January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And Mahrez didn't sign until a full year after Sancho had left.

To be fair, he was chased for a full window before we signed him. He was always in the pipeline.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:No, he wasn't good enough for them then either, he didn't start a game for them until 6 months into his contract there, just shy of his 18th birthday.

Which shows he was managed properly then wasn't he.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:58 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And Mahrez didn't sign until a full year after Sancho had left.

To be fair, he was chased for a full window before we signed him. He was always in the pipeline.

He knows this..which makes arguing with him so fuckign easy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:00 am

Mase wrote:

That sent out a lovely message to JS.......and we wonder why he left us.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WTF has his age got to do with his ability ?

Stop looking for excuses that don't exist..he was good enough and Dortmund certainly recognized this.

All PeP had to do was play him a few minutes here and there to convince him , like he did with Foden...but he didn't....he went out and bought MehRez instead.

Sometimes its best just to fuckign recognize a fuckup from our hierarchy when theres a fuck up instead of looking for non existing excuses.

He wanted guarantee to first team football before signing extension. How can you guarantee him when he didn't even play a minute? It's all hindsight now.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 am

Outcast wrote:

Stop looking for excuses that don't exist..he was good enough and Dortmund certainly recognized this.

All PeP had to do was play him a few minutes here and there to convince him , like he did with Foden...but he didn't....he went out and bought MehRez instead.

Sometimes its best just to fuckign recognize a fuckup from our hierarchy when theres a fuck up instead of looking for non existing excuses.

He wanted guarantee to first team football before signing extension. How can you guarantee him when he didn't even play a minute? It's all hindsight now.

Says who?? He could barely get in the Dortmund team at the start of the season. Doesn't sound like he was guaranteed first team football with them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 am

Outcast wrote:

If that was true then of course we have no regrets...but no fuckign way did he ask for that guarantee,,,not even our top players like Aguero have that agreement.

We can only speculate as to why he went , but seeing whats gone on at Dortmund with his integration into the first team , then your point becomes mute.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:10 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

You see folks, this is the point. We blew £60m on a one-trick Joorabchian dud and gave away a better player for nothing. Arrogance and ineptitude in equal measure.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:11 am

Sorry for arguing Carl, you're definitely right, throwing a 16 year old in when we're struggling to get top four is bang on the money, a player that Dortmund didn't feel was ready until a year later should've been getting minutes with us back then.

If anything successive managers not giving youth players a chance is to blame, not Pep preferring not to gamble on a 16 year old.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry for arguing Carl, you're definitely right, throwing a 16 year old in when we're struggling to get top four is bang on the money, a player that Dortmund didn't feel was ready until a year later should've been getting minutes with us back then.
If anything successive managers not giving youth players a chance is to blame, not Pep preferring not to gamble on a 16 year old.

The choice was between Sanchez, then Mahrez or Sancho and they picked the wrong pony each time. We already had Sane, Sterling and Bernardo.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:19 am

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

You see folks, this is the point. We blew £60m on a one-trick Joorabchian dud and gave away a better player for nothing. Arrogance and ineptitude in equal measure.

We didn't give anyone away. The club shook on a deal with Sancho and he reneged on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry for arguing Carl, you're definitely right, throwing a 16 year old in when we're struggling to get top four is bang on the money, a player that Dortmund didn't feel was ready until a year later should've been getting minutes with us back then.

The choice was between Sanchez, then Mahrez or Sancho and they picked the wrong pony each time. We already had Sane, Sterling and Bernardo.

That's pure speculation, you or Carl or anyone else have no idea whether the clubs links to Sanchez and Mahrez influenced Sancho's decision.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:24 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Nothing at all Carl, perfectly reasonable to throw a 16 year old in when we were struggling to get the results to qualify for Champions League in a team that was still adapting to the new manager's methods.

Excuses excuses excuses.

Grow up
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:26 am

johnny crossan wrote:

That's pure speculation, you or Carl or anyone else have no idea whether the clubs links to Sanchez and Mahrez influenced Sancho's decision.

Eh ? of course it would have done ffs !!!!

Clubs make mistakes and I will accept City made a fuckign huge one in this case , but I wont accept your shit excuses for losing him to Dortmund.

Just accept the club fucked up and then we can move on.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Eh ? of course it would have done ffs !!!!

Of course
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 am

For me, it's more that it's Pep's job to convince players they have a future with the club. It's up to him to pursued kids that they're part of City. That doesn't just mean giving them minutes or promising them games.

But from what I've seen of Pep he has a "if he wants to stay he can" kind of attitude, where he should be doing better than that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 am

Mase wrote:For me, it's more that it's Pep's job to convince players they have a future with the club. It's up to him to pursued kids that they're part of City. That doesn't just mean giving them minutes or promising them games.

But from what I've seen of Pep he has a "if he wants to stay he can" kind of attitude, where he should be doing better than that.

They have to convince him when they get their chance, Sancho had convinced him that he was worth his place in the squad, he was due to go on preseason with the squad after shaking hands on a new deal. The next step was to convince Pep on the pitch when the opportunities came, like they did for Foden and Diaz last season but instead he reneged on the deal and fucked off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:43 am

Mase wrote:For me, it's more that it's Pep's job to convince players they have a future with the club. It's up to him to pursued kids that they're part of City. That doesn't just mean giving them minutes or promising them games.

They have to convince him when they get their chance, Sancho had convinced him that he was worth his place in the squad, he was due to go on preseason with the squad after shaking hands on a new deal. The next step was to convince Pep on the pitch when the opportunities came, like they did for Foden and Diaz last season but instead he reneged on the deal and fucked off.

Speculation.

Whats not speculation is Dortmund believed in him and convinced him and signed him and hes now the best player in their league.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Speculation.

Whats not speculation is Dortmund believed in him and convinced him and signed him and hes now the best player in their league.

And City believed in him, hence the contract offer.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Speculation.

And City believed in him, hence the contract offer.

JS didn't believe in PeP, hence hes not here.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum