January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:06 pm

SSN currently running a rehash about Pep's '18 month transfer plan', apparently we could wait until the summer for Sanchez because we don't want to upset the squad balance. It seems Van Dyck could be coming in January, so could Jonny (*****) Evans and so could unspecified cover for Fernandinho. Maybe just copying this from the Indy but the same story in the Telegraph, Guardian, Goal and the BBC strongly suggests a press briefing following the Chairman's recent visit.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Whatever Pep and the spafia thought of the way Arse behaved over Sanchez, they wouldn't be human if they let them get any money at all back on him.
As my mum would say, "They (Arse and Wenger) made their bed, now they can lie in it"
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:Whatever Pep and the spafia thought of the way Arse behaved over Sanchez, they wouldn't be human if they let them get any money at all back on him.
As my mum would say, "They (Arse and Wenger) made their bed, now they can lie in it"

Good lady, she didn't swear ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:SSN currently running a rehash about Pep's '18 month transfer plan', apparently we could wait until the summer for Sanchez because we don't want to upset the squad balance. It seems Van Dyck could be coming in January, so could Jonny (*****) Evans and so could unspecified cover for Fernandinho. Maybe just copying this from the Indy but the same story in the Telegraph, Guardian, Goal and the BBC strongly suggests a press briefing following the Chairman's recent visit.

Surely the Saints are going to want crazy money for VVD didn't Liverpool have a 50 million pound offer turned down in the summer.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:59 pm

i don’t understand the blind acceptance that because the media associate a player with city, he must be good . Van Dijk has proven nothing , no way is he worth the kind of money being mentioned , as for the Arsenal story , why do we want such a difficult player ? Sanchez should go to Paris.

Unearth another nugget like Jesus, kun. Sanchez can rot at the Arse as far as i am concerned , we have some good stuff coming through from. the reserves.
Last edited by zuricity on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm

zuricity wrote:i don’t understand the blind acceptance that because the media associate a player with city, he must be good . Van Dyke has proven nothing , no way is he worth the kind of money being mentioned , as for the Arsenal story , why do we want such a difficult player ? Sanchez should go to Paris.

Unearth another nugget like Jesus, kun. Sanchez can rot at the Arse as far as i am concerned , we have some good stuff coming through from. the reserves.

Every time I’ve seen VVD I’ve thought he was awful! Surely there’s got to be better out there?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:i don’t understand the blind acceptance that because the media associate a player with city, he must be good . Van Dyke has proven nothing , no way is he worth the kind of money being mentioned , as for the Arsenal story , why do we want such a difficult player ? Sanchez should go to Paris.

Every time I’ve seen VVD I’ve thought he was awful! Surely there’s got to be better out there?!

you must be scratching your head then when they're looking for £50m+ for the lad! ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

you must be scratching your head then when they're looking for £50m+ for the lad! ;)

That was a decent price for Stones as he’s still young and developing. But VVD is what, 50?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

That was a decent price for Stones as he’s still young and developing. But VVD is what, 50?

nearer 70 I heard
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Van Dyke is just a shit Mangala.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Jonty22 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Zaha to City - really??
Not another Wilf surely :o

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fried-zaha

Probably bollox but he does fit the Pep winger mould, badly mismanaged at the rags.

I think he is a good player, no idea what happened at the rags with him, however, he is Palace's best player by a country mile and looks top notch on his day.

The rumours were that he was nobbing Moyses' daughter. :lol:
Jonty22
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Balotelli added to Gazzetta dello Sport: “I love City, the Manchester City fans and the club. I’d happily go back there for free. It was the best year of my life“
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Mase wrote:Balotelli added to Gazzetta dello Sport: “I love City, the Manchester City fans and the club. I’d happily go back there for free. It was the best year of my life“

He also said he'd play for us again for nowt ;)

Not sure how GMF&RS would take that news if it happens :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25 pm

johnny crossan wrote:SSN currently running a rehash about Pep's '18 month transfer plan', apparently we could wait until the summer for Sanchez because we don't want to upset the squad balance. It seems Van Dyck could be coming in January, so could Jonny (*****) Evans and so could unspecified cover for Fernandinho. Maybe just copying this from the Indy but the same story in the Telegraph, Guardian, Goal and the BBC strongly suggests a press briefing following the Chairman's recent visit.

I think there is about a 0-5% chance we sign a centre midfielder in the January window as cover for Fern, unless he becomes injured.

Yaya is staying until the end of the season and is what he is now. The backup.

I know Fern reportedly signed a new contract through next season but like I have read/heard from Sam Lee, if we are signing someone it would make sense to be someone who will fight with him for his place and the quality available now is not going to be there, nor are we as desperate.

I don't see Can, Weigel, Milinković-Savić (Lazio) or Goretzka coming until the summer at all.

When I keep reading fans saying that a CM is a top priority I wonder how can that be when we are relying on Mangala every wee and Delph/Zinchenko, and Fern has an excellent track record with injuries?

Delph has done more than well enough, and I assume we don't want to go too overboard spending on a left back given this, as well as that Mendy will make a comeback for his place next season. If we go for a fullback I suspect it will be someone who is either very young as an emergency backup to Zinchenko or very experienced/not expected to stay long (who would that be?). I am not even sure we will sign one now that Zinchenko has shown some flashes and we are so far ahead in the league, unless Delph's fitness becomes an issue as it has.

VVD is clearly the move we will look to make, with Inigo Martinez plan B and JFE as a last resort.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:Balotelli added to Gazzetta dello Sport: “I love City, the Manchester City fans and the club. I’d happily go back there for free. It was the best year of my life“

He also said he'd play for us again for nowt ;)

Not sure how GMF&RS would take that news if it happens :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've got to love him. haven't you.
Just don't let him near the first team.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Burt » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:45 pm

Jonty22 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Zaha to City - really??
Not another Wilf surely :o

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fried-zaha

Probably bollox but he does fit the Pep winger mould, badly mismanaged at the rags.

I think he is a good player, no idea what happened at the rags with him, however, he is Palace's best player by a country mile and looks top notch on his day.

The rumours were that he was nobbing Moyses' daughter. :lol:

Nope, I had it on very, very good authority that his brother is a gangster down south and it was playing havoc with Zaha and the club
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 pm

Somebody disconnect the door bell fast.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I think there is about a 0-5% chance we sign a centre midfielder in the January window as cover for Fern, unless he becomes injured.

Yaya is staying until the end of the season and is what he is now. The backup.

I know Fern reportedly signed a new contract through next season but like I have read/heard from Sam Lee, if we are signing someone it would make sense to be someone who will fight with him for his place and the quality available now is not going to be there, nor are we as desperate.

I don't see Can, Weigel, Milinković-Savić (Lazio) or Goretzka coming until the summer at all.

When I keep reading fans saying that a CM is a top priority I wonder how can that be when we are relying on Mangala every wee and Delph/Zinchenko, and Fern has an excellent track record with injuries?

Delph has done more than well enough, and I assume we don't want to go too overboard spending on a left back given this, as well as that Mendy will make a comeback for his place next season. If we go for a fullback I suspect it will be someone who is either very young as an emergency backup to Zinchenko or very experienced/not expected to stay long (who would that be?). I am not even sure we will sign one now that Zinchenko has shown some flashes and we are so far ahead in the league, unless Delph's fitness becomes an issue as it has.

VVD is clearly the move we will look to make, with Inigo Martinez plan B and JFE as a last resort.
You sound pretty confident that there won't be much transfer action beyond a new CB next month and that's certainly what everybody expects. Based on all previous indicators it's a sure bet really but .... we're deluding ourselves if we think Delph/Zinchenko is adequate cover for LB or Yaya is for DM or Mangala is for CB . If those problems can fixed in January I think they will be, however improbable it may seem. Sanchez coming sooner or later is a given.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just seen the presser and Pep was asked if we'd be in for Sanchez again. I don't think Pep wanted to lie so just squirmed a little before leaving the room.

Quite a funny moment.

My info is that we aren't going for Sanchez but will be going for Van Dyke this January.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum