Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:01 am

Why Roberto Mancini fell out with everyone at Manchester City
The Italian delivered the first taste of major success to the Etihad in the modern era, winning the FA Cup and the Premier League, City’s first in 44 years.
But one of the players who played under Mancini has claimed that the former Inter Miland and Sampdoria playmaker wasn’t the most popular with anyone at the club by the time he left.
Mancini was sacked by the higher-ups at City after an ill-fated FA Cup final where he saw his side lose to Wigan in 2013. But weeks before his dismissal, the writing was already on the wall for Mancini, with a number of stories in the press detailing the board’s displeasure with the former Sampdoria and Leicester playmaker.
Shay Given, who played the role of back-up goalkeeper behind Joe Hart during Mancini’s reign, claims that Mancini managed to fall out with everyone from the star players to the workers in the canteen.
“He fell out with everyone,” Given says in his new autobiography, which has been serialised in The Daily Mirror.
“And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. The players, the back-up staff, the physios, the kitman, the press officers, the canteen workers, the car park lads, the lot.”
“Every single morning, he’d sit on an exercise bike and the physio would come to him to report what condition the squad was in. That was the start of World War Three every day. The physios would deliver a standard list of who was and wasn’t fit and he would erupt in anger, accusing them of shielding fit players or not working hard enough to get injured players back.”
Given believes that Mancini did make City a better team defensively, but remains perplexed by some of his methods.
“It would just be the starting XI against nobody. Ghosts. Nothing. I’d roll the ball out to the right-back, he’d pass it back. I’d pass it to the centre-half, and he’d pass it back. I’d kick to (Craig) Bellamy or Stephen Ireland and he’d dribble, at walking speed, towards their goal. Then they passed it to Tevez or whoever and he’d have to score. Into an empty net. F***ing hell, even I’d score a hatful in those circumstances.”

Man City chosen as number one target for PSG star Edinson Cavani and more transfer rumours
Manchester City transfer news has an update on a PSG striker who's been linked to the club and the future of a current on loan forward.
Paris Saint Germain star Edinson Cavani wants to join Manchester City , according to reports in Spain.
The striker had a bust up with PSG star Neymar on the pitch back in September and Spanish outlet Don Balon claim this has led to uncertainty over his future.
Neymar has quickly established himself as the new hero of the team and the two clashed over set-piece duties, with Cavani reportedly refusing to let the former Barcelona man take penalties and free-kicks.
Consequently, Neymar wants his team-mate to be sold in January, according to the report.
The Uruguay international has been linked with Everton, Manchester United and Real Madrid since the feud but the report claims he has earmarked a move to City.
Apparently he feels he would have more chance of being a success at the Etihad than anywhere else.City are still interested in Alexis Sanchez and have Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus so Cavani could find that he would be surplus to Pep Guardiola's requirements.

City could be about to pull the plug on the loan move for one of their teenagers.
Issac Buckley- Ricketts is currently on loan at Dutch side FC Twente but hasn't made as many appearances as City would have liked.
According to The Sun , City are ready to bring him back in January to try and find him a club in the Championship.
The report claims Bolton Wanderers are keen to snap up the forward in the the hope he would bring more threat to their attack

Manchester City and Barcelona ready to go head-to-head to sign Borussia Dortmund star Julian Weigl

We're only two months into this season but already Manchester City and Barcelona are planning ahead for the next campaign.
The two clubs are ready to battle it out over the signing of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Julian Weigl, according to Diario AS.
The Spanish publication reports that the duo deem him as the 'new Sergio Busquets' as they look to strengthen in defensive midfield next summer.
Weigl only signed a contract extension with Dortmund until 2021 last December, but Diario AS believe that a move away from Germany is possible.
With midfield pairing Fernandinho and Yaya Toure out of contract next summer, Weigl has been identified as the perfect replacement by City boss Pep Guardiola.
Meanwhile, Barcelona would see Weigl as someone who could alternate with Busquets as their deepest-lying midfielder.
The 22-year-old only returned to action for the Bundesliga outfit in September, having missed the previous four months with a broken ankle.
Since returning against Cologne on September 17, Weigl has gone on to make a further four appearances in all competitions for Dortmund - scoring once.
A German international too, he has won five appearances for his country to date.

Maurizio Sarri: “I didn’t want to get depressed” watching Manchester City
Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri has heaped praise on Champions League opponents Manchester City suggesting they are the most in-form across the continent.
Pep Guardiola’s men have made a scintillating start to the Premier League season, scoring 29 goals from their opening eight games.
Meanwhile Napoli have scored 26 goals of their own in the Serie A, while maintaining a 100 per cent record.
Despite having been eliminated at the competition’s Round of 16 by eventual Real Madrid last season, Sarri says Guardiola’s side are ahead of the Spanish giants.
“The feeling I get watching Man City play, I didn’t even get watching Real Madrid last year. I always felt my team could give opponents a hard time, but this time I think Man City are a formidable team,” he told a news conference.
“But if we want to play at a certain level, we have to do it in important matches and aim at achieving results.”
When asked about his research for the game, he added: “I watched a few matches. I didn’t want to watch all of them because I didn’t want to get depressed.
“I think Man City are by far the strongest team in Europe at the moment.”
And while City may be in strong form, Sarri insisted he wasn’t going to make major changes to his side’s system.
“I would like to die a sudden death if I have to, not a painful slow death,” he said.
“When you play a tactical, savvy and gifted team like Man City, who are well prepared from a physical point of view, you have to be careful not to overthink things.
“We have to focus on our game. They could be superior to us on the pitch. From the technical point of view and speed they might be slightly better.
“All I am asking us is not to be fearful, to respect our opponents but not to fear them. Fear paralyses you and prevents you from doing your best.
“I want to see 11 players who believe in themselves. It may be impossible but maybe we have to be a little crazy. If we do not have this crazy belief then what is the point?”

Serious questions of player after Man City transfer, performing at ‘suspicious levels’
Usually when a footballer’s form is deemed ‘suspicious’, it’s an insinuation he’s playing better than would be expected and there’s a wink-wink-nudge-nudge suggestion of doping.
That’s not the case with Nolito, who is hugely failing to impress following his transfer from Manchester City to Sevilla. El Confidencial take a look at the situation, and say Nolito ‘continues at suspicious levels’… in a bad way.
Apart from a really good performance against Eibar in September, in which the forward scored one and assisted another, Nolito hasn’t been playing well and it’s clearly causing some contrvoersy.
El Confidencial explain everything was in place for the 31 year old to settle in immediately at Sevilla and add something to the team.
Expectations have been ‘diluted’ since the player arrived from Manchester City and showed the level he’s actually at, and that hasn’t improved with time as hoped for.
It’s hard to work out just what the Spanish media outlet are trying to get at, whether Manchester City sold Sevilla a dud or not. The truth is probably a combination of things: Expectations being too high, Nolito being nowhere near his best, perhaps missing some motivation, and not being in peak match fitness.
From Nolito’s perspective, there’s every chance he blamed too mmany of his woes on Manchester City and England, and has been shocked to find that, upon arriving back in Spain, he’s not suddenly in his best ever form.

Man Utd draw at Liverpool better result than Man City's 7-2 win over Stoke - Collymore
Reported by Wonderwall
STAN COLLYMORE says he’d have been happier with Manchester United’s draw at Liverpool than Manchester City’s emphatic win over Stoke.
The Red Devils travelled to Anfield on Saturday and their defensive tactics meant they kept Jurgen Klopp’s home side at bay to secure a point.
City, meanwhile, blew Stoke away at the Etihad, smashing in seven goals and opening up a two-point lead at the top of the Premier League.
United and City have been met with contrasting takes on their respective performances.
Collymore has hit out at United’s detractors though - suggesting a 0-0 draw was a better result than City’s victory.
De Bruyne was steal compared to Man Utd's Pogba, Mourinho will be kicking himself - Barnes
“I’d have been much happier with a 0-0 draw away from home against our biggest rivals than scoring seven but conceding two to a Stoke team”
Former Liverpool star Stan Collymore sounds off
Writing for the Mirror, Collymore said: "The post-match knocking of Manchester United following their goalless draw at Liverpool has been quite stunning.
"I even heard some Manchester City fans crowing, ‘We want to win games and win them well’.
"Which is rubbish — I don’t remember it being about style over substance for them two decades ago when they were scraping through third-tier finals at Wembley.
"City just wanted to get up the leagues back then and they didn’t care how they did it.
"Yet here they are, 20 years and a billionaire sheikh later, basking in the gloriousness of life in Pepville.

Benjamin Mendy says 'bye bye' to his stitches
It will be a long road to recovery for Manchester City's crocked defender Benjamin Mendy, but every little victory will feel like a huge step towards full recovery.
City's first-choice left back Mendy is possibly out for the season after he sustained a ruptured cruciate ligament in only his fifth City appearance last month.
The France international looked frighteningly good during the start of the campaign and was starting to pay back the lofty £52million it cost to prise him away from Monaco this summer.
Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has had stitches out of his knee following surgery
But since the injury against Crystal Palace, Mendy has endeavoured to keep his fans up to date with his recovery through his social media channels.
The 23-year-old underwent surgery on the injury in Barcelona and City manager Pep Guardiola admitted the defender's absence is a big loss.
'We would miss him a lot – it would be a major setback,' Guardiola said. 'It's very frustrating for him.
'Like what happened last year with Ilkay Gundogan, I feel really sad. For the way we want to play, he is a unique player.'
The Frenchman will hope removing his stitches will be just one of a number of positives that will continue to keep his spirits high during his rehabilitation.

I didn’t think for one minute about joining Arsenal: Sterling
Manchester City midfielder Raheem Sterling has stated he did not “think one minute” about Arsenal’s wish to buy him in the summer when he learned of the club’s interest. The forward was wanted by Arsenal as part of a deal that would have taken Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City. However Pep Guardiola did not contemplate allowing the 22-year-old to leave and Sterling has rewarded the manager’s faith by scoring six times in the Premier League and seven in all competitions.
Sterling said he did not discuss with Guardiola a potential move to Arsenal, after discovering the club’s interest when with England in August. “I didn’t need to speak to him because I already spoke to him in the summer,” Sterling said.
“I didn’t have any negative thoughts. I just woke up one day with England, didn’t believe a word of it. I didn’t need to worry about it – didn’t think about it one minute.”
Sterling signed from Liverpool in July 2015 and views his long-term future at City. “I signed for five years,” he said. “I have three and a half years left.”
Sterling is City’s joint top-scorer, with Sergio Agüero and Gabriel Jesus. His other goal came in the 2-0 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk in City’s second Champions League match.
City host Napoli today and Sterling wants to continue his stellar form with the World Cup in Russia at the close of the campaign. “Yeah, it is massive year for me, for the team and I need to keep building, keep working hard and go to the World Cup on a positive,” Sterling said.
His highest club tally of goals in a season is 11, achieved twice with Liverpool. Sterling appears certain to eclipse this, having managed 10 last term. “I just need to continue focusing on getting into goalscoring areas, getting into the box because that is where the majority of my goals come from,” he said. “I am trying to build on the year before.”
Sterling praised Guardiola’s contribution to his game. “He’s been massive for me especially with basic stuff – he always tries to get you to do the simple things at top level and that’s the genius thing about him. It works, too.”
Sterling’s six league goals have come at the best strike-to-minutes ratio in the Premier League. “It is something I have been trying to improve, scoring more goals, being more efficient and being more clinical,” he said. “That has been a massive question mark.”
Whereas City have won both group games, Napoli lost their opening match at Shakhtar. However Maurizio Sarri’s side are unbeaten in Serie A which they lead by two points. Of the challenge that awaits his side, Guardiola said: “It is not a team that is going to wait. They make high pressing and amazing buildup in the middle. They have three guys who are so dynamic: [Lorenzo] Insigne, [Dries] Mertens and [José] Callej?n. They make runs in behind – especially Callej?n. In the middle they have [Marek] Hamsik who can also run in behind.
“The set pieces are also good. The goalkeeper [Pepe Reina] is also good; the leader of his team-mates, he has the quality to make the buildup.”
Guardiola has a fully-fit Aguero available, following a rib injury.“Yesterday he had an amazing training session,” the manager said.

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Real Madrid are planning a £150m move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 24. (Daily Mirror)

However, Tottenham will demand £200m for the England international. (Times)

Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 29, is moving closer to leaving Arsenal in January as the Gunners look for a potential buyer. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle want to sign £15m-rated Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun in January. The Turkey international, 26, is also attracting attention from Tottenham and Crystal Palace. (Daily Star)

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho wants a big pay rise if he is to sign a new contract. (Guardian)

Shakhtar Donetsk boss Paulo Fonseca says he wants to work in the Premier League, which could prompt renewed interest from Everton. (Daily Telegraph)

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino would be willing to sign a 15-year contract with the north London club. (London Evening Standard)

Paris St-Germain striker Edinson Cavani, 30, has targeted a move to Manchester City after an on-field disagreement with Neymar has led to uncertainty about the Uruguay international's future. (Don Balon, via Manchester Evening News)

Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso, 26, is a potential target for Barcelona. The former Real Madrid player is being considered as a long-term replacement for Jordi Alba, 28. (Daily Mail)

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny, formerly of Arsenal, says he would like to become an interior designer after he retires. (Independent)

Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses is set to miss four weeks with a hamstring injury. (Telegraph)

Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says his successor Jose Mourinho is a "very sympathetic guy" but still has reservations over the way in which he was replaced. (ESPN, via Ziggo Sport)

Paris Saint-Germain will pay Brazilian forward Neymar three million euros (£2.67m) if he wins the Ballon d'Or. (Le Parisien - in French)

Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata, 29, rejected a reported £375,000-a-week after tax to move to the Chinese Super League. (The Sun)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was involved in an angry exchange with referee Neil Swarbrick after his side's 2-1 defeat by Watford and could be charged by the Football Association. (Evening Standard) 

RB Leipzig would never have sold Naby Keita to Liverpool had it not been for his release clause, the German club have confirmed. Keita, 22, will move to Anfield next summer after the Reds agreed to pay a premium on top of the 22-year-old's £48m release fee, which comes into effect at the end of this campaign. (Liverpool Echo)

GOLDEN BOLLOX
On this day in 2013

Blues cash boost: City closing on Bayern
Manchester City will become one of the five top clubs in terms of worldwide revenue and are closing on German giants Bayern Munich.
Manchester is about to become ‘the epicentre of football’, with City poised to join United as one of the top five money-making clubs on the planet.
That’s the bold claim of the Blues’ chief operating officer Tom Glick, who predicted the Blues – who last year broke into the global top 10 in terms of income for the first time – will experience another huge revenue increase.
Glick has been the mastermind behind a series of commercial deals struck by City across the world, and which last year helped them to increase revenue by a whopping 51 per cent, to become the seventh highest-earning club in the world.
The last available figures show City earned £242m, just behind Arsenal (£246m), Chelsea (£274m) and Bayern Munich (£313m), while United (£336m) are tucked in behind the Spanish big two of Barcelona (£410m) and Real Madrid (£435m).
But Glick feels the Blues will soon be challenging Bayern, and are closing on United.
“Next year Manchester will have two of the top five clubs in terms of worldwide revenues, we’re catching up with Bayern Munich,” said Glick.
City are forging ahead with plans to increase the stadium capacity from 48,000 to 61,000, and are building a new training facility and youth academy close to the ground.
“We are very excited about the direction of the club,” said Glick.
But he also said City were at pains to retain their close relationship with their supporters, adding: “We have to be affordable for our fans, that is why we have invested heavily in all aspects of the matchday experience, from the concourse to the new and unique Chairman’s Club.”
Making City a self-sufficient, profit-making enterprise was always part of Sheikh Mansour’s plan when he took over the club five years ago, and Glick paid tribute to the owner, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and chief executive Ferran Soriano for their vision.
“We are fortunate to have amazing owners who challenge us, and to have a visionary chief executive,” he said.
Glick added that tours of the USA, South Africa, Finland and the Far East have all been part of the strategy.
He said: “Over the summer we played nine games in four continents and we were astounded by the number of fans and interest in our club.”

Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis gets game as he nears comeback
MANCHESTER CITY defender Martin Demichelis is on the road to recovery after being named in the starting line-up for the elite development's squad game against Rochdale tonight.
The 32-year-old joined from Atletico Madrid in a £4.2m deal earlier this season but was ruled out for six weeks with a knee injury in November.
England international midfielder Jack Rodwell has also been named in the team.
Demichelis had previously played under City boss Manuel Pellegrini at Malaga and River Plate.
City take on West Ham at the weekend.

Students stop traffic in Newcastle with Toure chant
Traffic in Newcastle city centre was stopped bizarrely in the early hours of Wednesday morning as students singing about Manchester City player Yaya Toure and his brother and ex-Blue Kolo blocked the streets.
It's not the Etihad, it's not Mary Ds - it's not even Manchester.
But Collingwood Street, in Newcastle city centre, was bizarrely turned Blue for ten, traffic-stopping minutes in the early hours of Wednesday morning thanks to a City terrace anthem.
We still think the one in Sligo a couple of weeks back was better, but this isn’t a bad effort to be fair.
At some point in the last year or so, a simple yet brilliantly effective chant about Kolo and Yaya Toure seems to have been adopted as the student anthem of choice amongst students in Ireland and the UK on nights out.
Despite the fact that the Toures don’t actually play for the same club anymore and the fact that the vast majority of those singing it probably don’t remember 2 Unlimited’s ‘No Limits,’ the song from which it takes its inspiration, it is still regularly sung by mass gatherings of students on nights out, as was the case in Newcastle earlier this week.

City architects release new images of what the Etihad could look like after expansion to 61,000
Manchester City have released more information on how they plan to extend the Etihad Stadium's capacity from 48,000 to 61,500.
Architects have removed the stadium's roof to show how they plan to add two new tiers to the 11-year-old ground in an ambitious plan.
City fans won't be exposed to the elements though, the architects have taken the roof off in their drawings to show exactly how the extra tiers will be added. If the plans go ahead, it will be firmly on top of the stadium to protect supporters from Manchester's elements.
The latest drawings went on display near CIty Square on the Etihad campus but club chiefs await consultation before applying for planning permission for the expansion next month.
The club have planned four meetings with local residents, where they can raise any concerns. The 2012 Premier League champions say they have plans in place to deal with higher volume of traffic and litter.
City will also adhere to their club policy that 85 per cent of materials used in the building work will be locally sourced, with no fewer than 60 per cent of those employed on the project coming from the surrounding communities, according to the Manchester Evening News.
City earlier revealed their ambitious plans to expand the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to 61,500.
Both ends of the stadium, owned by Manchester council, would be lifted to accommodate an extra tier and 13,500 seats.
The scheme would make the Etihad the third-largest venue in domestic football in Britain and City plan to apply for planning permission next month.
City are offering their 36,000 season card holders the opportunity to buy up to four more season cards.
Members of the club's Blue scheme will also be invited to apply.
Officials will then gauge levels of interest before deciding to extend one or both ends of the stadium, which was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games although permission will be sought for both.
A source quoted by the Manchester Evening News said: 'It has to be commercially viable.'
A glossy leaflet to be sent to fans reads: 'Opportunities like this only happen once in a blue moon.'
It added: 'As the team grows, our fanbase grows and our home has to grow.'
Season card holders will also be offered the chance to move from their existing seats

Manchester City defender Micah Richards a target for Roma, say Italian press
The 24-year-old defender, who has been unable to dislodge Pablo Zabaleta in the City side, has been linked with a switch to the Italian capital

Italian job: Could Richards be tempted by Serie A?
Micah Richards is reportedly a target for Roma.
Italian paper Corriere dello Sportclaims Roma coach Rudi Garcia is interested in the England international.
Richards, 24, has returned to action after an injury-plagued 15 months, but has been unable to dislodge Pablo Zabaleta from City's right-back berth.
He is also yet to agree new terms with the Blues, despite the club opening talks in the summer. This has alerted Garcia, who feels City could be persuaded to let Richards go.
Roma could face competition from Newcastle, with Alan Pardew also interested in Richards

Eliaquim Mangala, the 22-year-old £40m-rated Porto defender who has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester City in the summer has hired Jorge Mendes - the same agent used by Jose Mourinho. Daily Mirror

Tottenham are set to offer 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Paulinho a contract extension to fend off interest from Spanish giants Real Madrid. Daily Star

Spurs are considering a £15m January move for out-of-favour Paris St-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, 28. Metro

Galatasaray manager Roberto Mancini is ready to offer £13m for Manchester United's Portuguese winger Nani, 26, in January. Daily Express

Meanwhile, Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder, 29, has been encouraged to leave the Turkish club for Chelsea by Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal. Daily Star

Radamel Falcao, who signed for Monaco for a reported £50m in May, has refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid. The 27-year-old Colombia international striker has thanked Real president Florentino Perez for his interest. Independent

Former Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda, who was an unused substitute in the World Cup final in 2006, is training with League One Carlisle. The 34-year-old had previously been playing with non-League Market Drayton after leaving Doncaster. Daily Star

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says there might be a number of sales in the January transfer window but midfielders Clement Grenier, 22, and Maxime Gonalons, 24, will not be amongst them. Le Monde

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola is surprised by the speed with which his squad have adapted to his demands since taking charge at the Allianz Arena in June. Bayern Magazin

Manchester United's 18-year-old winger Adnan Januzaj will choose England as his international team if the Football Association can overcome the obstacle of the five-year residency rule. DSSC

England's dream draw would pit them in a World Cup group alongside Switzerland who have secured seeding at the tournament after comfortably winning Group E. Independent

England boss Roy Hodgson will consult with his cricketing counterpart Andy Flower to find out the best way to stave off boredom among his squad during the month-long World Cup. Warren Gatland, who led the British and Irish Lions in Australia this summer, can also expect a call. Times

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is a contender for the vacant Sheffield United manager's post after David Weir's sacking earlier this month. Daily Mirror

Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa, 24, says he needs to play more after claiming his lack of club games made him feel out of shape for international duty with Japan. Daily Telegraph

West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison and Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha, both 20, have resolved their differences after clashing during England's under-21 win over Lithuania. Guardian

Argentine winger Erik Lamela, 21, says he fears for his World Cup place unless he plays more for new club Tottenham. Metro
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 am

Collymore is a cock.

I'm really warming to Sterling. The guy seems to have great spirit and strength of personality. I just hope it is real and isn't a front put up to protect himself from all the shit that comes his way.

I'm sorry that Nolito's daughter hasn't regained her former colour.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 am

Justified logic wrote:Collymore is a cock.

I'm really warming to Sterling. The guy seems to have great spirit and strength of personality. I just hope it is real and isn't a front put up to protect himself from all the shit that comes his way.

When Sterling broke through at Liverpool as a teenager it stood out how fearless he was able to play - which said to me that he was strong mentally - I've never been too worried about his mentality while he's been getting all this (media driven) shit since he came here. Although these things can accumulate over time I guess.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 am

Dameerto wrote:

When Sterling broke through at Liverpool as a teenager it stood out how fearless he was able to play - which said to me that he was strong mentally - I've never been too worried about his mentality while he's been getting all this (media driven) shit since he came here. Although these things can accumulate over time I guess.

True. Everyone who works with him says he's got a great mentality. It's a good job, because he's the most persecuted player in the country.
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 am

Excellent point and complements by everyone following through.
I started warming to Raz well before Pep helped him fullfil most of his potential, just because of that.
but You really have to be made of "BUD/S' Coronado Hell Week" fabric to be able to sustain on the long haul a media driven hatred by a whole Nation!
Think was Sister of Fu, who pointed out first, how much the lad requires unconditioned hot support from the Blues Nation.

secondly, I know the concept of "being gracious in victory" must not stand high on the Catalan culture, but I think the sentenced con must really stop feeding his clients with utter defamatory b*ll*x!
You never know, Fer, some Mad Hatter carrying decent ties within the international law community, might always dig dip into that Panama whereabouts.

THAT'S SOME PAIR OF B*LL*X!!! very apt for the night.... well done, Chinnera.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:48 pm

So Mourinho wants more money, if he is to extend his stay at the Club.

Does this make him a mercenary, as I thought everyone went to the Swamp for the love of their purportedly exalted status and 'istree and not for the grubby pursuit of money ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:So Mourinho wants more money, if he is to extend his stay at the Club.

Does this make him a mercenary, as I thought everyone went to the Swamp for the love of their purportedly exalted status and 'istree and not for the grubby pursuit of money ??

Where is his ‘inner boy’?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:So Mourinho wants more money, if he is to extend his stay at the Club.

Up his inner arse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Up his inner arse.

Remember when he came back to Chelsea and declared that he was now the "Happy One".

The cunt is about the furthest from "happy" that you're likely to see.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:17 pm

That makes me happy, I've an unhealthy dislike for the man, on a level with Slur Alex, maybe even worse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That makes me happy, I've an unhealthy dislike for the man, on a level with Slur Alex, maybe even worse.

Youre not alone, there.
talking of sportsmanship sentiments on a sentence about Whiskeyhead may sound an oxymoron, but at least the old cheat had something about the game in him...
Mourinho is alien to sporting, period.
imo

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: Tuesay's B*ll*x

Postby branny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Collymore sounds very bitter going on about where we were nearly twenty years ago. Not arsed about them lot drawing at Anfield. Let the special one pick up his draws at his so called rivals. It means two of ours dropping points if that's the case. We have shown that we're quite capable of getting all three no matter who it's against.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Nah, Maureen has a long long way to go before he hits the Demento 'hatred' level for me.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 pm

So Stan "dogger" Colleymore thinks conceding two against Stoke is poor. Does the thick cunt not realise his beloved rags also conceded twice v Stoke. The only difference of course was that we smashed seven past them and won the game whereas the rags scraped a draw.

How this fuck gets any sort of presenting job is a disgrace. He'd be in jail if I was Home Secretary.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:So Stan "dogger" Colleymore thinks conceding two against Stoke is poor. Does the thick cunt not realise his beloved rags also conceded twice v Stoke. The only difference of course was that we smashed seven past them and won the game whereas the rags scraped a draw.

How this fuck gets any sort of presenting job is a disgrace. He'd be in jail if I was Home Secretary.

We've had a quick meeting at Loony HQ and would like to offer you the position of Loony Home Secretary
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Chinners wrote:
nottsblue wrote:So Stan "dogger" Colleymore thinks conceding two against Stoke is poor. Does the thick cunt not realise his beloved rags also conceded twice v Stoke. The only difference of course was that we smashed seven past them and won the game whereas the rags scraped a draw.

We've had a quick meeting at Loony HQ and would like to offer you the position of Loony Home Secretary

Excellent. I of course accept.

Be afraid Colleymore, be very afraid. There are also a lot of dippers and rags who will find themselves at the Tower of London, in the stocks, with a good supply of rotten fruit and vegetables just waiting to be thrown at them.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Be afraid Colleymore, be very afraid. There are also a lot of dippers and rags who will find themselves at the Tower of London, in the stocks, with a good supply of rotten fruit and vegetables just waiting to be thrown at them.

shit there isnt a "big envy" emojo on the editing board.
or an application for for foreigner applicant to statutory amendments... 8-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:

I hope the vegetables are turnips and swedes and the fruit is apples.....and they don't necessarily have to be rotten.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum