January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 am

Wonderwall wrote:We have had problems at LB all season and there are no signs that we are getting anyone in during this window, however, if we do dip into the market, I would like us to go for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon. 17 years old, has made the LB position his own and is doing very well. Has 7 goals and 4 assists, quick and a great engine. I don't know why none of the big teams have not tried to get this lad.

I think someone has suggested that Tierney at Celtic Might be worth a shout, despite Rodgers being the best manager in the world of course.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:We have had problems at LB all season and there are no signs that we are getting anyone in during this window, however, if we do dip into the market, I would like us to go for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon. 17 years old, has made the LB position his own and is doing very well. Has 7 goals and 4 assists, quick and a great engine. I don't know why none of the big teams have not tried to get this lad.

I think someone has suggested that Tierney at Celtic Might be worth a shout, despite Rodgers being the best manager in the world of course.

He certainly has got a good reputation up there, however it is a pub league and playing in the best team in the league by a country mile is not a great test each week.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

He certainly has got a good reputation up there, however it is a pub league and playing in the best team in the league by a country mile is not a great test each week.

I thought he looked alright against us. But I have seen him another time and it was less impressive.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I thought he looked alright against us. But I have seen him another time and it was less impressive.

He's certainly a better left back than Andy Robertson if that's any sort of guide.

He'll be at a top 6 English side next season one way or another.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am

As far as I understand quite a few PL clubs want him, it's either that he or Fulham are waiting for some reason. He's been rumoured to be leaving since the end of the summer.

Saw when he played against Norwich to see how Gunn was doing early in the season and he looked good.

I'd like him as well, but seems we aren't really front runners for his signature.

Supposedly Utd and I think Spurs have been the front runners.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:

As far as I understand quite a few PL clubs want him, it's either that he or Fulham are waiting for some reason. He's been rumoured to be leaving since the end of the summer.

Saw when he played against Norwich to see how Gunn was doing early in the season and he looked good.

I'd like him as well, but seems we aren't really front runners for his signature.

Supposedly Utd and I think Spurs have been the front runners.

We're banned from signing Sessegnon or anybody else from this country in that age group until the summer
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Theo Walcott has just passed his medical re a £25million move to Everton.

I'm sure I read the other day that Wenger wanted him to stay at Arsenal, but it seems a lot of rats are now wanting to leave the sinking ship......but crikey, going to Everton shows a fair degree of desperation.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Theo Walcott has just passed his medical re a £25million move to Everton.

I'm sure I read the other day that Wenger wanted him to stay at Arsenal, but it seems a lot of rats are now wanting to leave the sinking ship......but crikey, going to Everton shows a fair degree of desperation.

Ex Southampton player moving to Merseyside shocker. :mrgreen:
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Everton sign Walcott for 20m
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Everton sign Walcott for 20m

Waste of money.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

what’s the deal with his new hairstyle and beard?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm

sheblue wrote:

Waste of money.

For an England international player that's quite reasonable, certainly better value than a £42mil Mangala
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Chinners wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Waste of money.

For an England international player that's quite reasonable, certainly better value than a £42mil Mangala

A duck egg is a duck egg regardless of the perceived value. Personally think Arsenal have mugged Everton to get £20M for Walcott. Regardless of the perceived value of other players.

Is he really that much better than Miralles, who they've just let go out on loan back to Greece? Or the lad they signed from Charlton, Lookman? Everton need a guy to score goals, that is not Walcott
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Waste of money.

A duck egg is a duck egg regardless of the perceived value. Personally think Arsenal have mugged Everton to get £20M for Walcott. Regardless of the perceived value of other players.

Is he really that much better than Miralles, who they've just let go out on loan back to Greece? Or the lad they signed from Charlton, Lookman? Everton need a guy to score goals, that is not Walcott

Considering his game is all about speed and he is now 28, I wonder how long before he loses a step or worse yet, he is only one leg injury away from becoming Torres.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Villareal’s Cedric Bakambu (who?!) set for China move for 74m euros!
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Crouch to Chelsea? Surely that's a joke.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Crouch to Chelsea? Surely that's a joke.

Instead of Carroll

Are they desperate for average English players ala Roswell and Sinclair
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Crouch to Chelsea? Surely that's a joke.

sounds like a tall story to me
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Now that Sanchez saga is off the radar I would love to see us sign a good defender.
But it all seems very quiet on that front.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Di Marzio says Chelsea are after Dzeko. A lot more credible than going after Crouch. Not clear whether Roma are interested.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum