Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 am

THE BOLLOX
Round up of the last few days as the International boredom is played out ....

Man City starlet on Mbappe, turning Blue and Wales
Rabbi Matondo's star is rising quickly, so it is a good job the Manchester City youngster appears so comfortable taking everything in his stride.
At times the magnitude of the challenges hit home, be it waiting to come on against the imposing frames of Rotherham's senior team in the Checkatrade Trophy or trying to keep up with Leroy Sane and Ilkay Gundogan in a first-team training session
And yet judging by the performances to date of this pacy attacker in his first full season playing for Manchester City academy, you wouldn't know it.
Four goals (well worth a watch) in two starts for the U18s, a goal at Feyenoord in the UEFA Youth League and no sign of nerves in the Under-23s, Matondo has looked at ease playing up the age groups - and in an unfamiliar position.
"If I could choose I'd probably play left wing or striker, but at the moment I'm playing right wing and liking it," he said.
"I wasn't really used to it at first but now I have played there I'm starting to like it.
"My two favourite positions are probably left wing and striker. I'm right footed but I like to cut in. I tend to cut in sometimes on the right but I haven't got a left foot so I don't have too many options other than pass the ball or try and do something!"
The teenager had several offers to further his career before plumping for City. His displays for Cardiff schools and in the club's academy were regularly scouted, with United among the clubs interested.
With the Bluebirds reluctant to give up a player they felt was the brightest prospect in their ranks since Aaron Ramsey, it was City's perseverance that paid off.
"I was so close to moving [to City] at one stage but then it didn't end up happening but my parents wanted me to come to City because they had been after me and haven't given up on me.
"The other clubs were just giving up when Cardiff said no but City gave Cardiff another offer and obviously when I came to visit here, we knew it was the right place to come."
Matondo had to wait for his chance, with the wait for international clearance wiping out most of last season. It now feels like he is more than making up for lost time.
City have fast-tracked him all the way through their academy teams this season, reflecting the wider changes at that level.
And despite only turning 17 in September he has been given his first Wales Under-21 cap, with their coach Rob Page describing him as having "pace I've never seen a player have before".
Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson could face a big challenge from young keeper compared to Manuel Neuer
Born in Liverpool, Matondo is also eligible for England but - for now at least - is happy with the country where he has spent the majority of his life.
"I am set on Wales at the moment, we'll see what happens but I'm set on Wales."
If the starlet's career appears to be on the up, the last step from youth to first team football is always the most difficult.
City's recent record of bringing youth players through to the first team is not good, with Jadon Sancho - one of their brightest prospects - leaving the club in summer because of doubts over the pathway.
All Matondo wants, when the time is right, is a chance.
"One of my favourite players at the moment is Kylian Mbappe," he said.
"He's just proven that if you get an opportunity you can take it. He's probably one of the best youngsters in the world right now and he's smashing it.
"I'm happy that he got given the opportunity and hopefully that will inspire other countries and teams to give players a chance and hopefully they'll do what Mbappe and [Marcus] Rashford are doing."

GOLDEN BOLLOX
On This Day - October 6 1966
Man City and Republic of Ireland striker Niall Quinn was born

Man City star midfielder Ilkay Gundogan returns to school and meets former teacher
Manchester City star midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has spent the international break visiting his former school in Germany.
The 26-year-old studied at the Bertolt-Brecht school in Nuremberg and was surprised to see his former school director and teacher still working at the school
Gundogan posted a photo of himself standing alongside his former teachers – who were gifted Man City jerseys – and posted the following caption, “Visited my former school Bertolt-Brecht in Nuremberg today! Fantastic to see the director and teacher still with the same enthusiasm as back then! Great memories!”

5000 away fans to ‘invade’ Manchester City, excitement ahead of big trip
Anticipated as one of the most exciting games from the Champions League group stages, Manchester City welcoming Napoli at the Etihad is already a story in Italy.
Il Mattino, the local Naples newspaper, have an article on the fact the tickets for the games go on sale on Thursday, and already have an estimated number of travelling fans for the fixture.
According to them, around 5000 Napoli supporters will invade Manchester to support their local team, planning on seeing whether Maurizio Sarri’s beautiful football will be able to beat Pep Guardiola’s unstoppable Cityzens, currently top of the Premier League.
The Spaniard has already shared his admiration at what the Italian manager is doing with the players at his disposal, as Dries Mertens and co. sit two points ahead of Juventus in Serie A following the Turin club’s 2-2 draw against Atalanta at the weekend, suggesting he’s already devising a plan on how to counter them
Three thousand tickets are expected to be sold for away fans, which represents around 5% of the Etihad’s capacity, who will be joined by Napoli supporters already in England, which we can only assume help make up the remaining 2000.
Tickets are on sale between €40-43 for what should be a very enjoyable evening at Manchester City, with some great football on display.

Why did Kaka turn down £100 million from Man City?
Former FormerBallon d'Or winner Kaka has revealed that he has become almost "Cityzen" in the summer of 2009. The £ 100 million deal would have made him the face of the new-look Manchester City club, under new owner Sheikh Mansour. winner Kaka has revealed that he has become almost "Cityzen" in the summer of 2009. The £ 100 million deal would have made him the face of the new-look Manchester City club, under new owner Sheikh Mansour . However, the World Cup winner decided to stay at AC Milan instead. winner decided to stay at AC Milan instead. Speaking exclusively to FourFourTwo , Kaka opened up the background of the offer and why he turned it down. Kaka opened up the background of the offer and why he turned it down. "Negotiations went very far, and the only thing separating City and I was the final word." "It was the point where all the numbers and the finer details were discussed, and the wages I had been offered were much, much higher than what I was earning with Milan. I found myself wondering what my life playing in England would be like, what my routine at this new club would be, how hard it would be for my kids and my wife to move home. All of These thoughts were swirling inside my head. " The deeply religious Kaka explained that he had turned down the stratospheric offer due to concerns over the new owner's vision. Kaka explained that he had turned down the stratospheric offer due to concerns over the new owner's vision. "I would not have any idea that City was interested in signing me until they actually made their official offer to Milan," he says. "They had gone straight to Milan. " Ironically, Kaka signed with Orlando City of MLS the same year Sheikh Mansour's New York City FC debuted in the league. Kaka signed with Orlando City of MLS the same year Sheikh Mansour's New York City FC debuted in the league. He remains in America, and has represented Brazil multiple times during his three years in purple. winner Kaka has revealed that he has become almost "Cityzen" in the summer of 2009. The £ 100 million deal would have made him the face of the new-look Manchester City club, under new owner Sheikh Mansour. However, the World Cup winner decided to stay at AC Milan instead. Kaka opened up the background of the offer and why he turned it down. "Negotiations went very far indeed. The only thing that separates City and I was my final word. " Kaka explained that he had turned down the stratospheric offer due to concerns over the new owner's vision. "I would not have any idea that City was interested in signing me until they actually made their official offer to Milan," he says. "They had gone straight to Milan. I was coming to the conclusion that it was not quite right for me to go to City, and the main reason was the uncertainty over the squad-building process. " Kaka signed with Orlando City of MLS the same year Sheikh Mansour's New York City FC debuted in the league. He remains in America, and has represented Brazil multiple times during his three years in purple.Kaka has revealed that he very nearly became a “Cityzen” in the summer of 2009. The £100 million deal would’ve made him the face of the new-look Manchester City club, under new owner Sheikh Mansour. However, the World Cup winner decided to remain at AC Milan instead.

Man City star blasts Chelsea over controversial loan system
Manchester City star Kevin de Bruyne has hit out at Chelsea over their loan system, insisting that’s why he asked to leave the club.
De Bruyne moved to Chelsea from Genk on transfer deadline day in January 2012 and stayed on loan in Belgium until the end of the season.
A loan spell at Bundesliga side Werder Bremen followed before being sold in January 2014 to Wolfsburg in an £18m deal after failing to crack the first team consistently at Stamford Bridge.
De Bruyne explained: “After those experiences, I’d rather wanted to be sold.
“Otherwise, I would end up in the same situation all over again: playing well on loan, returning to your parent club and then, every year again, feel like the young player back from loan who still has everything to prove.
“That’s something I didn’t want to experience for the third time in a row.
“Let’s say that I would perform well at Wolfsburg, that I would play a good World Cup and that I would return to Chelsea afterwards with the same status that I had before.
“No, I didn’t fancy that. I decided to leave on a permanent basis. At Chelsea they wanted me to stay, but I had the feeling I wouldn’t get a fair chance.
“That’s why I wanted to move to a club that wanted to pay Chelsea’s asking price.”

Manchester City and rival United watching New York City’s England Under-21 ace Jack Harrison
But in a bitter blow to United, it's City that will have first refusal on the young winger due to the club's link with New York City
MANCHESTER CITY will beat rivals United to New York City ace Jack Harrison – as they have first refusal on him.
The young winger – a star of the MLS this season – was called up to the England Under-21 squad for the first time this week.
He left the UK for America four-years-ago after coming through the Red Devils academy with Marcus Rashford and co.
But City will have first dibs on the 20-year-old because of their tie-up with New York City.
Both Manchester clubs have been keeping an eye on Harrison, who is seen as a late developer after a low-key start to his career.
He left the United academy aged 14, as he did not see a future with the club and tried his luck in Massachusetts.
A source said: “City will have first dibs on Harrison at New York if he continues his rapid progress.
“It's sure to rub United up the wrong way after what happened to him as a kid. He's having a great time over in the US.
“City are hearing positive things from the execs in New York and that Harrison is an exciting late bloomer.”
Harrison came through the United academy but decided to heat to the US as a teenager with his family.

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

GOLDEN BOLLOX
On this day in 2007
Elano scores twice as City beat Middlesbrough 3-1 at the City of Manchester Stadium. Chris Riggott put through his own goal to give Sven-Goran Eriksson's side a 10th-minute lead and Elano made it 2-0 on 33 minutes with a stunning 25-yard drive. The Brazilian maestro made it 3-0 on 66 minutes with a superb free-kick and Ben Hutchison pulled one back for the visitors on 89 minutes as the Sky Blues manintained their 100% home record in the Premier League.

OTHER BOLLOX
Some of the Brazil team including Gabriel Jesus, Neymar and Dani Alves recovered from their 0-0 draw against Bolivia at high altitude with oxygen tanks.

Arsenal will sell forward Theo Walcott and playmaker Mesut Ozil, both 28, in January. Walcott is set to rejoin former club Southampton. (Daily Express)

Ozil is only willing to play for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United if he leaves Arsenal, but he could yet agree a new deal. (Goal)

Paris St-Germain will move for Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, when his contract expires in the summer, and sell striker Edinson Cavani, 30. (Le Parisien)

Uruguay international Cavani could be a target for Real Madrid in January. (Don Balon)

Tottenham and Liverpool are both interested in 24-year-old Inter Milan midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia, who is on loan at Valencia. (Tuttomercatoweb)

Liverpool could move for Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder Kai Havertz, 18, after their scouts watched him score four goals for Germany Under-19s. (Liverpool Echo)

Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld, 28, says he is happy at the club, despite not finalising a new contract with the Premier League side. (Sky Sports Understands)

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino wants to pair Everton midfielder Ross Barkley, 23, with Eric Dier, 23, if he succeeds in bringing the midfielder to the north London club in January. (Sun)

Paris St-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 22, says he would "love" to play in the Premier League one day, and grew up supporting Liverpool. (ESPN)

Former Chelsea midfielder Oscar, 26, says he would be open to returning to the club. The Brazil international joined Chinese side Shanghai SIPG in January. (PL Brasil)

Brazil forward Lucas Moura, 25, has been advised by former Chelsea defender Alex to leave Paris St-Germain and join Arsenal. (L'Equipe)

Fenerbahce could move for Manchester United defender Daley Blind, 27. (Hurriyet)

Former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen, 31, says Barcelona refused to let him join Everton last summer. (Derniere Heure)

Burnley striker Chris Wood, 25, says he did not refuse to play for Leeds United before his £18m move to the Clarets. (Independent)

Leicester summer signing Adrien Silva, 28, has trained with his new Foxes team-mates for the first time, despite the midfielder not being allowed to play a competitive game until January. (Leicester Mercury)

England Under-21 boss Aidy Boothroyd says they are facing a battle with Nigeria to keep striker Tammy Abraham, 20, and winger Sheyi Ojo, 20. (Daily Star)

Forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 32, has urged Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, 25. (Don Balon via Express)

The Football Association is advertising for a new senior head coach of England's women's team. (FA)

In contrast to the senior side, Crystal Palace's academy side are top of their league - and put on a show in the dressing room to celebrate. (Twitter)

Former Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp says he will not take up a full-time role with League Two side Yeovil Town after recently advising their manager, Darren Way. (Talksport)

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi is set to have a theme park opened in his honour in China. (Goal)

A series of regional meetings in the EFL next month could lead to "plastic pitches" being re-introduced to League One and League Two as early as 2019. (Daily Express)

Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey faces having to wear a cast in the club's next game against Southampton after breaking his finger in training. (The Sun)

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku could still play for Belgium during the international break, despite an ankle injury. (Manchester Evening News)

Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 24, says he could "never rule out" leaving for a Spanish club, such as Real Madrid. (Express)

Spurs will again compete with Chelsea in January to sign Everton's 23-year-old midfielder Ross Barkley. (Mirror)

Bayern Munich will appoint Jupp Heynckes, the 72-year-old who led them to the treble in 2013, as their new manager. (Bild - in German)

GOLDEN BOLLOX
On this day in 2013

United fury over City's tunnel cam as Old Trafford club raise intrusion concerns!!!!
Manchester United are unhappy after video of players and officials in the tunnel at last month’s derby at the Etihad Stadium was released by Manchester City.
United feel that the 15-minute film which appeared on City’s website two days after the Premier League champions were crushed 4-1 was intrusive. They have written to the Premier League to raise their concerns and ask for clarification over the use of a ‘tunnel cam’.
Manager David Moyes is understood to have demanded privacy when it focused on his exclusive after-match interview with United’s own television station.
The camera shows Ryan Giggs pursuing fourth official Michael Oliver towards the dressing-rooms at half-time, moments after Yaya Toure had scored City’s second goal.
It later emerged from other sources that the United player-coach, who was unhappy at some challenges by City defender Matija Nastasic in the first half, told Oliver ‘get a grip of him, man up and do your job’ – although the incident is believed to have been edited out of the tunnel cam coverage by City’s website department to avoid controversy.
Although there is no suggestion that Giggs could face any action, United are understood to have inquired about whether video evidence like this could be used in a disciplinary hearing.
They are uncomfortable that an area of the stadium that for many years was largely free of the prying eyes of the media and fans should be filmed and footage then placed in the public domain.
City became the first Premier League club to use a tunnel cam and post the video on their website when it was introduced more than three years ago, and it has proved very popular with fans.
Other teams have since followed suit with the Premier League encouraging clubs to offer more behind-the-scenes insight to supporters.
No rules have been broken but it is understood that the league would have to consider consulting with clubs to discuss what restrictions might be needed for match-day cameras if there are complaints in future.
MCF.net THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=46820

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Sergio Agüero tops Real Madrid's January transfer shopping list
Spanish giants keen to sign Manchester City striker • Agüero insists he's happy at Etihad after signing new contract
Real Madrid are considering a January bid for Sergio Agüero after the Manchester City striker was identified as the Spanish club's prime target at the start of the summer, ahead of Gareth Bale, who was bought for a world record £85.3m.
Madrid made an inquiry about Agüero – who scored in Saturday's 3-1 win over Everton at the Etihad Stadium – and were told he would not be sold. They had also wanted to sign Neymar, who was then at Santos, and Radamel Falcao, who began the summer at Atlético Madrid, ahead of Bale.
That means the Welshman was effectively Madrid's fourth choice. Falcao signed for Monaco on 20 May before Neymar joined Barcelona a week later, with City announcing on 24 May that Agüero had agreed a one-year extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until 2017.
Madrid retain an interest in Falcao, but Agüero remains their first choice to strengthen the striking options of Carlo Ancelotti, which comprise only Karim Benzema and 20-year-old Alvaro Morata.
While Real may firm up their interest for Agüero in the January transfer window with an offer expected to be markedly more than the £38m he cost the club two years ago, in an interview with the Guardian on Saturday Agüero reiterated his loyalty to City.
"I'm very happy at City, very happy since the day I came," he said. "I knew that the project was good and in my head there is nothing else but Manchester City, so how long I'm going to be at City is just never a question.
"I'm happy here, my family's here when they come to England, all I can do is give everything I have for the club and concentrate on achieving for the club. We are improving every year the team, the club, the club is growing, we are working in the same direction to get the club as high as possible. Some years are better than others, but it's a much better club, a much better team than it was four or five years ago, so we just have to go [continue] in the same way."

Anxious wait on injury news for captain Kompany
Fears over repeat of skipper’s injury but Demichelis is poised­ for a return
Vincent Kompany will today have a scan to determine the extent of the groin injury which forced him out of Saturday’s win over Everton.
Initial reports suggest the City skipper may have a strain rather than a tear, the injury which kept him out of action for a month at the start of this season.
But Kompany will have the scan before a decision is taken on whether he joins up with Belgium for their World Cup qualifiers, or remains at Carrington for treatment.
The good news for City is that Martin Demichelis, who was originally bought as a stand-in for Kompany before damaging knee ligaments without kicking a ball in anger, is due back in training next Monday.
The Argentine was injured in training just days after his £3.5m move from Atletico Madrid, but is expected to complete his work with the physios this week.
“It’s too early to know if he will be ready after the international break – maybe he can do,” said boss Manuel Pellegrini.
“If Kompany and Demichelis are out we have only Matija Nastasic and Joleon Lescott, but they did very well. We have to be optimistic and see what happens in the international break.”
Lescott was given a recall in place of Nastasic against Everton on Saturday after the young Serb’s poor performances against Aston Villa and Bayern Munich – and ended up partnering him as he replaced Kompany.
It was Lescott’s first league start since August 31, but he is hoping that, after making the error which led to Romelu Lukaku’s goal, he played well enough to give Pellegrini a selection dilemma ahead of the trip to West Ham on October 19.
“It’s always hard when you are not playing, but the club is the most
important thing, and apart from the last couple of games we have been doing well,” he said.
“We have been winning games, and the squad is so strong that anyone who plays, in any position, is going to cause headaches for the manager.
“I work hard. That’s how I go about my business, and if you do get your chance you have to try to keep yourself in the manager’s thoughts.
“I am definitely up for the fight. The team is always going to do well. Results may not always go our way, but on the whole the team is going to progress, whether it is a steady or a steep progression.
“If you are playing at a time when the team is doing well, you can get a good run of games.”
The trip to Upton Park begins a tough spell of four consecutive away games for City as it is followed by journeys to CSKA Moscow and Chelsea, and a Capital One Cup date with Newcastle at St James’ Park.
“We are aware that the next four are away, and we haven’t been going so well away from home. We have to change that and win every game possible,” said Lescott.
“Apart from Cardiff, our away games have not been bad performances. The results haven’t gone the way we would have liked, but a point at Stoke is a good point.
“We were disappointed with the way things went last week at Aston Villa, having dominated the majority of the game.
“With winning, over the past few years, comes expectation, and when we don’t win, even if it is only for two games, there is a lot of criticism and opinion, so it was nice to get back to winning ways.”

BOLLOX UPDATES LATER ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

Bloody hell Chinners, trying to read that Kaka bit has given me a headache.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:15 am

Ha ha .... was just trying to make the point .... he could have been the first £100mil player you know!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:29 am

‘Ozil is only willing to play for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United if he leaves Arsenal, but he could yet agree a new deal’ - his transfer to Stoke will be a bit of a disappointment then!

It’s nice to be reminded of the good old days when Moysie led the rags.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 pm

So Kaka had concerns over the Sheik's vision for the club/project?

What a fucking idiot.
Original Dub

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:So Kaka had concerns over the Sheik's vision for the club/project?

What a fucking idiot.

Ha ha .....should've gone to spec savers !!

Cookie was right.......and we dodged a bullet,he did feck all after that !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Return to The Maine Football forum