January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am

PeterParker wrote:That plane thing must be the worst thing I read in the past years. Gave me a terrible sensation.

All the best to his family.

worse than that brazilian one?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:30 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PeterParker wrote:That plane thing must be the worst thing I read in the past years. Gave me a terrible sensation.

All the best to his family.

worse than that brazilian one?

That also, yes. However this with all the weird story behind it. Him signing and going to his new club. At least it seems the body was recovered, so his family can have some kind of closure.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gated.html

that cunt willie mckay owned the plane which makes me think that sala’s girlfriend may have a point. and, as you all know, i’m not one for conspiracy theories...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622617/This-lie-Emiliano-Salas-distraught-ex-calls-soccer-mafia-investigated.html

that cunt willie mckay owned the plane which makes me think that sala’s girlfriend may have a point. and, as you all know, i’m not one for conspiracy theories...

God is he still around? I wondered he he didn't fly Easyjet like everybody else
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622617/This-lie-Emiliano-Salas-distraught-ex-calls-soccer-mafia-investigated.html

From Wikipedia.....

The Continental TSIO-520-BE powered Malibu PA-46-310P was discontinued in 1988 following a series of incidents and accidents attributed to engine failures.

Don't think I would get on a single prop plane that is at least 31yrs old that was discontinued on safety grounds!!!! Cardiff have said they offered him a commercial flight which he declined.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:

He's only got 3 players on his books which includes his own son (I think) at Morecambe, one at Palace and the other at Celtic.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/willie- ... erater/242
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Insane transfer fee for De Jong. What the hell is actually the price for Dave or KDB if this fella cost that much?!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

He's only got 3 players on his books which includes his own son (I think) at Morecambe, one at Palace and the other at Celtic.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/willie- ... erater/242

supposedly he's a middle man these days and brokered the sala deal
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:30 pm

de jong, yet another good option we've allowed to slip through our fingers. i just dont get it. we have the money from sales of diaz et al, new shirt deal etc., and fern's replacement is the ONE signing we should (or should already have done) splash out on!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:43 pm

If he doesn't want to come, then fuck him. It's hard, we're not at Barca or Madrid level yet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Disappointing but understandable. As Mase points out, when the heavyweights of Barca or Madrid or even Juventus come calling then we are playing catch up
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

From Wikipedia.....

The Continental TSIO-520-BE powered Malibu PA-46-310P was discontinued in 1988 following a series of incidents and accidents attributed to engine failures.

Don't think I would get on a single prop plane that is at least 31yrs old that was discontinued on safety grounds!!!! Cardiff have said they offered him a commercial flight which he declined.

Ex-Gf "Victoria Secret" model who's first result on google(outside of the Sala story) is Insta, who's model profile includes zero professional jobs and who's image search has not a single catwalk picture.

While this is tragic, the fame whore trying to cash in on it 2 days after he probably died, is fucking abhorrent.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:de jong, yet another good option we've allowed to slip through our fingers. i just dont get it. we have the money from sales of diaz et al, new shirt deal etc., and fern's replacement is the ONE signing we should (or should already have done) splash out on!!

Who cares if we have the money. No way we're spending 90M on him with FFP and the FFP investigation going on.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:de jong, yet another good option we've allowed to slip through our fingers. i just dont get it. we have the money from sales of diaz et al, new shirt deal etc., and fern's replacement is the ONE signing we should (or should already have done) splash out on!!

90 mil for an unproven young midfielder? We are really far from that period, mate. I am very happy we did not pay that much for a player that showed zero to worth that much. All the respect for the dutch football, but their glory days are long gone.
Two summers ago, the world was blowing Justin Kluivert and his talent. He plays for Roma now and scored his first league goal in december. Depay, the other ”huge” wonderkid was a flop.

Was de Jong the replacement for Fernie? He looks more of a KDB player, rather what Dinho is. My 2 cents is Kross will be his replacement, a player Pep knows and wants. Him or Rabiot who seems far away from Barcelona after these two transfers. Again, Hope we stay away, but I think the frenchman is really close.

I am super happy we stayed away from De Jong. For me, the only player that I would accept we pay over 100 mil is Mbappe, the rest are PR products.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Tru_Blu » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:57 pm

PeterParker wrote:[quote="For me, the only player that I would accept we pay over 100 mil is Mbappe, the rest are PR products.

I can agree with this.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm

Dramatic shortening of odds on Declan Rice joining us in January.....???
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Jong.html

Do you really think he's worth more than KDB salary wise? I'm glad we didn't pursue it. He's good but dont think he's the natural replacement to Fern. I think we'll end up buying one of the two chaps from Lyon, better priced and as talented as Frenkie
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 am

johnny crossan wrote:Dramatic shortening of odds on Declan Rice joining us in January.....???

Cant see it. I'm taking Pep at his word that no one comes in January.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 am

john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Frenkie is going to Barcelona, not Hollywood

(couldnt resist)

Relax mate :D

Don't
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Outcast wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Jong.html

Do you really think he's worth more than KDB salary wise? I'm glad we didn't pursue it. He's good but dont think he's the natural replacement to Fern. I think we'll end up buying one of the two chaps from Lyon, better priced and as talented as Frenkie

300k for a basic plus bonuses. Thanks but no thanks.

Seems to me that Barca are shitting it when Messi retires. They’ve spent huge on Dembele and Coutinho and neither has been a success yet. £75M and £15M at least a year in wages is another huge gamble. We are quite right to not get caught in it.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum