 1 good thing to say about Walker though, even though it was a 'Moment of Magic from Kane'!

Didn't you see? Kane won the ball back and played a great cross to himself to score

BTW - Henderson is completely useless and needs to be no where near this team if they hope to get past the group stages
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:44 pm

bigblue wrote:people get on Raheem for his finishing but completely overlook all the missed chances from rashford

He has been afforded every opportunity because he's a Rag. Greedy play, every corner, and nearly every freekick. And what did we make from it? Absolutely fucking nothing yet the sychophant commentators tell us that he's the dogs.

Just like in the Rag games, no end product, just a new product for them to sell. I'd feel sorry for him getting all the pressure but it looks like it's gone to his head and he's believing the hype.

Shame really, I'd quite like him . . . . If he didn't play for them cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Is anyone surprised? Pick dippers and rags who aren't in form and play one up front with a midfield two of Dier and Henderson who can't pass wind, let alone a forward pass

Stones would be better in midfield than either of them two.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Southgate is fucking useless, thinking he can utilise Raheem in the centre and then going to a supposed back 3. The problem is, Southgate isn't Pep and he doesn't have a clue how to set them up to play the game like that.

Didn't you see? Kane won the ball back and played a great cross to himself to score

BTW - Henderson is completely useless and needs to be no where near this team if they hope to get past the group stages

What does he actually do, apart from play for the Dippers? I don't get how Dier and Henderson can be on the pitch at the same time as they both players DM and they're both shit at that. It's as if they're there just to sell seats or sponsorship deals.

Amazing, Kyle Walker just 'Does well' after intercepting the pass out and then putting the perfect ball in for Kane just to get anything on it.

Thought Sterling played well as well, even though he got kicked to fuck. I'd like to talk to any of those cunts booing him though, especially after putting it on a plate for Rashford, who fucked it right up.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Was watching Ireland U21's. Forgot England were playing tonight.

I switched over and have been watching since about the 67th minute.

I really don't why Raheem bothers.

I can only imagine the shit Sterling would've got had he fucked up the chance that he made for Rashford.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:

What does he actually do, apart from play for the Dippers? I don't get how Dier and Henderson can be on the pitch at the same time as they both players DM and they're both shit at that. It's as if they're there just to sell seats or sponsorship deals.

Amazing, Kyle Walker just 'Does well' after intercepting the pass out and then putting the perfect ball in for Kane just to get anything on it.

Thought Sterling played well as well, even though he got kicked to fuck. I'd like to talk to any of those cunts booing him though, especially after putting it on a plate for Rashford, who fucked it right up.

He plays for Liverpool and for Nivea. Both seemingly vital for England selection.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Was watching Ireland U21's. Forgot England were playing tonight.

I can only imagine the shit Sterling would've got had he fucked up the chance that he made for Rashford.

I really don't get it.
I know why it's happening, but it's absolutely brain dead. I don't understand why anyone bothers to go to an international match and boo their own player.

I mean, we had several players I didn't like.
Keane. Both of them actually, Robbie and Roy. Didn't like either.
Especially Roy. I mean he was a Scumbag.
But when he played for Ireland he was our scumbag. Robbie was a self important twat, but he was our self important twat.

Picking out any individual and booing them is not supporting. The fact that it's not condemned in the media is hardly surprising but is every bit as shameful and tells you s lot about their motives.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm

PS. Did I say Southgate hasn't got a clue?

250 grand in his back pocket. For what, beating the likes of ...errrrr.... Who did we play again?

Not a chance in the finals, not a fucking chance, but the media will build us up as WC elites. Don't fall for it, just smile and accept we are a second nation when it comes to international football.

The pundits got it right, 'Who, from this England team, would get in the City team? Raheem plays with far better players, England don't have that to compliment him', or words to that effect.

Nearly choked on my Stella when that came out.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I really don't get it.
I know why it's happening, but it's absolutely brain dead. I don't understand why anyone bothers to go to an international match and boo their own player.

I mean, we had several players I didn't like.
Keane. Both of them actually, Robbie and Roy. Didn't like either.
Especially Roy. I mean he was a Scumbag.
But when he played for Ireland he was our scumbag. Robbie was a self important twat, but he was our self important twat.

Picking out any individual and booing them is not supporting. The fact that it's not condemned in the media is hardly surprising but is every bit as shameful and tells you s lot about their motives.

If I was him I'd fuck it off and appeal to FIFA to declare for Jamaica.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 pm

The whole Engerland fing is bollocks.

The stet up is shite,the prospects are shite & the persecution of City players is shite.

Out Out Out.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby aaron bond » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:24 am

The less Raheem players for England the better. England’s loss is our gain.

But let’s not pretend our fans aren’t guilty of treating him more harshly for his mistakes compared to his teammates. It’s not as bad as the shit he gets for England but it still happens.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dimples » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 am

England really are crap and until the best players are picked and a manager who understands tactics and coaching is in place, they will remain crap. If they can win the WC with the present setup I can fly.
If Walker was with Spurs how would his play be described?
Ditto for Sterling.
If Rashford and Ling played for us how bad would they be?
And Kane is not the dogs bollix just yet - not even close on tonights performance - then again he was not helped by the dross in midfield.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:00 am

Dimples wrote:England really are crap and until the best players are picked and a manager who understands tactics and coaching is in place, they will remain crap. If they can win the WC with the present setup I can fly.
Ditto for Sterling.
And Kane is not the dogs bollix just yet - not even close on tonights performance - then again he was not helped by the dross in midfield.

did we have a midfield?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dimples wrote:England really are crap and until the best players are picked and a manager who understands tactics and coaching is in place, they will remain crap. If they can win the WC with the present setup I can fly.
Ditto for Sterling.

did we have a midfield?!

We haven’t had one for years!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum