Next up - Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next up - Burnley

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:46 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We definitely need rotation, we burned out players like Silva, DeBruyne and Sterling last season, around springtime, when they should be getting their second wind to push on for the run in, they were exhausted.

In Sterling's case, so far he's played over 300 minutes less than he had at this stage last season, good to see.

We've got to trust Pep, who has a team of sports science analysts to inform him on recovery times and what not, to make the right calls.

We looked very leggy in them last twenty minutes against Napoli.

Definitely needs to rest some players and while I don't know when it is a good time to rest kdb or silva, they could probably both do with it this weekend.

I'd rest kdb, but bring him on last half hour if we can't break them down.

Maybe start b silva too?

I'd like to see him start, he's looked really good in his cameos. Actually reminds me more of Iniesta than Silva.

I'd also like to see Gundogan and Danilo start but then you start wondering will that upset the balance too much

b silva has improved (he was pretty poor at first imo) but hasn't yet developed the ability to control the game and knit our play together the way pep requires. on the other hand, gundogan looks ready to start and i think he will do tomor.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 pm

City64 wrote:
Chinners wrote:All true, however I reckon I could do 2 a week .... where can I claim my £100k?

Me too Chinners ! So many posters going around in circles saying players need a rest already and can't get there head around most will be getting next week off as there will be whole sale changes v Wolves . Meanwhile we are top of the league pushing hard for the title yeah let's give some of them Saturday off coz it's windy and rainy ??? fuck me I need a beer !!! :-D

cheers to that
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
Chinners wrote:All true, however I reckon I could do 2 a week .... where can I claim my £100k?

Me too Chinners ! So many posters going around in circles saying players need a rest already and can't get there head around most will be getting next week off as there will be whole sale changes v Wolves . Meanwhile we are top of the league pushing hard for the title yeah let's give some of them Saturday off coz it's windy and rainy ??? fuck me I need a beer !!! :-D

cheers to that

Amen. As Jesus might say.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan