Satisfied or Amazed?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Satisfied or Amazed?

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:01 pm

As has been mentioned in another thread, we already have 29 goals in 8 PL games, a feat not been seen since 1894. I'd wager at least one PL team this year, probably one of which will be Huddersfield, won't score that many in the entire season.

Another 100+ goal season is very much on the cards
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm

That song about we'll score when we want seems to be literally true with this team.
I was just gobstruck today with how incredibly good we were.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:03 pm

It's a shame there is the comparison with last season where we started with a run of wins but our league form in the first 10 games wasnt actually that good. Scrappy and fortunate wins I seems to remember and then draws against Everton , Soton and Middlesboro all at home in our first 6 games or so. Is that about right?

The football and the nature of the wins this season are world's apart
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 am

Chinners wrote:A lot of people were saying a similar thing this time last season (I think we are playing far better) .... I'd love to think we could keep it up for the season .... but we won't .... still fancy us for the league mind

The football we are playing now is MUCH better in several key areas, and even as good as we were during that run of games, we had our flaws, and it was only maybe the United game and the Barca games that stood out. It seems to be every game now. Key changes:

- We work far harder to win the ball back immediately and the teamwork in general is excellent
- We have infinitely better play and pace from the fullback/wingback positions
- We have a massively improved keeper who has key abilities that make him stand out and enhance the defence and attack
- The defending from our two centre halves is drastically better where they are playing very well together, cleaning up any mess, and not making mistakes. Stones is particularly standing out as we still get some errors from Otamendi.
- KDB and Silva did not quite seem suited or seemed to struggle with the roaming 8s role last season, where as now it's much different, and KDB is also in a deeper role and playing on some otherworldly level of the sport
- We are finishing our chances at a much higher rate where we didn't have Jesus at all, Sane did not come into form until the 2nd half last season and Sterling is also now finishing at a very high rate.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby aaron bond » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It's a shame there is the comparison with last season where we started with a run of wins but our league form in the first 10 games wasnt actually that good. Scrappy and fortunate wins I seems to remember and then draws against Everton , Soton and Middlesboro all at home in our first 6 games or so. Is that about right?

The football and the nature of the wins this season are world's apart

Last season’s performances at the beginning were not convincing. The only standout performance was away to United but even that was for only 45 minutes.

This season we are completely controlling every game and scoring plenty of goals.

There is still a long way to go but we’ve been incredible so far.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:18 am

We couldn't put in a full 90 minute performance last year, some decent football in patches, but that's it.
For some time if Kompany,Aguero or Yaya were missing we were fucked, we barely miss a beat now, if at all.
I loved watching Yaya's cameo role yeaterday, but whilst he played well, we really don't need him anymore. I hope he gets to contribute and have a great send off this season.

Pep is delivering the type of football nobody else is now, and it was hard to imagine it was coming after some of last year's efforts. I never thought I'd see us play like this. It's light years ahead of that turgid crap being peddled out elsewhere by our rivals.
Im being converted!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 am

The first half of the game against West Ham last season was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

This season we are producing similar football for 80 minutes. There are some lulls but you've got to credit the opposition with that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Justified logic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:We need to tighten up in defence; conceding two goals to a rubbing-rag outfit like Stoke is just not on......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Crikey though, who needs a defence with such a fantastically potent attack ??

We ought to get another forward in January :lol: :lol: ;)

Tongue in cheek I know, but conceding that second goal was sloppy. The header was going wide but it was a free header. Pep won't have liked that!

I'm amazed at our quality. I'll be satisfied if we carry this form on through the first half of the season, taking (almost - let's not be too greedy!) all points off our rivals and heading the CL group.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:20 pm

I catch myself chuckling to myself sometimes just at the thought of how well we're playing.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Im fuckign amazed at DELPH......Hypothetically , if we had bought him from Monaco for 40 odd million to be our left back Id hazard a guess none of us would be upset with the way he has performed.

Seriously , hes been one of the best left backs this season IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im fuckign amazed at DELPH......Hypothetically , if we had bought him from Monaco for 40 odd million to be our left back Id hazard a guess none of us would be upset with the way he has performed.

he's fucking magic
quite possibly the biggest surprise ever?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im fuckign amazed at DELPH......Hypothetically , if we had bought him from Monaco for 40 odd million to be our left back Id hazard a guess none of us would be upset with the way he has performed.

he's fucking magic
quite possibly the biggest surprise ever?

If he stays injury free then I think we have a fuckign winner in this position..he pisses all over Kolarov or Clichy for sure.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Chinners » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Agreed .... he has always come across as a decent bloke in interviews as well, never moaned about not playing and decided to stay at City in the summer and fight for his place (or Mendy's) .... well in Fabian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Keeping Delph fit will be the problem. I still think a left back will be signed in Jan.
Let's hope he can stay injury free until then.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:57 pm

sheblue wrote:Keeping Delph fit will be the problem. I still think a left back will be signed in Jan.

you are spot on, imo.
and more importantly i think none agrees more than Pep.

Delph Is playing like a hero, I am stunned and moved by his professionalism, attitude and skills, but yesterday we saw a little of his obvious defensive limits.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:00 pm

sheblue wrote:Keeping Delph fit will be the problem. I still think a left back will be signed in Jan.

I'm certain we will sign a left back. I'm very impressed by Delph's left back displays, but having only him makes us tactically predictable. We need a (fit) speed merchant as well to mix things up.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Amazed: I am really looking forward to playing the Rags, can't wait
Satisfied: When we blow them away and show up how limited and anti-football they are
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 am

We have been ourstanding and I’m loving watching us play but it will all mean nothing if we fail to win a major trophy. Comeback and ask the question in May and then I will give an answer.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am

Sister of fu wrote:We have been ourstanding and I’m loving watching us play but it will all mean nothing if we fail to win a major trophy. Comeback and ask the question in May and then I will give an answer.

I know what you mean but I found myself saying if we carry on playing like this I don't think I care if we don't win the league.

I know I don't really mean it as we must win the league, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about but wow is this football good
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:21 am

Satisfied is an understatement. I don't remember ever seeing any of the teams Beefy mentioned playing like we do now (possibly Pep's Barca). So I am also utterly amazed.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum