Satisfied or Amazed?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Satisfied or Amazed?

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

Amazed and feeling great apart from the fucking hangovers !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:We have been ourstanding and I’m loving watching us play but it will all mean nothing if we fail to win a major trophy. Comeback and ask the question in May and then I will give an answer.

I know what you mean but I found myself saying if we carry on playing like this I don't think I care if we don't win the league.

Agree with DH's each and every word.

aside the fact that if you run an Aston Martin at constant full throttle on a staight, nail free motorway, odds are well below parity that You are gonna arrive first.... :twisted:

even more importantly, I think I never heard a Blue talking of trophies ahead of entertainment, unless to enphasizes the former as consequence of the latter.
I for one, have been waiting since WC1974 to be as entertained by a game of football as I am this season. I for one, should the unthinkable eventually happens, I will give no fuss at it, apart reserving my rights to rigtheous and estended moaning rants.

Finally, in absolute playfull mood and with zero intention to deem disrespect, I just coined my own definition for when someone with a massive balanced competence and intelligence on football state something in the tune of Sis above:
I call it a showing off of someone's "anti-arragonce antibodies". ;)

respect, fellas!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:We have been ourstanding and I’m loving watching us play but it will all mean nothing if we fail to win a major trophy. Comeback and ask the question in May and then I will give an answer.

I know what you mean but I found myself saying if we carry on playing like this I don't think I care if we don't win the league.

Agree with DH's each and every word.

aside the fact that if you run an Aston Martin at constant full throttle on a staight, nail free motorway, odds are well below parity that You are gonna arrive first.... :twisted:

even more importantly, I think I never heard a Blue talking of trophies ahead of entertainment, unless to enphasizes the former as consequence of the latter.
I for one, have been waiting since WC1974 to be as entertained by a game of football as I am this season. I for one, should the unthinkable eventually happens, I will give no fuss at it, apart reserving my rights to rigtheous and estended moaning rants.

Finally, in absolute playfull mood and with zero intention to deem disrespect, I just coined my own definition for when someone with a massive balanced competence and intelligence on football state something in the tune of Sis above:
I call it a showing off of someone's "anti-arragonce antibodies". ;)

respect, fellas!

I love the way that we play football, its 100% how the game should be played and I am not complaining but I stand by my opinion that we have to win a major trophy. The history books will not say in 2017/2018 season Manchester City played football like god intended but finished 2nd and got knocked out of the champions league.

It will be a dream come true for City to win the league playing in this fashion and if we do we could possibly go down as the best ever premier league winning team but I am not getting carried away, just yet.

Whether we agree or not City need to start winning trophies more regular which in England is not mean feat due to how competitive it is. Its 9 years now since the take over and I am still waiting for us to dominate English football. We are probably the most consistent in terms of league place finishes in the last 7 years but I think at times we have flattered to deceive.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Shakermaker90 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Looking back over the years, with the exception of the Pearce era perhaps, I'd say we've always been one of the most entertaining football clubs in the country for various reasons, though not always because of the football we've produced. The style of play that we're seeing now is exceptionally close to being the dazzling performances that we'd see from the great teams in club football. The type of football that we'd see from Barca etc and watch on in awe, we're slowly getting towards that - but let's not get carried away.

What's made this season (so far) all the more enjoyable, is that we're playing with swagger, an almost sexy brand of attacking football, the closest we came to this before would be was arguably Pellegrini's first season where we bulldozed teams, with Negredo and Aguero having formed a great partnership. However, not only is this season's football more complete and of a better standard, we also look like we have more than just a Plan A, whereas I never really got that impression under Pellegrini.
Last edited by Shakermaker90 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm

i am both. satisfied - more than satisfied - with our results thus far, and amazed that we're playing at such a high level already. i didn't expect us to gel until later this season or possibly the next.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:57 pm

i don't recall a moment when i did not agree on Sis's footie, barring maybe slight diffent perception of Mancini job and where I more probably was on the faulty side due to personal bias.

was just taking a moderate and respectfull, I hope, piss, mostly out of my current City driven, over the Blue moon, mood.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:Looking back over the years, with the exception of the Pearce era perhaps, I'd say we've always been one of the most entertaining football clubs in the country for various reasons, though not always because of the football we've produced. The style of play that we're seeing now is exceptionally close to being the dazzling performances that we'd see from the great teams in club football. The type of football that we'd see from Barca etc and watch on in awe, we're slowly getting towards that - but let's not get carried away.

What's made this season (so far) all the more enjoyable, is that we're playing with swagger, an almost sexy brand of attacking football, the closest we came to this before would be was arguably Pellegrini's first season where we bulldozed teams, with Negredo and Aguero having formed a great partnership. However, not only is this season's football more complete and of a better standard, we also look like we have more than just a Plan A, whereas I never really got that impression under Pellegrini.

Totally disagree with the perhaps about Pearce :mrgreen:
Apart from that one word it's spot on
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 pm

At the moment, it's football ftom a different planet when contrasted to the more mundane offerings of other sides in the PL.

Moreover, there are other sides who shall be nameless, to whom the concept of actually playing 'football', is an alien and bewildering prospect altogether.

Long may we continue to strive for perfection.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Agree with sis. Really need to win playing this way to cement our style in to the record books.

Amazing to watch though. Strange I've not had many comments about football at work over past few weeks.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dronny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Sane, Jesus and Sterling

Satisfied and amazed but never bored
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Agree with sis. Really need to win playing this way to cement our style in to the record books.

Amazing to watch though. Strange I've not had many comments about football at work over past few weeks.

We can win 1-0 in style as well just like at Stamford Bridge , its not all about scoring 4 , 5 or 6 every week . One game at a time fuck the record books for now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dronny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Sane, Jesus and Sterling

Satisfied and amazed but never bored
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:At the moment, it's football ftom a different planet when contrasted to the more mundane offerings of other sides in the PL.

Moreover, there are other sides who shall be nameless, to whom the concept of actually playing 'football', is an alien and bewildering prospect altogether.

Long may we continue to strive for perfection.

But that nameless side only did so because they played against a team that were supposedly too afraid to attack so they had a legit excuse to not attack back. So said their manager.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 pm

In regards to winning trophies. Is that what football is ALL about? Surely the way the game is played has a significance as well?

The rags won two pots last year whilst playing some dire stuff along the way. Now, I know the record books don't say how the pots were won, just that they were but if you are not entertained along the way, is it not a Pyrrhic victory?

I know that sooner or later we need to win another pot, or two, and we haven't won as much as we perhaps should've done if I'm being brutally honest. But in all seriousness I'd sooner play awesome football, score some of the best goals and finish runners up than win the title through bus parking and scrappy wins and pragmatism. Yes Mourinho, this means you.

Of course everyone wants to win the title by playing the best most adventurous and scintillating football and we are certainly capable of this. But if for whatever reason we don't, as long as the football throughout the season is exhilarating as it has been so far then I for one won't be complaining.

In short, for me, simply winning alone is NOT the be all and end all
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 pm

City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Agree with sis. Really need to win playing this way to cement our style in to the record books.

We can win 1-0 in style as well just like at Stamford Bridge , its not all about scoring 4 , 5 or 6 every week . One game at a time fuck the record books for now .

The 0-1 at Stamford Bridge was IMO the performance of the season. Probably one of the best away performances of the premier league era by anyone. Loved it.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 pm

City64 wrote:

Didn't mention scoring tons. Just want this style to last all season. Agree Chelsea was best performance for me as they're no push over.

Wanna smash the league this year.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Didn't mention scoring tons. Just want this style to last all season. Agree Chelsea was best performance for me as they're no push over.

Wanna smash the league this year.

Same here mate ,think we are all dreaming massive dreams at the minute it is incredible . Christmas fixture period will be defining for me, where we are , relative fit squad etc etc . Mind blowing at the minute though 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:In regards to winning trophies. Is that what football is ALL about? Surely the way the game is played has a significance as well?

The rags won two pots last year whilst playing some dire stuff along the way. Now, I know the record books don't say how the pots were won, just that they were but if you are not entertained along the way, is it not a Pyrrhic victory?

I know that sooner or later we need to win another pot, or two, and we haven't won as much as we perhaps should've done if I'm being brutally honest. But in all seriousness I'd sooner play awesome football, score some of the best goals and finish runners up than win the title through bus parking and scrappy wins and pragmatism. Yes Mourinho, this means you.

Of course everyone wants to win the title by playing the best most adventurous and scintillating football and we are certainly capable of this. But if for whatever reason we don't, as long as the football throughout the season is exhilarating as it has been so far then I for one won't be complaining.

In short, for me, simply winning alone is NOT the be all and end all

That says it all for me as well NB.

Very nicely expressed as well old chum :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum