January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:02 pm

VVD is a scouse player for $100 million sounds even more than £75 million!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby failsworthblue » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Unlike Maureen , Klopp is trying to sort out what is wrong with his team.

Pity that he has gone to the wrong club , but he will only make them better.

You never know it could be their season next year :roll:
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Thank fuck that saga ended and we did not go after that mediocre defender.

incredible transfer fee.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:30 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Unlike Maureen , Klopp is trying to sort out what is wrong with his team.

Pity that he has gone to the wrong club , but he will only make them better.

You never know it could be their season next year :roll:

Their season without the Coot anyway...
now Klopp's got his new teeth he might fancy his chances elsewhere too if they don't make the top 4
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
I think there is about a 0-5% chance we sign a centre midfielder in the January window as cover for Fern, unless he becomes injured.

Yaya is staying until the end of the season and is what he is now. The backup.

I know Fern reportedly signed a new contract through next season but like I have read/heard from Sam Lee, if we are signing someone it would make sense to be someone who will fight with him for his place and the quality available now is not going to be there, nor are we as desperate.

I don't see Can, Weigel, Milinković-Savić (Lazio) or Goretzka coming until the summer at all.

When I keep reading fans saying that a CM is a top priority I wonder how can that be when we are relying on Mangala every wee and Delph/Zinchenko, and Fern has an excellent track record with injuries?

Delph has done more than well enough, and I assume we don't want to go too overboard spending on a left back given this, as well as that Mendy will make a comeback for his place next season. If we go for a fullback I suspect it will be someone who is either very young as an emergency backup to Zinchenko or very experienced/not expected to stay long (who would that be?). I am not even sure we will sign one now that Zinchenko has shown some flashes and we are so far ahead in the league, unless Delph's fitness becomes an issue as it has.

VVD is clearly the move we will look to make, with Inigo Martinez plan B and JFE as a last resort.
You sound pretty confident that there won't be much transfer action beyond a new CB next month and that's certainly what everybody expects. Based on all previous indicators it's a sure bet really but .... we're deluding ourselves if we think Delph/Zinchenko is adequate cover for LB or Yaya is for DM or Mangala is for CB . If those problems can fixed in January I think they will be, however improbable it may seem. Sanchez coming sooner or later is a given.

Late as hell on this, but I am fairly confident that those targets make sense given the circumstances.

If we spend on a left back who is here to fight for a place in the first team, again, I do wonder what is the plan when Mendy returns next season?

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea to go after a LB, but tricky given what has happened -- Delph performing well.

When Mendy became injured it was almost assured that we would go for a left back, but now, it's not so certain. We are also leaving out Danilo who can also play there. We are so far ahead in the league, possibly 15 points after today, that I can't see that as much as a priority as CB, but we could sign someone.

Our top target is now gone, so I don't know what we will do about CB (as Vinny goes down with an injury...again).

Get ready for JFE as a stop gap/backup now, unless Pep fancies Martinez as I think we have to sign someone.

Danilo might also play more there, especially if we go with 3 at the back (as we are against Newcastle today)

Alderweireld could come next summer, and would be a great fit, but I think it would be for more than £75m.

This is even though his contract would be with only one season left (Spurs can extend a season but will mean a 25m release clause) as we are dealing with a rival and Levy.

As for Yaya as backup, that's what he's here. Just for this season.

Danilo has also played there as well as CB, and Gundo can, even though he hasn't played there so much.

I get the concern, but Fernandinho's injury record is far better than Delph and the issue there is both of them are aging and the market for a legit replacement for Fern is going to be available over the summer.

The issue of availability and price based on what window we are looking at is something to take into account.

We shall see, but I've been confident in our buys of late, even if it is JFE which we all know will wind up quite a few of our fans.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:50 pm

dick dastardley wrote:VVD is a scouse player for $100 million sounds even more than £75 million!

Great , I don't want him wearing sky blue anyway.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Reece Oxford set to leave West Ham for £8 million in January?! I thought this kid was the next big thing?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:38 pm

zuricity wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:VVD is a scouse player for $100 million sounds even more than £75 million!

Agreed. Over priced and over rated, glad he's not over here.

Sticking my neck out a bit here , but how badly do we really need another centreback ? Rocks is back soon, Tarka looks like a new player, Eli has done well enough when called upon, Tosser can mind the store ok against weaker opposition, 'Dinho can fill the role too ; I reckon we can manage . Certainly don't need to get bent over a barrel for a dose of the clap . Maybe the Spanish lad at Atletico (?) .
Same for LB - Delph's been fab , Danny boy did fine last night. Otter's back in a couple of months ; I don't think we're desperate in either of those positions.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Sticking my neck out a bit here , but how badly do we really need another centreback ? Rocks is back soon, Tarka looks like a new player, Eli has done well enough when called upon, Tosser can mind the store ok against weaker opposition, 'Dinho can fill the role too ; I reckon we can manage . Certainly don't need to get bent over a barrel for a dose of the clap . Maybe the Spanish lad at Atletico (?) .
Same for LB - Delph's been fab , Danny boy did fine last night. Otter's back in a couple of months ; I don't think we're desperate in either of those positions.

I think we do need a left back as we don't have one available at the club. Mendy won't be back til April but no guarantee he will be ready at all this season. Delph is injured. He has done a great job but how often he will be available is unclear. We can get by with Danilo at LB but the club will be aiming very high. If we are to go on and win the Champs league then we can't afford to have Danilo in that position. Yes, we could get by but not if we are to take on the very best.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Actually think pep would have made a very good defender of VVD. But the fee was probably always too high for us. Interesting to see what kloppty can do with him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Klopp already told the dipper fans to not worry or think about the fee.

Funny that, seem to recall he has been quite vocal about our spending in the past and not in a complimentary way.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:38 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Same for LB - Delph's been fab , Danny boy did fine last night. Otter'sback in a couple of months ; I don't think we're desperate in either of those positions.

I think we do need a left back as we don't have one available at the club. Mendy won't be back til April but no guarantee he will be ready at all this season. Delph is injured.He has done a great job but how often he will be available is unclear. We can get by with Danilo at LB but the club will be aiming very high. If we are to go on and win the Champs league then we can't afford to have Danilo in that position. Yes, we could get by but not if we are to take on the very best.

Otter will be back from where in two months? RR :?

'Fabinho was"unwell" last night according the club' it was reported as opposed to injured - so he could be available for Palace.

on the CB front

Aymeric Laporte.
Jonathan Tah
Kalidou Koulibaly
Jose Gimenez
Yerry Mina

all being quoted in the bookies odds - any of those rocking up at City next month would be a cause for celebration according to my computer game playing friends
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm

If the Scum go ahead and, in the January transfer window, spend the equivalent of a small nation's GDP on new players, I fervently hope that the powers that be in Glazerland don't break up the Mourinho-Woodward axis, which has served the Swamp rats so badly, but allow them to continue to recruit any number of mediocre mercenaries without any constraints being placed on their activities.

These two clowns are doing a grand job in wasting the Scum's money in a most inspiring and thrilling fashion and long may they be allowed to continue and reign supreme in their ineptitude.

Moreover, even when Mourinho finally gets dumped unceremoniously on his posterior, please let agent Woodward still retain his position of destructor-in-chief of the Ragtops prospects.

It's not much to ask the Gods of Football to ensure.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:If the Scum go ahead and, in the January transfer window, spend the equivalent of a small nation's GDP on new players, I fervently hope that the powers that be in Glazerland don't break up the Mourinho-Woodward axis, which has served the Swamp rats so badly, but allow them to continue to recruit any number of mediocre mercenaries without any constraints being placed on their activities.

These two clowns are doing a grand job in wasting the Scum's money in a most inspiring and thrilling fashion and long may they be allowed to continue and reign supreme in their ineptitude.

Moreover, even when Mourinho finally gets dumped unceremoniously on his posterior, please let agent Woodward still retain his position of destructor-in-chief of the Ragtops prospects.

It's not much to ask the Gods of Football to ensure.

The raggy road to ruin sketched by our own supremely eloquent Nostradamus :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:27 pm

dybala to rags a possibility?? still hate the cheating little scrote but have to admit he is class.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:dybala to rags a possibility?? still hate the cheating little scrote but have to admit he is class.

Surely not at the price being quoted? 100m plus he will go for.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:dybala to rags a possibility?? still hate the cheating little scrote but have to admit he is class.

Surely not at the price being quoted? 100m plus he will go for.

I think the rags might pay it. they are desperate to stay relevant and Maureen has been banging the drum about needing to spend more...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:19 pm

They could probably also offer Mkhitaryan in the deal as well. Juve would fancy him
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:22 pm

I think Dybala will be the next big thing in Madrid.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby JamieMCFC » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:42 am

Looks like the official Nike site might have leaked Coutinho is off to Barca in January.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum