Match day parking

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Match day parking

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

Hi All,

We've been lucky over the last few years with a few sneaky free parking spots but that time has come to an end.

We're happy to pay a premium and get a season pass but unsure where to look as we tried the official Etihad parking years ago and you get stuck in all the traffic at the end of the match (we will not leave early like every other cunt).

Ideally somewhere that's a 5min walk, just out of the main bit of traffic and we're heading to Gatley (Stockport way).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Match day parking

Postby Scatman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:56 am

If you're willing to do a 15 minute walk then try Gorton Road near Ashburys station. It's free to park there, I've done so for years without any trouble, and its on the same side of the stadium as Gatley so you will be able to get around the various road blocks at full time.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am

Scatman wrote:If you're willing to do a 15 minute walk then try Gorton Road near Ashburys station. It's free to park there, I've done so for years without any trouble, and its on the same side of the stadium as Gatley so you will be able to get around the various road blocks at full time.

And there goes your handy parking spot ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 am

Scatman wrote:If you're willing to do a 15 minute walk then try Gorton Road near Ashburys station. It's free to park there, I've done so for years without any trouble, and its on the same side of the stadium as Gatley so you will be able to get around the various road blocks at full time.

Plus there's a couple of £5 parking places at the Ashbury end of the road.
I've parked there for years, although not this season as I've been taking the train.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am

patrickblue wrote:

Plus there's a couple of £5 parking places at the Ashbury end of the road.
I've parked there for years, although not this season as I've been taking the train.

Yes, I park there for night matches (I come on train in day time). There are even a few free places around Ashburys station if you arrive early.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 am

We park at the Velodrome. £5. No quick getaways anywhere of course - but quicker than the official we found - but at least you can go out in the right direction just turn left at Maccy D's.

We usually sit right at the top, at the back and just wait for the stadium to clear anyway. A few minutes is neither here nor there with a 5 hour drive!

We were discussing it last match and I think the transition from 48 k to 54 k has made a real difference, that extra 6 k on top. When we get to 60k+ we'll all best walk

Edit -get there early to avoid disappointment!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am

There are no handy close by parking spots anywhere remotely near the Etihad it's a non starter pal . Get your walking shoes on as others have said , Ashburys area is about best but that is a brisk 15 / 20 minute walk . City center is only a 20 minute walk lots of safe car parks there . In a nutshell it's fucking chaos pal ! Train and black cab is a good option seriously !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 am

[quote="john@staustell"]We park at the Velodrome. £5. No quick getaways anywhere of course - but quicker than the official we found - but at least you can go out in the right direction just turn left at Maccy D's.

We usually sit right at the top, at the back and just wait for the stadium to clear anyway. A few minutes is neither here nor there with a 5 hour drive!

We were discussing it last match and I think the transition from 48 k to 54 k has made a real difference, that extra 6 k on top. When we get to 60k+ we'll all best walk

Edit -get there early to avoid disappointment![/quote]

wtf would you want to do that when you can squeeze in an extra couple of stellas in town?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Hi All,

We've been lucky over the last few years with a few sneaky free parking spots but that time has come to an end.

We're happy to pay a premium and get a season pass but unsure where to look as we tried the official Etihad parking years ago and you get stuck in all the traffic at the end of the match (we will not leave early like every other cunt).

Ideally somewhere that's a 5min walk, just out of the main bit of traffic and we're heading to Gatley (Stockport way).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Try Park on my Drive. M12.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replies. We're trialling one of those 'park my ride' type things on someone's drive, 6mins from the ground.

It's more for my Dad, he's feeling his age a bit so want to make it as easy for him as possible.

Thanks again
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum