January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 am

A striker too if you ask me, someone to mix it up a bit.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am

nottsblue wrote:Is Mendy out for the season? And does anyone know whats wrong with Fern?

The two areas in which we have insufficient quality cover. Maybe we have already planned who we want in the summer and maybe we can bring them early. But we didn't bring anyone in those positions in the summer for onecreason or another.

Unless its a target brought early I think I'd sooner not see anyone rather than a panic buy who then might not fit and we struggle to offload. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and we just have to get on with it. We may not win the PL this year. We may well retain it. Either way, as long as we have given it our best shot and have entertained and picked up a cup along the way as a little bonus, come May I'll take that. Be very disappointed not to win the PL especially if the murderers win it, but no one has a right to win it. It must be earned over 38 games and if we fall short then so be it. We learn and move on. To be fair to baconface and the rags its one thing they did very well. When Arsenal and Chelsea won titles they took it on the chin, regrouped, improved their squad and went again the next season. We need that mentality and hunger and drive.

But back to the January window. Be surprised if we got our guys early as most clubs don't sell before their own season is done
No and apparently no again. We all know we need cover for those positions and the striker options need to be improved. The Spafia are inept, their arrogance and lack of negotiating expertise have landed us with a big problem.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 am

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Is Mendy out for the season? And does anyone know whats wrong with Fern?

The two areas in which we have insufficient quality cover. Maybe we have already planned who we want in the summer and maybe we can bring them early. But we didn't bring anyone in those positions in the summer for onecreason or another.

Unless its a target brought early I think I'd sooner not see anyone rather than a panic buy who then might not fit and we struggle to offload. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and we just have to get on with it. We may not win the PL this year. We may well retain it. Either way, as long as we have given it our best shot and have entertained and picked up a cup along the way as a little bonus, come May I'll take that. Be very disappointed not to win the PL especially if the murderers win it, but no one has a right to win it. It must be earned over 38 games and if we fall short then so be it. We learn and move on. To be fair to baconface and the rags its one thing they did very well. When Arsenal and Chelsea won titles they took it on the chin, regrouped, improved their squad and went again the next season. We need that mentality and hunger and drive.

But back to the January window. Be surprised if we got our guys early as most clubs don't sell before their own season is done
No and apparently no again. We all know we need cover for those positions and the striker options need to be improved. The Spafia are inept, their arrogance and lack of negotiating expertise have landed us with a big problem.

I really don't understand the level of criticism for the 'Spafia', yes mistakes are made, like everywhere but you're talking about a DoF who was part responsible for building arguably the best club side the world has seen.

Without intimate knowledge of these deals, which I'm assuming none of us on here have, then how can we say how good/bad/indifferent their negotiating skills are? The purse strings need to be considered too as them cunts are always gunning for us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:40 am

Cobblers.

50% of what trophies they've won in the last 30 years are attributable to favourable refereeing , and getting goals/decisions/penalties from officials intimidated by WhiskyBreath . DO NOT ask ME to be FAIR to f* BaconFace, he's a cheating c*t !
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I really don't understand the level of criticism for the 'Spafia', yes mistakes are made, like everywhere but you're talking about a DoF who was part responsible for building arguably the best club side the world has seen.

Without intimate knowledge of these deals, which I'm assuming none of us on here have, then how can we say how good/bad/indifferent their negotiating skills are? The purse strings need to be considered too as them cunts are always gunning for us.

On the plus side and despite the inevitable dogs breakfasts they landed KDB, Sane, Walker, Jesus and Bernardo. Then we also got Mendy, Gundogan, Mahrez, Bravo, Nolito, Mangala, Bony - £200m+ wasted through sheer incompetence.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

On the plus side and despite the inevitable dogs breakfasts they landed KDB, Sane, Walker, Jesus and Bernardo. Then we also got Mendy, Gundogan, Mahrez, Bravo, Nolito, Mangala, Bony - £200m+ wasted through sheer incompetence.

Ederson, Laporte, Fernandinho, Sterling too but who's counting?

I presume Pellegrini and Guardiola don't share responsibility on them signings?

And fwiw Gundogan at 20m is still a bargain regardless.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Ederson, Laporte, Fernandinho, Sterling too but who's counting?
I presume Pellegrini and Guardiola don't share responsibility on them signings?
And fwiw Gundogan at 20m is still a bargain regardless.
Fair enough and the managers share responsibility but we do have a poor record for landing our targets compared to Chelsea - which is the benchmark. The lack of cover now at LB and DM is indefensible IMO.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:31 pm

sign rice and sessegnon
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:sign rice and sessegnon

Sessegnon has been shocking so far this season. I know he had a great season last year but he has been found wanting this season. Not to be too harsh on the lad though as he is only a baby. I just think it's a little too soon to be at this level at the moment.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Spurge » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:47 pm

I agree with that re sessegnon. Important that he learns from this season as it can still be a positive in terms of progression.

Rice has a full season more in the prem and looks all the better for it. See WHU have tied him down on an extended contract today. Very wise as when he goes it ensures they will get good money for him - he looks every bit a player with a big future ahead of him.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby s1ty m » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:33 am

I've seen a few hints about Fartygas in the various media outlets. Horrible little git.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:20 am

s1ty m wrote:I've seen a few hints about Fartygas in the various media outlets. Horrible little git.

Like him getting Fern sent off
Odious has been
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

We lost the current best player in Germany due to baldies refusal to fucking play him....not even a few minutes in any game.

That's about as disgusting as some of the spafias signings.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

We lost the current best player in Germany due to baldies refusal to fucking play him....not even a few minutes in any game.

That's about as disgusting as some of the spafias signings.

He was 16 when he was here ffs
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:30 am

WTF has his age got to do with his ability ?

Stop looking for excuses that don't exist..he was good enough and Dortmund certainly recognized this.

All PeP had to do was play him a few minutes here and there to convince him , like he did with Foden...but he didn't....he went out and bought MehRez instead.

Sometimes its best just to fuckign recognize a fuckup from our hierarchy when theres a fuck up instead of looking for non existing excuses.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:34 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WTF has his age got to do with his ability ?

Nothing at all Carl, perfectly reasonable to throw a 16 year old in when we were struggling to get the results to qualify for Champions League in a team that was still adapting to the new manager's methods.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:36 am

No, he wasn't good enough for them then either, he didn't start a game for them until 6 months into his contract there, just shy of his 18th birthday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:41 am

And Mahrez didn't sign until a full year after Sancho had left.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And Mahrez didn't sign until a full year after Sancho had left.

Mehrez was penciled in back then.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WTF has his age got to do with his ability ?

Nothing at all Carl, perfectly reasonable to throw a 16 year old in when we were struggling to get the results to qualify for Champions League in a team that was still adapting to the new manager's methods.

Excuses excuses excuses.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum