January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Bluedj » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

After the Guillotine Show at Palace I’m in the corner for another striker to be brought in

Everyone is talking about Sanchez, but I would loathe our club to pay anything to gooners full stop

To me we need a striker that can score goals but offer us something we don’t have at the moment that is a tall striker who good with his feet but scores goals with his head. The park the bus teams know out team of midget strikers suffer in this area

So buy this type of striker and get Sanchez for free in the summer
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Jesus will be out for an extended period. Sanchez is an absolute must. Arsenal know that so we’ll be screwed on the price somewhat. Too bad.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:57 pm

We need someone with the killer instinct to put the fucking ball in the fucking net.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Supposedly Goretzka is off to Bayern in the summer to presumably replace Vidal, as expected. Will sign a deal in January.
Shame. Really wouldve liked him to replace Yaya.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Bluedj wrote:After the Guillotine Show at Palace I’m in the corner for another striker to be brought in

Everyone is talking about Sanchez, but I would loathe our club to pay anything to gooners full stop

To me we need a striker that can score goals but offer us something we don’t have at the moment that is a tall striker who good with his feet but scores goals with his head. The park the bus teams know out team of midget strikers suffer in this area

So buy this type of striker and get Sanchez for free in the summer

I feel pretty similar.
I’d have Sanchez, no problem, except for the fact we’ll have to deal with Arsenal again.
I really feel we shouldn’t go near them again. Take him off them for free.

But now. Look at the predicament we’re in.
I think we’d muddle through except for all the other key players, missing or doubtful.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Mad Mario anybody? I was never his biggest fan, but he seems a different player these days.
It's conceivable could be a good short term solution
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Mad Mario anybody? I was never his biggest fan, but he seems a different player these days.

That would be ace
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Mad Mario anybody? I was never his biggest fan, but he seems a different player these days.

That would be ace

Ermm he did say a few weeks back he'd come back and play for us for nothing :lol:

Only City would be mad enough....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

That would be ace

Ermm he did say a few weeks back he'd come back and play for us for nothing :lol:

Only City would be mad enough....

It would be a "Typical City" moment. He says he's now much more responsible, as a result of parenthood.
Heart : "YES!" ; Head "Is he a Pep player ? Try before buy ! "
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby blues2win » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

I understand why everyone’s talking about Sanchez but shouldn’t we be looking at Mahrez as well? Excellent player.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 pm

We should go for Salah. I know the dippers are unlikely to sell but he has said he wants to win trophies, something thats far more likely to happen at City. Test the water with a £80m bid. If nothing else, it might unsettle him a bit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 pm

For me he'd be the perfect signing, missing a character on the pitch at the minute. A few out with injuries I know. Would become a world beater under Pep.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:We should go for Salah. I know the dippers are unlikely to sell but he has said he wants to win trophies, something thats far more likely to happen at City. Test the water with a £80m bid. If nothing else, it might unsettle him a bit

I like your tactical thinking NB. Unsettling Dipper players (and Scum ones for that matter) is always a good policy aim to pursue.

However, would Salah be, what we like to term, a proper 'Pep player'; after all, his footballing education must have been somewhat stunted by his sojourn at Klanfied ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Kippax Sean wrote:

For me he'd be the perfect signing, missing a character on the pitch at the minute. A few out with injuries I know. Would become a world beater under Pep.

I don't know about a world beater KS, but I'd love to see in what ways Pep could alter him and improve him as a player.

He'd certainly be a talismanic figure and a larger than life personality; I think my heart says I'd like to see him returning to the Club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:We should go for Salah. I know the dippers are unlikely to sell but he has said he wants to win trophies, something thats far more likely to happen at City. Test the water with a £80m bid. If nothing else, it might unsettle him a bit

I like your tactical thinking NB. Unsettling Dipper players (and Scum ones for that matter) is always a good policy aim to pursue.

However, would Salah be, what we like to term, a proper 'Pep player'; after all, his footballing education must have been somewhat stunted by his sojourn at Klanfied ??

Pace, can play across the front three, tracks back, knows where the goal is. These are qualities any manager would desire I'd have thought.
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Pace, can play across the front three, tracks back, knows where the goal is. These are qualities any manager would desire I'd have thought.

In all honesty NB, I don't know much about his technical qualities and capabilities, so I was a bit surprised at Pogba levels of transfer money being quoted, hence the question which was a genuine one. He's only in his mid twenties and he's only at Liverpuddle so that made it appear that he's not, necessarily, the complete article.

However, given your footballing knowledge, if we did now go for him, I'd be quite satisfied. :) :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm

The likes of Salah is fanciful thinking though.
I think whoever we go for should be someone attainable and quickly.
We don’t want another Arsenal/Sanchez saga dragged out until the last day.

I’ve no suggestions who, but it’s important not to be screwed about like summer.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:38 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:The likes of Salah is fanciful thinking though.

I’ve no suggestions who, but it’s important not to be screwed about like summer.

Oh I agree that Salah signing for us is fanciful thinking. But that's not to say we can't bid. You never know, if Countinho departs to sunnier climes a couple of their other players may also get itchy feet. No harm in pissing them fuckers off
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:The likes of Salah is fanciful thinking though.

Oh I agree that Salah signing for us is fanciful thinking. But that's not to say we can't bid. You never know, if Countinho departs to sunnier climes a couple of their other players may also get itchy feet. No harm in pissing them fuckers off

He’s only a wet week there NB.
We’d not only be wasting our own time but I’d think we would wind ourselves up more than them by devoting any resources to such a deal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Kippax Sean wrote:

I don't know about a world beater KS, but I'd love to see in what ways Pep could alter him and improve him as a player.

He'd certainly be a talismanic figure and a larger than life personality; I think my heart says I'd like to see him returning to the Club.

it's almost impossible to get perfect balance in a squad or team. We are close but for me that bit of unpredictability that a Mario type player/personality would bring is missing. Maybe Mendy could fill this role. Maybe we wouldnt be as effective with this type of player. Does pep and our team have to be this intense to be as successful and brilliant as we are right now?
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum